Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-21-2010, 12:56 PM   #1
TKO Performance

Drives: 64 & 07 Corvette
QUESTION- Is your interior too loud???

Hi Ladies and Gents,

If you don't mind, I wanted to ask a question regarding your interior noise levels..
With stock exhaust and stock tires, is road/tire noise annoying?
How about those who have went for the aftermarket exhaust, too loud, too much drone..?

The reason I'm asking is, we came up with a patent pending noise deadening system for the corvette (BLOCKIT). Drops about 10 db's in 60 seconds.
Works great. Looks great and best of all....you don't rip up your carpet or interior.
You lay in down in the cargo area and behind the seats right over your carpet. Check out the link:http://store.tkoperformance.com/bleadinnodes.html

The noise level in the corvette is unreal. I had no idea that road noise was such an issue even more so in other states.
We have received some requests for the 2010 maro, so I thought I would ask to get your feedback & see if this is something you would like us to design for you.

Consists of 4 layers that suppresses and absorbs noise. Top layer is perferated...looks nice installed.

Please let us know if this is or is not a problem in the 2010. We appreciate your feedback.
Feel free to email your thoughts . sales@tkoperformance.com
If you live in the Long Island area and would like to help out, stop on by.

Thank you!
Ed

TKO Performance
516 593 9093
www.tkoperformance.com
TKO Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:51 PM   #2
The 2010 Sin
Dont H8 Me Cuz U Aint Me

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2017 Explorer Sport
There are alot of people with this problem. Would be cool if it was able to be put down under a sub install. so they didnt have to hushmat/dynamat the whole rear end.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:25 PM   #3
formare
The Milano

Drives: 2017 Firefly ShipWorks
This car is one of the quietest I have ever owned. Includes Chrysler LHS, Sebring, Durango, Nissan Altima, Scion Xb and Xd.

Road noise is so little - i doubt that any noise reduction would even be noticed.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:34 PM   #4
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by formare View Post
This car is one of the quietest I have ever owned. Includes Chrysler LHS, Sebring, Durango, Nissan Altima, Scion Xb and Xd.

Road noise is so little - i doubt that any noise reduction would even be noticed.
When I got my 2000 camry I could barely hear the car running, and thought this is one quiet car. Now that I got the camaro, it's even more quiet, in fact so quiet that once you get up to 70mph it feels like you are doing 40mph.

You can keep the windows down on the highway without it getting too loud on your and such.

I also got the corsa catback and love it. Nice and quiet, and will give you that great exhaust note when you get on it.

If someone has a loud noisey car, I'd be curious as to know why. (Muffler delete, different tires, etc)
Old 07-21-2010, 10:49 PM   #5
My 5th

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black on Black
I get road noise and some tire slap, especially on concrete surfaces, and some exhaust drone under light load in 6th gear at 70-75 MPH. What I would like to see is your sound mats affixed to the backside of some Lloyd's mats and their trunk mat. How thick is your mat? Could it be cut to fit Lloyd's mats? Just wondering.

BTW, I volunteer to be the test fit for such a project--you provide the Lloyd's mats and I'll provide the car!

Last edited by My 5th; 07-21-2010 at 10:53 PM. Reason: changing text
My 5th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:07 PM   #6
TKO Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by My 5th View Post
I get road noise and some tire slap, especially on concrete surfaces, and some exhaust drone under light load in 6th gear at 70-75 MPH. What I would like to see is your sound mats affixed to the backside of some Lloyd's mats and their trunk mat. How thick is your mat? Could it be cut to fit Lloyd's mats? Just wondering.

BTW, I volunteer to be the test fit for such a project--you provide the Lloyd's mats and I'll provide the car!
The Blockit mats are pre cut so if you layed in down (over your carpet), it would fit perfect. If you were to purchase a lloyds mat, that would cover it perfectly.

