Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 11-12-2010, 11:47 AM   #309
OldSchoolCamaro
Living the American Dream

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/2SS Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickey Chicago View Post
Just wanted to remind everyone about the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals next weekend.

See;

Mr. Norm's RPO Series Camaros
Berger Camaros
Lingenfelter
Nickey

As well as 500 other Super Cool cars.

Stop by and say hello.
Thanks for stopping by! Darn it, I will be missing that.

Hunting season is here. Where are my priorities?

C5 Indiana Camaro Club

Central Indiana Camaro Club

OldSchoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:08 PM   #310
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickey Chicago View Post
Just wanted to remind everyone about the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals next weekend.

See;

Mr. Norm's RPO Series Camaros
Berger Camaros
Lingenfelter
Nickey

As well as 500 other Super Cool cars.

Stop by and say hello.

Hold up.... What? Where?
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:41 PM   #311
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:45 PM   #312
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
Hold up.... What? Where?
It's a show in Chicago. Nov. 20-21st. At the Convention Center.

LINK
Old 11-12-2010, 07:24 PM   #313
DirtTrackFan
LB#18057

Drives: 15 Chevy CC LTZ Z71,10 CamaroSS/RS
Send a message via Yahoo to DirtTrackFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by wer2foxs View Post
To all my Indiana C5 friends. I made a big decision to pursue my next dream in life that requires me to give up my Camaro which was today. I will continue to hang around the site and possibly come to an event or two however my occupation does not allow that most of the time. Yeah, today was was sad however I look forward to the future that includes retirement in the next few years. All of you I have met I consider my friends and hope to not lose touch with you. It was a fun year with my Camaro but I must move on. Cheers!
Sorry to hear that Marvin. Wish you nothing but the best though with pursuing your dream. Any time you want to take a ride you just let me know. I still got your cell #.

LB
Old 11-12-2010, 08:39 PM   #314
wer2foxs

Drives: 2010 VR SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtTrackFan View Post
Sorry to hear that Marvin. Wish you nothing but the best though with pursuing your dream. Any time you want to take a ride you just let me know. I still got your cell #.

LB
Might have to take you up on that DTF! Never did get to ride in a SS. I was afraid I would trade it in on one! Hope you and Sherill had a fun race season.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:01 PM   #315
dragom
2G1FB1EV3A9121989

Drives: Rally Yellow RS Coupe
sorry to hear you got rid of the camaro marvin but respect you for having the strength to do it.
dragom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 06:57 PM   #316
wer2foxs

Drives: 2010 VR SS
Appreciate that Danny. Hope yours is doing well!
Old 11-15-2010, 12:03 PM   #317
CAMAR0
Loose is Fast!

Drives: Mikes Hard Lemons
I know it is a ways off but would anyone else be interested in making a push to get the 3rd c5 fest here in Indy for 2012. We'd need it later like early may though I'd think before 500 picks up. Since the super bowl is here that year I deem it Super C5 Fest!

If not here I vote michigan with GM letting us play on the proving grounds!

Between IMS and ORP we have all you'd need for gearhead fun. We could cruise around the track with the swarm of 5th gens.. IRL ridealongs, get awsome photos, tour riley and scott.. Builder of the no 6 camaro, go to chip ganassi racing plus all of the top fuel and funny car shops in brownsburg. If setup properly this could be the mecca of c5!
CAMAR0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:40 PM   #318
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMAR0 View Post
I know it is a ways off but would anyone else be interested in making a push to get the 3rd c5 fest here in Indy for 2012. We'd need it later like early may though I'd think before 500 picks up. Since the super bowl is here that year I deem it Super C5 Fest!

Between IMS and ORP we have all you'd need for gearhead fun. We could cruise around the track with the swarm of 5th gens.. IRL ridealongs, get awsome photos, tour riley and scott.. Builder of the no 6 camaro, go to chip ganassi racing plus all of the top fuel and funny car shops in brownsburg. If setup properly this could be the mecca of c5!
Only problem I have with the idea is that we would have to set up Two locations for the show. Essentially splitting the fest. I understand that it is only 6 miles apart, but still. If 2011's Fest is absolutely massive, then I think we can afford a plan like that, but I truly think that if we split the fest. One track will get all of the attention, and the other will get only a few guests.

Maybe spend a couple full days for fest at ORP, and then a sunday maybe for IMS if there is enough interest well before hand?

Trust me fellas. I would love to drive around the oval a couple times, but I have to be honest with myself. Splitting the fest doesn't sound like a good idea. But I'm open to suggestions, and the rest of the Mods are always open for suggestions. So keep them coming.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:40 PM   #319
Bluestreak 2010

Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMAR0 View Post

Sounds like you have really thought this out. I would be all for going to the Fest if only it were closer. It also seems like hosting it somewhere in the central US would allow more people to attend in general since no one would have to travel all the way across the country to attend, but perhaps I'm just not as much of a hard core Camaro enthusiast as I should be. I just wish I could tell you how to go about getting this movement the large support it would necessarily need.
Bluestreak 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:02 PM   #320
CAMAR0
Loose is Fast!

I wonder if we could do the first day at IMS as a meet n greet, pics, etc on a friday. Then vendors, drag, show sat sun at ORP?

In the meantime i found a neat piece of info about IMS and Good Guys next year!!!!

1st Wix Filters Speedway Nationals
September 16, 17 & 18 – Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Indianapolis, IN
Brand new event featuring rods, customs, classics and muscle cars through 1972 vintage. Car Show, vendor exhibits, swap meet, live entertainment, AutoCross, track cruise, Hot Rod of the Year award & more! Info (925) 838-9876
www.good-guys.com

Hells yeah, autocross at IMS woot!!!!
Old 11-15-2010, 01:21 PM   #321
OldSchoolCamaro
Living the American Dream

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/2SS Rally Yellow
I already spoke with Tribone & Mindz at SEMA dinner in Vegas last week about having Indy host C5Fest 3. They are very interested as are the local folks from CICC. I am working on the details and need to get a proposal in front of Chris (Gtahvit). This is something I have had in my back pocket all year and have been guaging interest in for a while. I had considered C5Fest 2, but agreed the west needed to have it at least once.

I agree with Camaro_Corvete - The plan would be for a majority of activities to happen at ORP. If IMS will allow, we can have some small events there (trip around the track, museum visits, etc), but will be minimal as that will cost big bucks and will take some major planning.

C5 Indiana Camaro Club

Central Indiana Camaro Club

OldSchoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:39 PM   #322
CAMAR0
Loose is Fast!

Do it! Lets see how many C5 we can pack onto the speedway. Last year the local mini cooper group had a gathering there. It seemed like there were hundreds of those little boogers on georgetown.