Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 12-02-2012, 02:46 PM   #1
William.23

Drives: 2011 Summit White.
Red face Sound Systems Help

So I went to a local dealer here and they priced me with 1300$ for the metra kit Double din was a decent looking DD, 2 amps 1000w 2ch autotek, 12" Single Box, 1 subswoofer CVR 12" kicker 800w, EU style antenna, hi/low converter, Installed.

So I was wondering If i can get your guys' opinion on this, or you can give me better insight on a better package and whatnot. Thank you guys (;!

REMINDER: Stock Sound System in a 2011 LS.
William.23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:49 PM   #2
William.23

Could an admin, maybe stieger move it for me :3?
Old 12-02-2012, 09:19 PM   #3
Superfly1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT #2197
Doesn't sound unreasonable to me for all they are doing...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

CAI intake | OBX LT Headers | Flowmaster AT Exhaust | Trifecta Tune | SS Rear Diff, Axles & Driveshaft
Zex 100 Shot Nitrous | Konig Airstrike Wheels | Custom Engine Cover, Fuse Box & Underhood Bowtie
Eibach Springs & SS Sway Bars
| BMR Strut Brace | Drake Shifter | Vitesse Paddles | 13.26 @ 105.88 mph
Superfly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:35 PM   #4
Supermaro585HP
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS
That sounds cheap... I have 2 ARC 12" subs 2 ARC Amps and ARC speakers with the Scosh (spelling) kit and a Pioneer AVH-p8400BH head unit. I'm running 1400 watts between the 2 amps. This was my sons idea. LOL Almost to loud for me but he says I finally got the system right. I started out getting the MTX sub box through Chevy but that just wasn't enough for me or my son. $5500.00 later and I think we got it. LOL I will have my son put some pics on here soon because I don't know how the hell to do it. They actually painted yellow stripes on my amps for me.
Supermaro585HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:33 PM   #5
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Depends on what you're going for really. Do you want sound quality or do you want loud? What's your budget? How deep are you looking to get into it? Answer that and we can help you get started in the right direction.

If you're not in a terrible hurry, it might be worth waiting a little bit on the metra kit since I hear a new better kit is coming out. If anything, prices might go down on the metra if this new one is as good as everyone says.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:34 PM   #6
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Depends on what you're going for really. Do you want sound quality or do you want loud? What's your budget? How deep are you looking to get into it? Answer that and we can help you get started in the right direction.

If you're not in a terrible hurry, it might be worth waiting a little bit on the metra kit since I hear a new better kit is coming out. If anything, prices might go down on the metra if this new one is as good as everyone says.
A new kit? Who's making it?
Old 12-02-2012, 11:48 PM   #7
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
He was one section off...probably a mistake. No worries and no harm. Took all of 2 seconds. Moved!

For the price they quoted, sounds like you are getting a steal. Then again, I haven't heard of autotek and the other stuff is probably going to be cheapy stuff. Who knows...maybe it'll last....maybe not. I prefer to stick with better name brand items like JL. But if you are good with it, go for it!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:58 PM   #8
lscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysen View Post
A new kit? Who's making it?
I believe it's kenwood

Old 12-03-2012, 12:01 AM   #9
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
I believe it's kenwood
Sweet! Hopefully they can get it right. Haven't seen one I liked yet other than the one that was custom made. I've always liked Kenwood products.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:02 AM   #10
lscamaro

I hadn't considered swapping my head unit either because I don't like any of the kits. If kenwood can get it right, I might consider it.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:04 AM   #11
lscamaro

Btw, to answer the op's question. I've never heard of autotek either so I would do a little digging around to see what you can find out.

Just remember sometimes you can get some real neat things on craigslist if you just know what to look for. Or even ebay. Just do a little bit of research and look into reviews.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:36 AM   #12
William.23

Quote:

Budget atm would be around 1300-1500$ Looking for overall sound quality, and some nice bass (; hopefully something that will last me a long while. The stock oem 6 speaker system just doesn't do it for me it's loud but it's missing something, like a little bit of bass and overall how loud it sounds.

A new metra kit when was this announced, or release dates etc ?
Made by whom.
Thanks.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:43 AM   #13
William.23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermaro585HP View Post
That sounds cheap... I have 2 ARC 12" subs 2 ARC Amps and ARC speakers with the Scosh (spelling) kit and a Pioneer AVH-p8400BH head unit. I'm running 1400 watts between the 2 amps. This was my sons idea. LOL Almost to loud for me but he says I finally got the system right. I started out getting the MTX sub box through Chevy but that just wasn't enough for me or my son. $5500.00 later and I think we got it. LOL I will have my son put some pics on here soon because I don't know how the hell to do it. They actually painted yellow stripes on my amps for me.
Jesus 5,500 o.o must sound and look killer, should def get some pics up. That's pretty sick I would get white painted stripes on mine (;. So ARC is a good way to go ay?
Old 12-03-2012, 07:47 AM   #14
William.23

I'll have to go back to check what Double Din it was but I think I saw Kenwood on it not entirely sure but i'll get back to you guys and let you know. Also all the wiring is included in this bundle.