Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-01-2008, 07:32 AM   #57
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Well if it does get pushed back to summer late fall, I will have to buy my V-6 Accord since my lease will be up on April 15th.

That makes me think I will wait for 2011 or latter to see if Z28 or some other faster version comes out.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 08:26 AM   #58
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txturbo View Post
Damn....must be a hard list to get on....I posted the first salesmans reference guide and I didn't even make it.
HERE COMES THE SUBURBANS!!!!!!!!!!
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 08:29 AM   #59
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
HERE COMES THE SUBURBANS!!!!!!!!!!
The salesmen were handing them out like candy at a parade the day I stopped by the dealership......of course it was Bill Heard Chevrolet and they are closed now.....

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:13 AM   #60
TomServo

Drives: 2007 Z06
If this is true my son as told me he'll cancel his order and buy a Mustang GT (do you know how that will break my heart???).

He's due back from Iraq in April 09 and wants to have a new car waiting for him. GM needs to kill these rumors right now.
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:18 AM   #61
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
If this is true my son as told me he'll cancel his order and buy a Mustang GT (do you know how that will break my heart???).

He's due back from Iraq in April 09 and wants to have a new car waiting for him. GM needs to kill these rumors right now.
Tell him to just put his order in. If GM was really worried about this, do you think they would continue to allow us to order the car in that powetrain combo?
Old 12-01-2008, 09:28 AM   #62
TomServo

Drives: 2007 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Tell him to just put his order in. If GM was really worried about this, do you think they would continue to allow us to order the car in that powetrain combo?
My dealer is trying to change my original order (2LT/RS) for an 2SS/RS today. I spoke with him about 30 minutes ago. He said he's having trouble with the GM order system not accepting it - getting some error message.

He said he needs to call and find out what's going on, he's able to change Corvette and other vehicle orders.

BTW I ordered my 2LT/RS on Oct 15th but decided I wanted the CTS-V and am attempting to convert my order to my son who wants the 2SS.

So something is going on.
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:08 AM   #63
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
My dealer is trying to change my original order (2LT/RS) for an 2SS/RS today. I spoke with him about 30 minutes ago. He said he's having trouble with the GM order system not accepting it - getting some error message.

He said he needs to call and find out what's going on, he's able to change Corvette and other vehicle orders.

BTW I ordered my 2LT/RS on Oct 15th but decided I wanted the CTS-V and am attempting to convert my order to my son who wants the 2SS.

So something is going on.
Some aren't accepting changes yet, mine didn't when I tried last week. I ended up cancelling my order and having him reimput it the way I wanted. You might have to do the same.
TLSTWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:11 AM   #64
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
I hope this is not true...if so I too will hold off I think to see if they bring out a Z28 with 500hp.

I really would like to have the FINAL WORD on this stuff...I'm getting a new Camaro either way but I sure would like to know for sure if it's spring 2009 or summer/fall 2009!

More time means more money saved but also means more time to wait!
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:57 AM   #65
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txturbo View Post
Damn....must be a hard list to get on....I posted the first salesmans reference guide and I didn't even make it.
The list is nice.

But,

I'm thinking there are quite a few names left off. Lil Weasel, Robert91rs, 3whiterag, Chadrcr, and the list goes on and on.

Bottom line this site has informed people on it. Our members include other camaro site mods and admins, Desciples, the everday joe that is a student of all things Camaro. More insiders than can be counted, all here to help make this site what it is.

But its the cumulative effect of all of us that makes it such a cool place to be.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:01 AM   #66
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Guys, I really think everything will be fine. Don't start changing orders around, cancelling, etc because of a rumor. Nothing has been verified true or debunked as false. This is all just talk.

If there is an issue w/ this L99 and the auto, you better believe that GM has ALL of their people on it right now working it out. DO NOT WORRY.

For those having problems changing orders, it's the ordering system. You must either have you dealer call OR cancel the order and reorder. Those are the only two ways to change orders which, for some unknown reason, can't be changed due to computer gliches.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:13 AM   #67
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Legend View Post
I hope this is not true...if so I too will hold off I think to see if they bring out a Z28 with 500hp.
Gosh for your sake I hope it's not true... You may not live long enough to see a new 500HP Z28 (at least one factory built)
Old 12-01-2008, 12:01 PM   #68
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Sorry but that guy sounds like he is full of it, or he is listening to someone in his company who is full of it. Anybody here with a job should know rumors fly and gain legs in a workplace like noones business. I'm sure there is still some engineering going on, and if there is I'm sure Scott can't comment on it which is why he hasn't replied. The company as well is pushing the virtues of the V6 as they see that will be their bread and butter in the end (enthusiasts aside of which there aren't enough of us to make this profitable).

Oh and a few of the recent test cars that we have seen random pics of are SS's... we can't confirm the tranny choice obviously.

I am not worried because unlike many I don't believe everything I read on the internet... even though it must be true because it's here!
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:15 PM   #69
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
Gosh for your sake I hope it's not true... You may not live long enough to see a new 500HP Z28 (at least one factory built)
Yeah I know...but I can always wish!

I have my 2SS on order...I'm good with that! It's been a long time coming and I'm just ready!
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 01:17 PM   #70
lalometalik
killer bAnana

Drives: 1985 z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Legend View Post
I really would like to have the FINAL WORD on this stuff...I'm getting a new Camaro either way but I sure would like to know for sure if it's spring 2009 or summer/fall 2009!

More time means more money saved but also means more time to wait!

that is one bitter-sweet bright side

"Shut your noise tube, Taco Human!"
lalometalik is offline   Reply With Quote