Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 05-26-2012, 07:56 PM   #141
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
Post this on Facebook and the all world will know about it in 30 seconds or less , this car and dealer will never be able to hide .
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:03 PM   #142
Awill
Married

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS
this PISSES me off. someone would have the nerve to take a vehicle thats NOT theirs and ruin it. Then the dealer wants to sell it at full price?!
Awill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:10 PM   #143
USMC Anti Venom

Drives: Soon to be ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awill View Post
this PISSES me off. someone would have the nerve to take a vehicle thats NOT theirs and ruin it. Then the dealer wants to sell it at full price?!
Full price and a premium.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:20 PM   #144
TonyC

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
id buy it in a min if the price was right...at full price though i wouldnt touch that thing...
Afe intake,Ported heads,ported manifold &TB,Big Cam, Arh longtubes w/3",25% underdrive,aluminum flywheel,zr1 clutch, tranzilla 6060, gforce 9" strac 430s...worst tune in the world...dc power 300amp alt, audison/kenwwod/cdt system.pfadt/eibach/hotchkis/bmr susp...vented/drilled rotors, hawk pads,s/s lines
work in progress : Full electric power steering & Airride
TonyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:31 PM   #145
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Moral to the story: Don't attempt to live vicariously now because you have the financial means to purchase a car that will relive a fantasy of your youth that you did not participate in or you have vague memories of. Don't be this guy as seen in the OP's photo. Even if you have been there, done it and bought the T shirt in the past... take careful consideration about how you operate the car, and take your time getting used to it. You wouldn't want to get bit on the derriere and have a bad day.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:48 PM   #146
Awill
Married

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
Moral to the story: Don't attempt to live vicariously now because you have the financial means to purchase a car that will relive a fantasy of your youth that you did not participate in or you have vague memories of. Don't be this guy as seen in the OP's photo. Even if you have been there, done it and bought the T shirt in the past... take careful consideration about how you operate the car, and take your time getting used to it. You wouldn't want to get bit on the derriere and have a bad day.
The buyer doesn't want the car because he never go to drive it and it looks like this. the delivery guys unloaded the car and apparently took it for a spin....from what i read. that's some bull
Awill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:03 PM   #147
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awill View Post
The buyer doesn't want the car because he never go to drive it and it looks like this. the delivery guys unloaded the car and apparently took it for a spin....from what i read. that's some bull
...that may be true, will we know for sure? Maybe not. My thoughts irregardless of the factual background information surrounding this particular situation are soley intended to give light to a potential risk that's inherent with the operation of this car. Just a fair warning, nothing more or less....
Old 05-26-2012, 11:57 PM   #148
ryan's camaro
Taeng

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Comfort View Post
Geez! Why is everyone so worked up about this?
Everyone on this forum is passionate about their Camaros.
Old 05-27-2012, 12:01 AM   #149
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...that may be true, will we know for sure? Maybe not. My thoughts irregardless of the factual background information surrounding this particular situation are soley intended to give light to a potential risk that's inherent with the operation of this car. Just a fair warning, nothing more or less....
Its true. Car hadn't even been through the PDI inspection. The stickers were still on the chevy emblem on the steering wheel, thats how NEW the car was.

In any case, C5 has been warned and not its up to those who are willing to take a chance. Me personally, I was going to take the chance thats why I posted this thread, deleted it then re-posted it with newer pics after learning the dealer was still going to charge a premium. Mind you this is the SAME dealer that currently has a 2SS/RS with a Supercharger that is installed by the dealer for $63k(currently in the showroom).
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:29 AM   #150
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
If you only knew what some dealers and/or performance shops do to customers' car in the name of "Street tuning & testing" who beat the shit out of it on the road and drag strip tracks, you would put a camp next to the shop to watch your car. I have been the victim of both dealer and performance shop's abuse of my car.

That's why you always make them write down the millage of the car when you drop off the car and check it when picking up.
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:02 AM   #151
ss/rs-matt

Drives: 2015 ZL1
ill take it. 10k as is

ss/rs-matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:26 AM   #152
LeviG

Drives: '95 Acura Integra GSR
The people responsible should be beaten with the broken parts!

LeviG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 03:16 AM   #153
Hellfighter

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1
Report this to carfax, and GM
Old 05-27-2012, 06:28 AM   #154
flyby

Drives: 2010 Silver SS
I just sent them an offer to buy. I'll let you know their response or lack there of.
flyby is offline   Reply With Quote