Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-01-2011, 09:54 AM   #1
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, CGM w/ Silver Stripes.
WTF stabilitrac

So I'm on my way to work. I have the cruise set at 53. Flat level road. A little moist but not wet. Anyway, the cruise flicks off, there's a tick like the power went out, three bells and the six flashed "service stabilitrac" then it went away. This all happened in like a second and was gone. No other problems this morning. Weird.

Momma didn't bronze my shoes, but when I turned 16 I inherited a lead foot.
Devryn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:02 AM   #2
anthonyj9h
"First There"

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss
my guess is computer turned off cruise control so that it could keep you from spinning out....sounds like it worked as advertised

it is written......
anthonyj9h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:10 AM   #3
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Spin out on what? It was in sixth gear at 53 mph on a level straight road.

Old 08-01-2011, 10:15 AM   #4
anthonyj9h
"First There"

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss
said the road was moist right?....even thats enough to get the oil to the surface and make it slippery

it is written......
anthonyj9h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:24 AM   #5
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

It rained the night before. No standing water. It's was in 6th gear and what...1200 RPM or something low? Somehow I doubt it had enough power to break loose.

Old 08-01-2011, 02:14 PM   #6
Nomad

Drives: '11 2SS/RS RJT M6
Owner's manual page 8-34
"When the system activates, the StabiliTrak/Traction Control System (TCS) warning light flashes on the instrument panel cluster. You may also hear a noise or feel vibration in the brake pedal. This is normal. Continue to steer the vehicle in the intended direction.

If there is a problem detected with StabiliTrak, a Service StabiliTrak message displays on the DIC and the StabiliTrak/TCS warning light on
the instrument panel cluster comes on. When this message and warning
light displays, the system is not operational. Driving should be adjusted accordingly."

Sounds like your stabilitrac kicked in then the system found a momentary error that went away. I don't know if the one of the control modules logs stabilitrac errors but I would take it to the dealership to find out.
Vararam CAI, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Separate Clutch Fluid Reservoir, Ghost Armor Full Protection Package, Chromed Turn Signal Bulbs, RPI Stealth Splash Guards, Skip Shift Eliminator, Defenderworx Chrome Bowtie Inserts, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Camaro Decal Store CGM Hood Spears with "376ci" custom text, Billet Depot/Drake Underhood Polished Caps, CGM Lug Nut Decals, Pedders Front Radius Rod Inserts, JacFab Front License Plate Bracket
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:00 PM   #7
Cam 427

Drives: 2010 2SS
I had the stabilitrac warning come on for no reason and then go off a few times. Just cruising at a steady speed. An engine "miss fire" detection, an errant "G switch", computer, and who knows what else can cause this.
Cam 427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:32 AM   #8
L99

Drives: B On B L99-Gone/SS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam 427 View Post
I had the stabilitrac warning come on for no reason and then go off a few times. Just cruising at a steady speed. An engine "miss fire" detection, an errant "G switch", computer, and who knows what else can cause this.
I had similar problem. Weird things going on and finely it just quit.
Turned out to be a bad BCM (body control module)
L99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 11:59 PM   #9
Parag

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS LS3
While tuning the only thing the car does is beep three times and display stabilitrac in dash when computer restarts. Not that your computer shut off. It could not. Just thpught it was interesting.
Parag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:24 AM   #10
Awesome_SS
Jeff

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Not sure if this will help, but just keep it mind to have it checked out next time at the dealer. I have been fighting the "Service Stabilitrak" light for about 11K miles or so. Just now starting to get to the bottom of it. One trip to the dealer, they discoverd that the wiring harness was partially unplugged, but the light came back on afterwards. Today, they discovered that the steering wheel angle sensor is bad. Hopefully, this will take care of the light. I have had it serviced numerous other times, but no real reason to the cause. A low voltage reading appeared one time doing the diagnostics, but the light continued to come on. So, I will coninue to take it to the dealer in hopes of finally eliminating all the possible causes. It just makes me wonder how many other things are partially unplugged or bad on the car.

Awesome_SS is offline   Reply With Quote