Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-13-2015, 10:41 AM   #57
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Why did you buy your Camaro?

Good question!

Uncle had a sup'ed up 80's Camaro which was just gorgeous! That started it, it was on!

My first car right after I joined the service was a 1995 Camaro Z28. Loved it, but I underestimated the power one day while trying to race a mustang, and totaled it on the 710 Freeway in L.A... one of the most heartbreaking moments in my life.

My next car was a 1999 Camaro Z28 six-speed. I drove that car to the ground... didn't modify it too much (just a catback), but eventually lost that one as well when an uninsured kid made a left turn right in front of me... and that was the end of that (totaled as well)... another hard moment...

So, I've been a Camaro guy all my life. When I first saw the concepts back in the early 00's, I knew that one day I'd have a 5th Gen... its just one of those things you feel when Destiny chimes in, lol...

I saw an ad, shot to the dealer back in 2011, and got my dream car. Now I am in mod mode and I guess just following the dream I had back when I had my other Camaro's...

I just bleed Camaro, lol... that's why I bought one.
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 10:41 AM   #58
oslouie

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Redline
Work hard, play hard. That's all it is. I work my ass off doing over 60 hours a week. I deserve something nice. When I got that promotion, my reward to myself was the Camaro. Im 34 so yeah...I would consider it a small part of a midlife crisis lol!
oslouie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 11:07 AM   #59
NC_Nole

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS A6
I don't think my purchase was as much a mid-life crisis as it was just going back to being the old me. I had an 87 IROC and loved that car. Well along came marriage and relocation for work and the IROC was sold. My daughter was born and we opted for practical over fun. Wanted a new Camaro when they came back in 2010, but wife and child made it unrealistic. Fast forward a few years and the wife decides someone else will make her happier. Ensuing divorce and new found financial freedom made a Camaro practical. Best part is my daughter loves the car and we both enjoy it.
NC_Nole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 11:15 AM   #60
cypressh
Canadian

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Mine was a spur of the moment decision, Dad just wrote off his Scion XB and needed a ride to the dealership to finish up the paperwork on his 2011 IOM convertible and me being the kid in the city ( have 1 younger brother) was chosen as the one to take him to the dealership after dropping off the rental. On the drive to the dealership he started to explain to me this white 2ss/rs that had some goodies in it that he took for a test drive and was explaining how he said nah its not a car for an old guy like himself and that it would make a great toy for kid like myself. So as we pull up to the dealership there's this all white Camaro sitting right infront of the doors leading into the dealership not running but had plasti-dipped black wheels black spoiler and smoked front turn signals and I thought to myself well that's one nice car wonder if this is the one dads talking about, well after getting his paperwork done he grabs his salesman and says hey go fire up that white one that I took for a rip. After waiting what felt like forever the salesman grabs the keys and says hey lets go take this thing for fuel and go for a quick drive. Upon firing up the car every salesman and customer come running up to the windows of the dealership and just staring at this beautiful car, that's when I knew I had to have this car. and the rest is history as it is. 16 hours later I was driving off the lot in my 11 2SS/RS cammed Camaro at the tender age of 25.
cypressh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 11:26 AM   #61
Vertwheal

Drives: 2015 AGM 1SS/RS/1LE NPP
Cause I drove a piece of crap for 10 years. I hate spending money and went back and forth whether or not I should or shouldn't for a long time. Finally pulled the trigger and am super glad I did, even after the payments started.
CAI intake, ADM scoop, Rotofab washer relocation, Bo White stage II ported TB, Stainless Power 1 7/8 LT, RPI Splash Guards, Black Gorilla Locking Lug Nuts, Tuned by Rick @ Synergy Motorsports - 414/403 on a Mustang dyno
Vertwheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 11:28 AM   #62
Pace
Lifestyle = Deathstyle

Drives: 11 SIM 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pace
At age 33: Wanted a Camaro from the moment they came out. I knew I had to replace my Pontiac weekend car...was getting old and breaking down little by little. (2k GTP Pace Car Replica) and rarely got a chance to drive it.

I waited for year two production and purchased in Nov 2010. Actually got an early 2011. I was hoping that my wife (at the time) wouldve wanted to stop partying and settle down a bit...the car would be used for road trips and exploring Eastern LI and Upstate NY. Just spending time together and not in the clubs.

The winter was really bad and I only drove the car a handful of times. Ended up going through a long divorce over money, house and cars...no kids thank goodness. The car was held hostage at the marital house from May 2011-May 2012. I was okay as it was garaged and I had both sets of keys, lol.

That weekend (Memorial Day weekend May 2012) I got the car back, my new girlfriend (and now wife) we went Upstate and put about 750 miles on the car, lol. She kept commenting how much fun she was having...except for the flat spotted tires. Made for a rough ride for the first 200 miles.

