Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-17-2012, 08:29 PM   #15
matt55

Drives: CTS-V
Boost leak check !!!!
Ebc over a mbc
Higher psi waste gate
dumps or straight through exhaust after turbo
Old 08-19-2012, 07:10 PM   #16
Steve@HPE

Drives: 2014 SS/RS
Thanks for all the input guys, good stuff.

The turbos are mounted very close to the exhaust manifolds (they sit where the catalytic converters used to be) below the car. This is the Hellion TT kit by the way.

I'll check the A/R on the exhaust housings, but I think they are 0.7 if I recall correctly. The turbo's are these (http://www.turboneticsinc.com/tseries_turbochargers), model T3/TE4.

As far as a boost leak, the only place I think it could be coming from is the BOV, which is entirely possible. Honestly I'm not sure the Tubosmart gates and BOV are the best quality and I'd prefer a set of Garrett turbos. Could someone tell me if a set of Garrett GTX3071R's or GTX3076R's would be an improvement over the ones I have?

I'm using the Turbosmart eBoost2 boost controller with a dedicated solenoid for each turbo.

Last edited by Steve@HPE; 08-19-2012 at 09:23 PM.
Steve@HPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:00 PM   #17
CyberPredator
50 Shades of Prey

Drives: TT/SS
Better in which way? Spool time? If you have no leaks currently the gtx3076 would likely be fully spooled ~3500rpm. I have 2 of the GT3582Rs and my car is fully spooled by ~3800 with eboost2 one solenoid. The X has better aerodynamics and billet wheels so they'll spool faster and of course the size will also improve spool over mine. Hope that helps in some way.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:01 PM   #18
Steve@HPE

Drives: 2014 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPredator View Post
Better in which way? Spool time? If you have no leaks currently the gtx3076 would likely be fully spooled ~3500rpm. I have 2 of the GT3582Rs and my car is fully spooled by ~3800 with eboost2 one solenoid. The X has better aerodynamics and billet wheels so they'll spool faster and of course the size will also improve spool over mine. Hope that helps in some way.
Spool time....right.
Steve@HPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:40 AM   #19
Chris-HPS

Drives: 2008Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve@HPE View Post
Thanks for all the input guys, good stuff.

The turbos are mounted very close to the exhaust manifolds (they sit where the catalytic converters used to be) below the car. This is the Hellion TT kit by the way.

I'll check the A/R on the exhaust housings, but I think they are 0.7 if I recall correctly. The turbo's are these (http://www.turboneticsinc.com/tseries_turbochargers), model T3/TE4.

As far as a boost leak, the only place I think it could be coming from is the BOV, which is entirely possible. Honestly I'm not sure the Tubosmart gates and BOV are the best quality and I'd prefer a set of Garrett turbos. Could someone tell me if a set of Garrett GTX3071R's or GTX3076R's would be an improvement over the ones I have?

I'm using the Turbosmart eBoost2 boost controller with a dedicated solenoid for each turbo.

That is not your A/R. It should read something like .96 or .53 alomg there. If you want to upgrade your turbo's go with Precision Turbo's. There new CEA wheel and ball bearing setup is badazz. We are actually converting to one on a customers car this week.

Chris
Chris-HPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:36 AM   #20
destroyerofu2
xbox360 tag

Drives: 2010 inferno orange 2SS
I have been reading about spooling faster and sooner, and I have heard about launch controllers that let you build boost in nutral and lower in the rpm range. that may help and they seem reasonablly priced. (New to turbos, so if I am wrong let me know)
It's mine, like it or not. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108079
destroyerofu2 is offline   Reply With Quote