Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 06:31 PM   #43
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rock1962 View Post
If you are serious you should not be allowed to drive a motorized vehicle on a public road. Take the car to the track.
Can't remember the last time I was serious. Really brought out the passion and emotions from a lot of folks. I like knowing that the majority is law biding and safety conscientious. We (don't know anyone who hasn't) have all lost loved ones in auto accidents and some were directly due to speeding. So all kidding aside and a very rare moment of seriousness on my part, I drive very responsibly and rarely ever speed. If I do speed it's at a speed not even worth mentioning. Example; speed limit 65 and I'm doing 66. I just enjoy a passionate conversation. Thanks, and sorry if I brought back hurtful memories. Someone will read this thread and hopefully learn the seriousness of ones actions.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:31 PM   #44
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
If anyone drives that way with a passenger in the car, the passenger should be wearing a "I'm with Stupid" T-Shirt.

It's a good idea to review your states speeding and street racing laws. That way you know what you risk by doing it.
http://www.nhtsa.gov/staticfiles/nti/pdf/811457.pdf

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 02-20-2013 at 07:01 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:44 PM   #45
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
You can be certain that you won't kill someone else speeding if you don't speed.

I'm done here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
You mean don't drive, auto accidents kill at any/every speed.

no what he means is don't drive stupid.

speed doesn't kill, but reckless, irresponsible, the world revolves around me morons do, every second of every day.

it's a real simple train of thought..

want to go fast --> go to a track, be it drag, autocross, or off-road.

go some place where it is regulated, controlled, and legal.

that doesn't mean something can't and won't happen, but what it does mean is that the chances of some innocent person, family, child, will not be injured because of your recklessness.

Those at the track are there because they want to be, and they (hopefully) know the risks, and know it is possible to get hurt.

Random people driving on a public roads and highways just trying to get to work, or to the market, or get home shouldn't have to bare the consequences of your reckless actions.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:59 PM   #46
Lou_Dorchen

Drives: Jeep
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
And that 2010 Mustang GT that had only 300 HP, it has 325 fl/lbs of torque! (@4250 RPM)
The 2010 Mustangs had 315hp. The 2005-2009 Mustangs had 300hp.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:20 PM   #47
CyberPunk223
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 LS Camaro
you can still kill without speeding, anyone who cares about speed limits is a weenie, it's about driving safely and that has nothing to do wih speed limits, that's just some BS the government invented so they can create the illusion they care about their cattle and use as an excuse to run your life. Infact speed limits make roads less safe because people are distracted by the signs and their speedometers, not to mention looking out for the governemnt beurocrats. Europe has done studies on that and proved that speed limits make drving less safe.

what makes the v6 camaro special? Looks great, runs on 87, decent mileage, great value for the price, good solid car that doesnt bounce all over the road like one of those GoCarts from Nissan or Hyndai. Yes it's heavy, that's what I like bout it, it's solid and feels like a tank but is comfortably fast, you dont have to push it to the limit to merge onto the interstate. I'm sick of the people whinning bout the camaro being too heavy, if you make if light weight like a nissan then it aint a camaro anymore now is it?

Last edited by CyberPunk223; 02-20-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:25 PM   #48
trademaster

Drives: 12 MP4-12C, 16 Quattroporte
lol at the direction this thread is going. Who has got the highest horse?
Old 02-20-2013, 09:01 PM   #49
Normagene

I drive way to slow, must be that old fart condition. That's why I stay in the ssslloowww lane.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:03 PM   #50
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by trademaster View Post
lol at the direction this thread is going. Who has got the highest horse?
Maserati, very very nice. Style and elegance, must be that fine Italian craftsmanship! Come with a V-6. LOL
Old 02-20-2013, 09:12 PM   #51
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPunk223 View Post
you can still kill without speeding, anyone who cares about speed limits is a weenie, it's about driving safely and that has nothing to do wih speed limits, that's just some BS the government invented so they can create the illusion they care about their cattle and use as an excuse to run your life. Infact speed limits make roads less safe because people are distracted by the signs and their speedometers, not to mention looking out for the governemnt beurocrats. Europe has done studies on that and proved that speed limits make drving less safe.

