Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 06:22 PM   #71
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Exactly what makes C5 almost worthless. People touting stuff with no data because they happen to like who's selling it.

You're calling the debate in favor of a prototype?

This thread is giving me high blood pressure.

How about this for an idea...could we get ONE thread in this section that doesn't turn into an RX FI advertisement? The title is about tuning the llt, which RX doesn't even do.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I completely agree with you. There's no data on this supercharger yet and people are already getting ready to push it like it's god's gift to the v6.

Click Picture for Build Thread
Old 06-05-2013, 06:32 PM   #72
hunterv6
Always bet on Black

Drives: 2011 turbo LS, 2012 f 150,
Quote:

How about this for an idea...could we get ONE thread in this section that doesn't turn into an RX FI advertisement? The title is about tuning the llt, which RX doesn't even do.

Maybe you miss this part

[/QUOTE]- We have also developed our own tunes, with DIMSPORT helping us on the LLTs and HPTuners on the LFXs, that we are happy to sell as our very own RX Premium Tuning solutions, tested fully on our very own AWD dyno in house. We do not limit what tune is installed on anything we sell, as in we support an open and transparent market so that the customer has more choices and is not limited in tuning selection.[/QUOTE]

Sent from my iPad2 on space mountain
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283263</font>
Old 06-05-2013, 06:34 PM   #73
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterv6 View Post
Maybe you miss this part

- We have also developed our own tunes, with DIMSPORT helping us on the LLTs and HPTuners on the LFXs, that we are happy to sell as our very own RX Premium Tuning solutions, tested fully on our very own AWD dyno in house. We do not limit what tune is installed on anything we sell, as in we support an open and transparent market so that the customer has more choices and is not limited in tuning selection.

Guess I did. First I've ever heard of it. But then again a lot of firsts for me in this thread.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:37 PM   #74
hunterv6
Always bet on Black

Drives: 2011 turbo LS, 2012 f 150,
Quote:
Guess I did. First I've ever heard of it. But then again a lot of firsts for me in this thread.

Your not alone. But look at it like this the v6 is growing and more parts are available.

<font color=#0066cc>http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283263</font>
Old 06-05-2013, 06:42 PM   #75
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterv6 View Post
Your not alone. But look at it like this the v6 is growing and more parts are available.

More names anyway. More unique parts is highly debatable.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:42 PM   #76
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Quote:
Exactly what makes C5 almost worthless. People touting stuff with no data because they happen to like who's selling it.

You're calling the debate in favor of a prototype?

This thread is giving me high blood pressure.

Please tell me where your coming from.......why do you say we don't tune? We have been tuning the LLT for the past 3 years, and are now expanding it into even broader horizons for the benefit of those not happy with current choices. I was tuning with LT1 edit back in the day before the LS engine was released in 1997. Then went to LS1 edit. Moved to HP Tuners when they came on the scene, and have been tuning for app 14 -15 years with flash tuning, Eprom chips before that, and carburetors since the late 60's......please tell me how you think you know anything about me or my companies?

And its not advertising when were answering questions asked in the thread, unless of course the answers must not be what you want to hear so that annoys you?

And where is there no data? I have what, 3 plus years of posting data, dyno graphs, technical info here and that is "no data?"

It seems YOUR only purpose for interfering is you don't want more choices for the members, don't want them to have lower priced options, improved choices? Would you feel better had we not spent all the years of time, sweat, $$, and blood keeping our chin up by not stooping to the slamming of competitors like some seem to not be confident enough to succeed on their own w/out doing so to us?

I'm confused on what your intent is here.....would you rather have a monopoly with only a few choices all controlled by only one or two companies and prices that put these mods out of reach of the average member that would want this power if they could afford it? And now they can?

This really angers you that much? We pour our life into these products we produce, design, improve and without a day off for over a year (except sick when unable to work a 12-14 hour day) Karen & I work longer and harder than most would ever consider as we love this.....so how this can anger you I suspect is you have a vested interest in less products, less choice, and higher prices for all.

SO we must be doing something right as it's always this few trouble makers that don't seem to care how any of this benefits the masses on here because they love their car that are always there to rain on others parade.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:47 PM   #77
CamaroDreams07

Really funny for you to say anything about a monopoly at this point.

Anyway, I'll excuse myself. I've heard from enough of the respected members in here via pm to know where the true enthusiast opinion lies on the issue.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:51 PM   #78
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
I figured you would slink away when presented with it this way. I could have charged $500 less and made all the more profit, $1000 less, but we priced this as low as we could with the highest quality possible for the budget minded to enjoy....and those "Trusted" members PM'ing you? They are not competitors that feel they need to tear down others to promote themselves? We made these open to ALL tuners competitors or not to make this as available as possible.

Oh, and I forgot....what Prototype are you referring to? This is in full production. We are offering the first LLT & LFX the deal to document on video and have them promote the RX systems in return.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:59 PM   #79
OfficiallyTook

Drives: 2010 LLT victory red
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
I figured you would slink away when presented with it this way. I could have charged $500 less and made all the more profit, $1000 less, but we priced this as low as we could with the highest quality possible for the budget minded to enjoy....and those "Trusted" members PM'ing you? They are not competitors that feel they need to tear down others to promote themselves? We made these open to ALL tuners competitors or not to make this as available as possible.

Oh, and I forgot....what Prototype are you referring to? This is in full production. We are offering the first LLT & LFX the deal to document on video and have them promote the RX systems in return.

Sent from my EVO using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
Old 06-05-2013, 07:44 PM   #80
Rob21sf

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
OK...........My turn and only turn to jump in on this for a moment.

The fastest IPF supercharged V6 Camaro to date (that I recall) on this forum belongs to fellow Detroit 5th Gen club member. I know, I was there, video tapped the pass too.

However, since that day, he has had nothing but issues with his set-up. He has tried contacting IPF to get this resolved. No return emails or calls. (I am only posting what I was told). I finally hooked him up with Tracy.

As far as I know he and Tracy are working out the issues. Mostly had to do with the catch can set-up causing most of his issues.

One other thing, as far as getting a hold of Vince at Trifecta, I have never had a problem. Sometimes the emails get dumped into his spam folder. I always follow up a few days later and never had an issue.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:46 PM   #81
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Vibe92 View Post
its because its the most exciting and new thing on the market. And aparently tuning is dead for the LLT.. no one has anything else to add to it thats why
Just because it is exciting and new doesn't make it GOOD! In fact, I think we should have all learned by now that exciting and new means you want to stay the hell away from it until other people out there have broken through all the crap.

Do you remember the STS system and how great that was? Yeah.

You remember the first Trifecta tune and how great that was? $600 for NO performance gains.

Do you remember the RX optional pulley for their now "mid grade" system which failed to work at all? (blame that on the tune if you want...it just didn't work)

Remember the cams and how awesome that was and how with the ported heads it was supposed to kick N/A Ass. Sure it did.....not.

Remember when a member here named Make It Rain asked for performance numbers way back when the a certain SC kit was hitting the market, yet those numbers just never showed up, or the results at the track were not al that great due to whatever other "reasons".

Does that help my point??

I would agree that much in the way of brand new tuning options are pretty much dead, but that doesn't mean there may not be options that exist that do work and are effective.

[QUOTE=hunterv6;6634038]Maybe you miss this part

Quote:
We have also developed our own tunes, with DIMSPORT helping us on the LLTs and HPTuners on the LFXs, that we are happy to sell as our very own RX Premium Tuning solutions, tested fully on our very own AWD dyno in house. We do not limit what tune is installed on anything we sell, as in we support an open and transparent market so that the customer has more choices and is not limited in tuning selection.

I'd like to know what software suite DIMSPORT is using to access and modify the tables??
Old 06-05-2013, 07:47 PM   #82
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob21sf View Post
As for Det_Duke....my sources tell me that Det_Duke did not complain to IPF. I'll just leave it at that.....not saying I can prove it or whatever.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:55 PM   #83
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I'd like to know what software suite DIMSPORT is using to access and modify the tables??
Me too, this is the first I've heard of DIMSPORT.

Quote:
As for Det_Duke....my sources tell me that Det_Duke did not complain to IPF. I'll just leave it at that.....not saying I can prove it or whatever.
Det_Duke needs to come in here and lay this to rest, problem solved. As far as I'm concerned it's true, this is based off of rtcat600man's comment. He has absolutely nothing to gain by telling a lie and he has had my respect on these forums for a while. Maybe he doesn't have ALL of the information.

And here we go, going down the path of off topic-ness.

Last edited by BaylorCamaro; 06-05-2013 at 08:07 PM.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:21 PM   #84
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Me too, this is the first I've heard of DIMSPORT.

Det_Duke needs to come in here and lay this to rest, problem solved. As far as I'm concerned it's true, this is based off of rtcat600man's comment. He has absolutely nothing to gain by telling a lie and he has had my respect on these forums for a while. Maybe he doesn't have ALL of the information.

And here we go, going down the path of off topic-ness.

OK, Since I started this and have been brought back in.............. .....to both of you guys too.............as I have always liked what the two of you have done for our V6 folks.

First I don't LIE, never have, never will, nothing gained by ever telling a lie.

Second, You may not see Det_Duke in here, then again maybe you will. He does pop in and out on our club web site. The reason I know about his issue is he emailed me with his troubles. I in turn set him up with Tracy as I know about the issues that were going on with that system. I let the two of them work it out. Det_Duke has posted on our club site that all is going GREAT now and he is one happy owner again. At one point his Camaro was at the dealership getting things sorted out.

I for one try to stay out of many of the threads were it gets into certain things being said about certain people. I do have my opinion on many of what was said in this last page of posts. What I can say is much of what has been said is not helping anybody, I find it disturbing to see people calling each other out for various reasons without probably knowing all the facts.

OK in before the lock and got my 2 cents in.

Closed Thread