From May 2012 through December 2014, my new wife and I have enjoyed the car so much...15k in road trips. She is always planning road trips, checking the weather and enjoys the car just as much as I do. Although she wont drive it, lol. I want to hear the exhaust. Now we are expecting our first child (daughter) and both of us cant wait for the first doable road trip family style (mostly likely in June).
Old 01-13-2015, 11:29 AM   #63
CAMAROdrivin'BALLplaya

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Black
When I first watched the first Transformers movie, at the scene where Bumblebee turned into the concept Camaro (at the time) I turned to my brother and said that's going to be my next car. If anything it was just wishful thinking because I was in college at the time and no real consistent income that can afford such a ride. I was driving a 97 Ford Ranger single cab 5 speed 4 banger that I had since high school. (it was a stick so it made it fast lol). But then in 2010 I was drafted by the Baltimore Orioles. And as a reward to myself I bought a 2011 RS Camaro 6 spd in white with orange stripes. I was hooked. But then I quickly was bitten by a fierce power bug. And I became infected. My brothers modded G8 GT was always swarming with power bugs and I got too close. I then had an opportunity to trade it in for a 2013 fully loaded black SS with a hurst short throw. So I did. And now the bugs have doubled in size and I keep getting bitten. So now I have a set of long tube headers in my family room ready to get installed in the spring. I love my car
Old 01-13-2015, 12:21 PM   #64
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
Man, these stories are so great! It's like we are all a part of a brotherhood. Everyone has their own personal reasons for being here. Keep them coming! This is the best place on the net.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:46 PM   #65
Cam_Cam

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJScorpio View Post
When I got mine...I was 33, single, and was driving a 2010 Hyundai Elantra. It was a "family car", but being single it felt like I ended up with a boring car too soon and unnecessarily. My favorite of my prior cars was my 1979 Trans Am. Having rented a 2014 Camaro for a wedding out of state, I realized how much enjoyment and satisfaction I could get out of the "cheapest" Camaro...which I could afford.
This was me as well. I had a Grand Prix, Grand Cherokee, Saturn Aura, then a Nissan Maxima. I thought to myself... wtf am I doing with all these sedans, I'm 30, not 50. A few days after Nissan told me "there's nothing we can do to get you out of your lease early", I was driving off the Chevy lot in a 14 1SS.

Sidenote, Nissan Finance is awful. Their entire staff should be fired immediately.
Cam_Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 01:35 PM   #66
RallyellowRS

Drives: 2012 2LT RS
I'm probably in the minority here, Camaro's were not my favorite car! My favorites were Corvettes and Firebirds. My love affair started when I saw the Transformer movie. I saw the new Bumble Bee and I thought it was the sexiest car I ever saw and I had to get one! I bought my Camaro January 2012 I was 42. Now I love Camaros.
RallyellowRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 02:41 PM   #67
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
I wanted a motorcycle, but was battling with the dangers of riding in a big city. I had a Z28 when I was in high school, that for obvious reasons I could not afford to mod like I wanted to.

I have always loved muscle cars, and the late 60's Camaros are my favorite. When the 5th Gen came out I thought they did a beautiful job of designing it with retro looks, but modern features. Long story short, I decided to trade my truck and buy the Camaro and mod it instead of buy a motorcycle and keep my truck.
Old 01-13-2015, 02:45 PM   #68
dcarlos55

Drives: 2017 HBM A10 ZL1
I wouldn't call my Camaro a mid-life crisis. More like a return to my roots. I had multiple muscle cars in my teens and early 20's because they were cheap used cars and easy to find.

I sold a really sweet '67 SS Camaro with a transplanted 427 in 1978 just before my daughter was born and became a responsible type with family being my first priority. I spent the next 30+ years raising kids, paying for college tuition, paying the mortgage, saving money for retirement and all those other responsible things.

Then I retired. Now it's payback time for all that responsibility. I bought my 2011 2SS in February of 2011. I didn't even consider the 6 banger or the automatic. The first mods were done within weeks of buying the car.

Now days I can be found at the track, at a car show or cruise in enjoying the Camaro life with like minded people.

Bottom line: I wanted a Camaro so I bought one. I've spent way more money on mods than I like to admit and I'm having a blast with my car. I certainly don't see this as a crisis.
Old 01-13-2015, 07:31 PM   #69
Mongo RS

Drives: 2010 2LT M6 RS
I always wanted one.

Now I have one.

I rule!

That and it was a helluva lot cheaper than a truck. I got a $750 F150 for hauling duty.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:18 PM   #70
Irace16

Drives: 2010 1SS RS M6
I'm 36 and I raced late model stock cars for 15 years. Sold the racer and had our daughter. Camaro was an easier sell to the wife than buying a new race car . Plus two of my crew guys bought cars too! Yellow challenger, and black gt500 . Now we go get ice cream...
Irace16 is offline   Reply With Quote