what makes the v6 camaro special? Looks great, runs on 87, decent mileage, great value for the price, good solid car that doesnt bounce all over the road like one of those GoCarts from Nissan or Hyndai. Yes it's heavy, that's what I like bout it, it's solid and feels like a tank but is comfortably fast, you dont have to push it to the limit to merge onto the interstate. I'm sick of the people whinning bout the camaro being too heavy, if you make if light weight like a nissan then it aint a camaro anymore now is it?
Drove in Italy for three years. Only allowed in the left lane to pass and no trucks in the fast lane allowed - - - ever. Holy crap when one of those European Supercars would fly by - - wow! No speed limits in many open stretches.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:13 PM   #52
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
I do understand the history, money, money, money, that's the only factor. And yes, I think it does "water down" the American Muscle Car, greatly. They don't do this out of the kindness of their hearts, money, money, money, that's what makes the corporate world go round. Seriously, lets look at the Supercars of the world, really a Lamborghini or a Ferrari with an affordable model so "everyone" can participate and fit it into their budget. That would be the DEATH of the Supercar. The Viper is the only American car I can think of that said; screw that b.s., we're building a Supercar, and no "watered down" versions of it either. Just wish they had done that w/the Camaro. Create this monstrous beast, it has the look, that has only one purpose, to be the baddest, ferocious machine on the market. Next someone will say, maybe the government should subsidize the Lamborghini and the Ferrari so everyone can have one. Give me a break. So to answer # 2. Above, the reason they have always had 6s, money, money, money! Money first, greatest car second, or third, forth,......and so on.
now i remember why i need to buy foreign.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:19 PM   #53
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPunk223 View Post

it's not speed in of itself that kills, it is differences in speed and recklessness.

if everyone on the road is doing 65 and one malcontent is doing 90+ it greatly increases the chance that a mistake is going to be made and a collision is going to occur.

if the people in this country would learn what a passing lane is and maintain their speed in all other lanes and stay out of the passing lane unless they are actually passing, things could be a lot safer.

as for speed limits:

The basic speed law was all that was in effect thru about 1965 (i.e. your speed should not exceed the safety of current road conditions), some areas started posting limits as a way to control traffic flow as more and more people were using highways and they were not designed for the amount of vehicles traveling on them. Maximum speed limits were created in 1973 as a direct response to the "oil shortage" prior to that few interstate and open highways had posted maximum limits.

Limits were put into place and fines attached to them and soon it was discovered what a great cash cow this process was, so the limits became permanent, and a new stream of revenue was established for our local and state governments.

and signs and speedometer do not distract drivers most don't look at them or pay attention to either.

bottom line, yes you are correct, speeding in of itself doesn't kill, but as I said differences in speed do.

Take Normagenes comments about "i only do it when the road is empty" @ 160 mph she is covering 234 feet per second, if someone on this empty road pulls onto the road and swoops across a couple lanes into her path of travel, will she be able to react fast enough to avoid a collision?

her speed in of itself isn't the problem, the fact that someone else merged in doing 1/3 or less of her speed is.. While a collison can still occur if she was doing 65mph, her reaction time to someone cutting into her path of travel in theory would be 2/3s faster.. and if they are merging in at the same speed she is traveling, then she should not even catch up to them, but end up matching their speed at a distance apart from them.

the same applies for someone doing 65mph and some idiot merging in doing 45mph, the differences in speed have now created a possible collision situation, though most of us can reacte fast enough to change lanes or brake, @ 160mph, chances are you won't be able to brake fast enough, and changing lanes could create a loss of control situation..

----

and I am not innocent of it, in my youth I did it too, young and dumb.. but your out look on things changes with age and with directly related tragedy.

Last edited by Mr. iNCREDIBLE; 02-20-2013 at 09:33 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:33 PM   #54
Normagene

Fiction and nonfiction. Comments are sometimes made solely to engage passionate conversations. I never assume the comments to be factual or accurate. Great passion and emotions in some of the comments made earlier. Very engaging indeed!
Old 02-20-2013, 09:35 PM   #55
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
To me it's just a good all around daily driver that look killer.
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:56 PM   #56
Normagene

The Camaro is the best looking car on the American market no matter the engine choice. Watched a V-6 doing wicked burnouts. Seriously smoking the tires and swinging its back side like a hot hot chick in a skimpy skimpy bikini!

Closed Thread