Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 04-09-2014, 06:56 PM   #1
kinpin
618 RWHP

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Is this true ?

OK, I ordered a 2014 Camaro 1LE without the Racarro seats on 3/24. The delivery should be the last week of May, but after talking to people on the forum I decided that was a mistake, so I called my salesman today and asked him to add the seats to my order. He said let me check if I can. When he called me back he told me that the car was ordered, approved and allocated by Chevy and was in que to be made and at this point he cannot make any changes. I said OK. But after I thought about it, if it hasn't been made yet, why cant they just add the seats? I don't want to cancel my order because I don't know if I will be able to reorder another one, I think it is a limited production. Any info would help.
kinpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:02 PM   #2
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
Once it's ordered ( 3000) it is a done deal ,unless the dealer will take it for his inventory and let you reorder one the way you want . If you back out ,you may loose your deposit .
Old 04-09-2014, 07:13 PM   #3
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
OP don't panic, the stock seats are pretty good. The Recaros are only useful if you plan to track your car seriously. Otherwise the stock seats are a bit more comfortable and easier to get in and out of.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:27 PM   #4
kinpin
618 RWHP

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
OP don't panic, the stock seats are pretty good. The Recaros are only useful if you plan to track your car seriously. Otherwise the stock seats are a bit more comfortable and easier to get in and out of.
Thank you . That makes me feel a little better.
kinpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:27 PM   #5
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Yes, it's true. If you really want the Recaro's, you'll have to cancel your order and then place a new one. Then wait the 6-8 week period for arrival at your dealership.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:13 PM   #6
Matty1LE

Drives: 2014 1LE Camaro 2$$
Im glad mine was sitting on the dealers lot ready to go with all the options I wanted with the hassle of ordering and waiting.

Might not happen very often but it was perfect timing and 100% what I wanted. Hope you enjoy it without even without the Recaros cause its definitely a sealed deal
Matty1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:44 AM   #7
MikeInAZ

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE, AGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty1LE View Post
Im glad mine was sitting on the dealers lot ready to go with all the options I wanted with the hassle of ordering and waiting.

Might not happen very often but it was perfect timing and 100% what I wanted. Hope you enjoy it without even without the Recaros cause its definitely a sealed deal
Exactly the same scenario with me too, had Recaros, NPP, and about every other option available so I lucked out... Huge fan of the Recaros... But I'm sure the standard seats are great too, this car is incredible from nose to tail.

kinpin- it was only two weeks ago since you ordered, so I would seriously consider what means the most to you, with no regrets. Honestly, I think the seats are well worth it, feel awesome, and look incredible(adds to the overall appeal of the 'track inspiration'). Either way I feel 110% sure you'll love your 1LE!

Roto-Fab CAI, #8 Fuse Pull, 1LE Emblems, misc cosmetic changes, and a mod list that is a mile long.
MikeInAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 01:05 AM   #8
DefiantXSoldier

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 2SS/RS/1LE NPP Recaros
Is this true ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinpin View Post
OK, I ordered a 2014 Camaro 1LE without the Racarro seats on 3/24. The delivery should be the last week of May, but after talking to people on the forum I decided that was a mistake, so I called my salesman today and asked him to add the seats to my order. He said let me check if I can. When he called me back he told me that the car was ordered, approved and allocated by Chevy and was in que to be made and at this point he cannot make any changes. I said OK. But after I thought about it, if it hasn't been made yet, why cant they just add the seats? I don't want to cancel my order because I don't know if I will be able to reorder another one, I think it is a limited production. Any info would help.

If the Recaros will make you happier then I say do what you have to do to work it out with the dealer. Don't have any regrets about your purchase!

I currently own a 2010 2SS/RS and love my seats but I'm ready for something to huge me a little tighter around the sides. With that being said...I just placed my order yesterday for a 2014 2SS/RS 1LE in Red Hot with NPP and Recaros. Checked with my dealer today and the order is in the que for production. I'm hoping for a short lead time since my dealer placed the order as already sold to the GM factory. They tell me that I'm the only one in CA that has the order placed as sold already.

Long story short...I was supposed to buy a 1LE similar to the one I ordered and have it trucked from another dealership 450 miles to my dealer. But even after signing papers the other dealer says that, "they just accepted a deposit from another local buyer and they can't sell it to me anymore" so my dealership is making it up to me. The plus side is that I got to add what I really wanted that the other car didn't have...The Recaro seats

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
DefiantXSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:12 AM   #9
Buffman
1LE FTW

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE Recaros NPP
Recaro seats are more than just for TRACK days - these seats are far superior than the standard seats (hence the $2k price tag) They are incredibly comfortable and will help re-sale hands down.
If you really want them, get them you can wait a little longer to have what you want!
Buffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:36 AM   #10
Zerort

Drives: 2014 AGM Camaro 1LE, 2SS, RS 3/25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffman View Post
Recaro seats are more than just for TRACK days - these seats are far superior than the standard seats (hence the $2k price tag) They are incredibly comfortable and will help re-sale hands down.
If you really want them, get them you can wait a little longer to have what you want!
They might help with resale. My guess is alot of people wont be careful and will tear up the bolster getting in and out of the car.

There was a guy on here whose seat looked pretty bad after a few months of ownership.

If you don't take care if those seats I bet it would hurt resale. However, if you stay on top of them, and don't beat them to hell, yeah, would probably help for that target buyer.
Zerort is offline   Reply With Quote