Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 02-22-2013, 01:11 PM   #99
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobileaudio View Post
i have a 2012 LT RS and when i go to aux and hit menu button, nothing happens. Hands free works fine, I have steering wheel controls but no usb port. I do have the CC package. Am I a freak? I want to stream audio but I don't get a music menu option.
mobileaudio,

May I ask what phone you are using?

Louis (assisting Brandon)
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 04-30-2013, 01:45 AM   #100
Shakezulla

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Bluetooth issues

This may have been covered. I did a brief search and cant find this specific issue.

I have '13 2LT (non touchscreen) I can connect my smartphone just fine (Droid DNA). However, accessing the phone via hands free is a bit challenging and goes like this:

1. I press the phone icon and say "VOICE"
2. Camaro says "accessing phone"
3. My phone then activates and the hands free *(on my phone) asks me to say a command...through my phone NOT the car speakers.
4. At the same time that my phone is asking me to say a command, my car is telling me "goodbye" and hangs up both my car and my phone.

Also, if my phone has a slider lock on the car wont even make it to step 3. It will just disconnect. if I use my phone and press who I want to call it works just fine (defeats the purpose of hands free but it works)

Any help defining an issue or confirming "thats just the way it goes" would be great. Do i really have to say "voice" every time??? Seems like a step backwards from what other car companies are doing. My old car was just...Push the phone icon, say "Call ___." then the phone would call.
Shakezulla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:47 AM   #101
meilmarc

Drives: 2016 2SS, HBM, NPP, Sun Roof
Would part# 22797218, with a harness work on a 2013 LS?
meilmarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:40 PM   #102
Chevy girl 13

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Audio/Bluetooth/PDIM faq

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman71 View Post
Yeah I know...when you leave it up to engineers, that's what you get

Hi Cody

What about the 2013 Camaro? I can play Pandora through my iPhone5 /bluetooth but Pandora on the Inforlink is a waste. It does not show on the touch screen so I can dislike/like songs.
Right now it's in the shop because I had black screen. Hopefully a software update will fix it. My USB port had also been acting up the last couple of weeks as well.
Will we ever be able to update software via web instead of having to take the car in every time?
Thanks for you time, Patricia
Chevy girl 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:12 PM   #103
z28racer

Drives: 12 SIM 2SS/ RS Sinergy M6,GMC2500HD
Need help making my Galaxy S4 to work right.Phone is paired but wont work to my voice comands???? Please Help!!!
My issues are simular to this members.

1. I press the phone icon and say "VOICE"
2. Camaro says "accessing phone"
3. My phone then activates and the hands free *(on my phone) asks me to say a command...through my phone NOT the car speakers.
4. At the same time that my phone is asking me to say a command, my car is telling me "goodbye" and hangs up both my car and my phone.
z28racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:08 AM   #104
scubasteve03

Drives: 2013 Orange 2ls
I'm trying to get this cleared up. I have a 2013 LS without the USB drive in my car. There is no way for me to stream bluetooth audio withouth paying for the PDIM to be installed, is that correct? The website says it comes standard. What gives? Any help would be appreciated.
scubasteve03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:24 PM   #105
Golilcamaro
Go Lil Camaro Go

Drives: ice
why doesnt chevy have pdim programing for 2013 ls camaro
Golilcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:34 PM   #106
Zerotosixty

Drives: 2011 SS
Ok, so if I get the PDIM installed, can I not have the steering wheel controls installed too in a 1ss or will that not work?
Zerotosixty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:40 AM   #107
Giorgio

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS
i have a 2010 1LT RS without the on star package. i can stream music through my iphone just fine but can not make c or receive calls since that option doesn't come with it. i was wondering if anyone knows whether are any devices/programs we can buy and install which will can enable making and receiving calls.
Giorgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 05:11 AM   #108
Tomash

Drives: (black 2SS Camaro), Suzuki SX4
So here's the "funny" part: I have a european 2013 Camaro (finally received the keys two days ago, YAY!), it has the post-lifting radio (without nav): no CD slot, but usb and aux ports in the under-elbow box.
I can pair my phone with the radio to call (and recevice calls) via bluetooth and use the radio as one huge hands-free set.
But it seems there's no way for the car to be paired via bluetooth for music streaming.

Do you know what's required to get that working? Just a radio software update, or do I need a PDIM replacement?
Old 01-23-2014, 10:33 AM   #109
cradiaz

Drives: 2013 LS
My understanding is no PDIM upgrade for 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve03 View Post
I'm trying to get this cleared up. I have a 2013 LS without the USB drive in my car. There is no way for me to stream bluetooth audio withouth paying for the PDIM to be installed, is that correct? The website says it comes standard. What gives? Any help would be appreciated.
I researched this prior to spending money, what I was told by the dealer and also a Chevrolet rep on this website:
"I am sorry to hear of the frustrations. The best course of action is to work with the dealership's advice as they are certified technicians and will be able to offer the best solution for you at this time. I do apologize for any further frustration. This particular option is only available in the 1LT, 2LT, 1SS, 2SS, and ZL1 trim levels. We do document concerns and feedback such as this for further review. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know!"

It didn't make any sense to me, but the unofficial answer is that Chevrolet wants to push "myLync" so they changed the radio head for the 2013 model. I didn't spent the money to test and see if this was all true.

My temporary solution has been to purchase a Bluetooth receiver that plugs into a USB charger I have in the cigarette plug in the arm rest. Works great, except that I have to control the music via the phone, not steering wheel controls.
"VicTsing Portable USB Bluetooth Audio Music Streaming Receiver Adapter with 3.5 mm Stereo Output Black"

Last edited by cradiaz; 01-23-2014 at 11:08 AM.
cradiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:44 AM   #110
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomlink View Post
Has this issue ever been resolved in newer hardware or software levels? My PDIM is CC/CE.
TOMLINK, YES it has.....as was a long time ago, there was a TSB issued in 2009 right after the cars came out.

seeing as how you have a CC/CE if your car was still under warrantee, it would been replaced......however, if it not, you are on your own. but its an easy fix. Its PLUG-N-PLAY, just replace the PDIM. Here is the TSB and it has the latest/greatest HW/SW version p/n on the top.

PI0055B with GM PN#.pdf
Old 01-24-2014, 02:32 PM   #111
tomlink

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Send a message via Skype™ to tomlink
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
its an easy fix.
Thanks for the reply but 2 things now:
- My warranty was up 1/1
- This is not much of a problem to me, so I can live with it.

Usually I set the files on USB to random anyway.
tomlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:08 PM   #112
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomlink View Post
Thanks for the reply but 2 things now:
- My warranty was up 1/1
- This is not much of a problem to me, so I can live with it.

Usually I set the files on USB to random anyway.
well I typically use a flash drive for day to day running around. but what first started as my problem, as my car NEVER kept its memory for the USB settings. every time I turned my car off, when I got back in I would have to turn the "random" or shuffle back on.....and wait till it re-initialized. to me, that was such a PITA. Then I found the PDIM thread looking for a solution.....

The cost of the PDIM isn't all that much.....and its an easy install, as its in the console. in fact there is a thread on how to access it.

you can even get one on AMAZON, and its only $85

http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-227972.../dp/B0055B0QUS