Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 12-15-2017, 08:16 AM   #1
ScarTissue48

Drives: 2010 SS
Radio display out

Hey guys, having an issue with my radio I'm hoping to get some help with. It still puts out sound and can be adjusted with the steering wheel controls, but the display and all the buttons are out, as well as the hvac controls. Also noticed the plug in and USB port in the center consol don't have power.

Have checked the 10a display fuse in the box under the dash, and it is fine. Swapped it out just to be sure and no change in the situation. I would dive in on pulling the display out and checking its connection, but if the display was the culprit, wouldn't the stuff in the center console still work? Or does the power for that come out of the display somehow? Any ideas?

This is the typical radio for the 2010, no mylink or anything.

Mods: OBX Long Tubes, Halltech CAI, Innovate LC-2 Wideband, HPTuners tune (working on it anyway), MGW Short-throw

Last edited by ScarTissue48; 12-15-2017 at 08:29 AM.
ScarTissue48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 07:08 PM   #2
ScarTissue48

So I found someone close with a spare faceplate to plug in, and it did not light up/get any power either. Fuses are fine and the faceplate is fine. Whats the deal? Bad bcm? Was very close to replacing my pcm because of a short I couldn't find under the hood, but it randomly went away and the car has been running fine. The faceplate is not getting power for some reason.

Mods: OBX Long Tubes, Halltech CAI, Innovate LC-2 Wideband, HPTuners tune (working on it anyway), MGW Short-throw
Old 01-21-2018, 10:12 PM   #3
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
mine was the Radio, it was told to me that some models had bad soldier joints. I replace it and everything works
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 11:30 PM   #4
ScarTissue48

Was your issue the same as what I described there?

Old 01-22-2018, 01:18 AM   #5
swampcritter

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS / 13 zl1
I had the same problem with my 14 LS. No display at all. Ended up buying another factory radio on here and problem solved.
swampcritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 09:20 AM   #6
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Try adding power to the screen/AC wires and see if that works, sounds like a wire may have gone bad.

Its pin 10 that is the power.
Attached Images

2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 01:35 PM   #7
jeffa

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS Ashen Gray Metallic
There is also a fuse block in the rear hatch, on the passenger side, behind the carpet. Not that easy to get to. There is a radio fuse in this block that may be blown.
jeffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 06:48 PM   #8
malibupaul

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LS
Any update on this thread? My 2013 LS has a standard radio and climate control display. It started to go crazy: switched from Sirius to FM, switched back and forth a few times, display went blank then would come back with the standard display of time/date/ temp, then would display climate control, the radio would go on even after I shut it off, the display went back to default time and date (1/1/2010), and every minute or so would go blank, then display climate control, the time/date/temp, radio on and off. The blinker sound would stop working periodically also. I had to drive home continually turning off the radio and turning the volume down to stop the popping and cracking in the speakers. Does anyone know what’s going on before I have to call the dealer? Although reading the info in the thread, I’ll look at the radio fuse first and try to reset.
malibupaul is offline   Reply With Quote