The exhaust would not be a factor unless you purchased an eftermarket one.
The jury is still out on tire noise.
But this is awesome. Thanks for the feedback! We appreciate it

Ed
Old 07-21-2010, 11:17 PM   #7
hypnatic

Drives: Victory Redhead
the most annoying noise i get is from my rear view mirror... i have an aftermarket sound system and that makes my mirror make that "buzzing" noise, its not overwhelming but it would be nice if it wasnt there at all - ez fix is to turn the radio up LOUDER lol
hypnatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:28 PM   #8
1badtie

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
ya i have alot of exhaust drone its really annoying especially when my back seat is donw i would buy something like this
1badtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:29 PM   #9
The 2010 Sin
Dont H8 Me Cuz U Aint Me

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2017 Explorer Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnatic View Post
the most annoying noise i get is from my rear view mirror... i have an aftermarket sound system and that makes my mirror make that "buzzing" noise, its not overwhelming but it would be nice if it wasnt there at all - ez fix is to turn the radio up LOUDER lol
ME TOO! i cant stop the rattle.. I thought it was coming from the back until I grabbed it one day and Voila! GONE!
Old 07-22-2010, 03:32 AM   #10
Dinky Toy

Drives: 2LT/RS A6 CGM/IO Zaino
I think there will be plenty of interested people, however the $229 (as for the Corvette) will not get you the the sales volume you want by a long shot. For those prices people will either put up with the noise or DYI from Dynamat to Home Depot solutions (see posts on this forum and the webs).

I do have a question though, could this also be used in the front? And is it still as effective when the materials is compressed by the heel of your foot or stuff in the boot?
Dinky Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:17 PM   #11
busaboy

Drives: Black RS/SS M6
Do you have any numbers? Anything from testing?
busaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:05 AM   #12
TKO Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badtie View Post
ya i have alot of exhaust drone its really annoying especially when my back seat is donw i would buy something like this
What system do you have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinky Toy View Post
I think there will be plenty of interested people, however the $229 (as for the Corvette) will not get you the the sales volume you want by a long shot. For those prices people will either put up with the noise or DYI from Dynamat to Home Depot solutions (see posts on this forum and the webs).

I do have a question though, could this also be used in the front? And is it still as effective when the materials is compressed by the heel of your foot or stuff in the boot?
Sorry you feel the price is to high. But if you do a search on real acoustical material, not eBay crap or heat installation used as sound deadener…but real acoustical material you will find how exspensive it really is.
We take 4 materials and bond them together. The bonding itself is actually pretty involved and expensive. Then its pre cut/shaped so it drops perfectly into the vehicle (3 pieces). Remember it’s a unique multi pat pending layered system (that lays on top of your carpet & looks great) and shaves off about 17 hrs and 55min off an 18 hour job which is why we can't keep them in stock nor can our 12 other distributors. So price to product value, we feel its right on the money.

However for the Camaro it would cost less because it might have less pieces. But based on the responses we have been getting, seems like there are many advising there is minimal noise inside the car. I’m still curious about what systems or why some do complain. That’s the reason for the thread. I do appreciate these opinions and feedback.
I would not recommend placing our product the front because even if you place it under the carpet, it could raise your carpet and or your floor mats which could catch the pedals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by busaboy View Post
Do you have any numbers? Anything from testing?
No numbers for the Camaro yet. We just started to tinker with the idea so we have not done any testing. With all the mods, tires, and different exhaust systems I thought I could get a lot of feed back by throwing this out here and hearing directly from you guys to see if its even necessary.
With the C6 it dropped approx 10 dbs.

Thanks

Last edited by TKO Performance; 07-23-2010 at 04:34 PM.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:59 PM   #13
1badtie

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
i jus have the muffler delete but i would stil like it to be a little quieter in the cab
1badtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 06:02 PM   #14
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
My Camaro had wind noise coming thru the seals at the windows when driving the expressway over 50mph. This was an issue since day 1 and I did ask the dealer to look into it but a re-seal did not fix the problem. My new 2011 Mustang 5.0 is noticeably quieter but I expect after 6 months it will get a little noisier as all cars do when they age it seems.