Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-03-2011, 02:42 PM   #1
JAB
C_H_E_V_Y

Drives: Velocity Yellow C6 Z06
Getting My Stripes Redone.... Again,

This is the 3rd and hopefully last time i will be re Doing the stripes, As of now there pace car style Flat black stripes on a Gloss Black car but i decided that I didnt like the no color contrast so now im going to a Gloss Tomato/Blood red color but im torn between going Full Body Pace Car style with pin stripes or the traditional Rally Stripes.... Any Input ?
BTW im also getting the Supersport Script painted Red to replace the Camaro Side Emblems and My Brake Calipers are being Painted red as well. And a Havoc Body Kit is in the works soon as well,
Also as of now the car has no chevy Emblems but theres a small scratch were the rear emblem used to be, But its covered By vinyl so if i go with the rally stripes i would need to put the bowtie back on

Heritage Grill
Flat Black Full Body Stripes
Flat Black Tail Light Bezels
Flat Black Camaro Emblems
Flat Black / Red SS Emblems
Flat Black Side Markers
Chevy Bowtie Delete
Led Grill Lighting
Interior Led Lighting
Near Future ( 1'' Drop Springs, GFX and *headers,Xpipe and 3in catback with an CAI is on it way* Getting ready for the PROCHARGER
)
JAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:48 PM   #2
Hawgredcamaro

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 2LT Camaro
I'm about to do mine and I'm going with the extended bumble bee stripes because you can see them a little more form the front and back with the lip going over the spoiler a bit. Just what I like. I was going with the full stripes till my wife told me it looked too much like a Mustang and I just couldn't have that!! LOL

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Chr...14880961919019
Hawgredcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:53 PM   #3
JAB
C_H_E_V_Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawgredcamaro View Post
I'm about to do mine and I'm going with the extended bumble bee stripes because you can see them a little more form the front and back with the lip going over the spoiler a bit. Just what I like. I was going with the full stripes till my wife told me it looked too much like a Mustang and I just couldn't have that!! LOL
Yea im so torn between the two, Dose anyone have any pictures of a black with red stripe combo i only see black and IO or red with black..

Heritage Grill
Flat Black Side Markers
Chevy Bowtie Delete
Led Grill Lighting
Interior Led Lighting
Near Future ( 1'' Drop Springs, GFX and *headers,Xpipe and 3in catback with an CAI is on it way* Getting ready for the PROCHARGER
)
Old 02-03-2011, 04:12 PM   #4
Bruce_Lee

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS, RS, Automatic.
Hi,
I am sure glad you decided to do this. I've seen some other members that have this so called "ghost stripes ", which is fine. I just think it's a waste....just my humble opinion. There, I got that off my chest.

I am also planning on going with the black 'bumblebee' or 'convertible' stripes.

Good luck.

BL.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:15 PM   #5
wrbear
Banned

Drives: 2010, 2SS, IOM/CGM Stripes, 4/24/10
I have been looking for a good stripe shop. I'm in the uptown area. Who does your stripes and can you post pics of the end results? Thanks!
wrbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:03 PM   #6
JAB
C_H_E_V_Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrbear View Post
I have been looking for a good stripe shop. I'm in the uptown area. Who does your stripes and can you post pics of the end results? Thanks!
Texas signs by design. There in the stafford area and they do a great job everything is cut there and they have machines so they can do anything custom that you want. Im thinking about having them do red spears along with the red stripes that have SS 6.2L cut into them. Il post my end results now i just haft to decide on my stripe pattern

Heritage Grill
Flat Black Side Markers
Chevy Bowtie Delete
Led Grill Lighting
Interior Led Lighting
)
Old 02-03-2011, 05:08 PM   #7
JAB
C_H_E_V_Y

Heritage Grill
Flat Black Side Markers
Chevy Bowtie Delete
Led Grill Lighting
Interior Led Lighting
)
Old 02-03-2011, 06:27 PM   #8
orange-prince
QATAR 2022

Drives: black cts-V coupe a6
if i were you ill go with hugger orange bumblebee style
orange-prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:30 PM   #9
wrbear
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB View Post
Texas signs by design. There in the stafford area and they do a great job everything is cut there and they have machines so they can do anything custom that you want. Im thinking about having them do red spears along with the red stripes that have SS 6.2L cut into them. Il post my end results now i just haft to decide on my stripe pattern
My bad! I was looking for a shop to paint some stripes on mine.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:53 PM   #10
JAB
C_H_E_V_Y

Quote:
My bad! I was looking for a shop to paint some stripes on mine.
oh well in that case these guys are the way to go, http://www.autobodypainthouston.com/ i was gona go with them if i was to paint but i just dont see the point in painting unless its a show car gloss vinyl looks painted and you can always take them off lol,,, But yea those guys are the best in town by far a little on the expensive side but there great.

Heritage Grill
Flat Black Side Markers
Chevy Bowtie Delete
Led Grill Lighting
Interior Led Lighting
)
Old 02-03-2011, 07:09 PM   #11
JAB
C_H_E_V_Y

Quick PS Hoping to get this effect but with ForgeStar Black Wheels

Heritage Grill
Flat Black Side Markers
Chevy Bowtie Delete
Led Grill Lighting
Interior Led Lighting
)
Old 02-03-2011, 07:16 PM   #12
wrbear
Banned

Quote:
oh well in that case these guys are the way to go, http://www.autobodypainthouston.com/ i was gona go with them if i was to paint but i just dont see the point in painting unless its a show car gloss vinyl looks painted and you can always take them off lol,,, But yea those guys are the best in town by far a little on the expensive side but there great.
Thanks for the lead.....the car looks great! So can they do ghost flames on top of factory stripes? I'm toying around with the idea I might add a second thin layer of material to get the visual I want.....
Old 02-03-2011, 08:16 PM   #13
JAB
C_H_E_V_Y

Quote:
Thanks for the lead.....the car looks great! So can they do ghost flames on top of factory stripes? I'm toying around with the idea I might add a second thin layer of material to get the visual I want.....
They can do just about anything, they have an amazing air brush artist there to

Heritage Grill
Flat Black Side Markers
Chevy Bowtie Delete
Led Grill Lighting
Interior Led Lighting
)
Old 02-04-2011, 08:26 AM   #14
Hawgredcamaro

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 2LT Camaro
Quote:
Being that this is your 3rd attempt, I think not painting is the right thing for you to do....just saying....lol.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Chr...14880961919019
Hawgredcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote