Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 10:57 AM   #43
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Yellow Camaro for me.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:39 AM   #44
VenomZ302
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue RS/SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
You got a red chally against a CGM camaro. i would think that color has a lot to do with it.
Exactly my first thought.

I still think that CGM looks just "grey" to me. Nothing exciting...

3/13/09 - Ordered Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS/RS M6!
7/13/09 - Built!
8/11/09 - Delivered!

2G1FT1EW2A9124579
Old 09-12-2009, 11:44 AM   #45
Rockytophummer

Drives: 2006 Hummer H2 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickerda View Post
Never said it was fair, it was totally unscientific, that’s kind of the point.

As for dealer inventory, when the 2008 Challenger were being delivered they didn’t spend much time on the show room floor either. 2010 is the year of the Camaro, it’s even outselling the Mustang. I sincerely hope that Chevy can keep the enthusiasm and excitement up.
I was just trying to make sure the $100 bet was more fair! LOL. Like I said I'm not trying to dog V6 Camaro owners or Challenger owners. I just started reading the thread and you was talking about how your Challenger gets more stares and then at the show everyone was checking out the SRT-8 regardless all ofthe cars are bad Azz!!!!! I just remember when I think Motor Trend or Car and Driver compared the SS Camaro, Mustang GT and Challenger SRT and the Camaro SS won the contest and the next month the magazine come out stating the Challenger people were all complaining about it not being a fair fight. So I was looking at your nonscientific test and felt the same way. If GM had not come out with Camaro I would have probably been a Challenger owner myself.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:39 PM   #46
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSARME View Post
Slap on some black rims to the black camaro and see how many heads you're turning. It's so rare to see black on black that everyone and their mother turns.
Black cars on black rims is very very common
Old 09-12-2009, 12:43 PM   #47
mrcowboy

Drives: SS Camaro RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
Black cars on black rims is very very common
Agree....less common would be white/white rims

I don't think I can pull it off and might just go white/black
Old 09-12-2009, 12:50 PM   #48
BAD BRAD

Drives: 1969 CAMARO 2010 CAMARO
Quote:
lol challengers are so ugly. Big piece of junk if you ask me. I was riding behind a black on black challenger (just like my camaro) and everyone was staring at my camaro, not the little girly car infront of me :P
SORRY U DONT LIKE CHALLENGER BUT PLEASE DONT TALK TRASH ABOUT CAR U KNOW NOTHIN ABOUT. I OWN BOTH 2008 STR8 CHALLENGER AND 2010 SSRS RJT. CHALLENGER STILL GETS MORE ATTENTION THAN MY CAMARO LOVE BOTH CARS NO NEED TO BASH MOPAR BECAUSE U DONT LIKE IT.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:00 PM   #49
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
Its the color for sure. Also you are in an LS. I have had my 2LT/RS/Auto CGM for about 3 weeks now and everytime I'm on the road all 960 miles driven I have got atleast one person in a Mustang, or Chally that has rolled down there windows waving or even following me until I come to a stop to talk about. Last night this lady did circles around me on the interstate in her '02 GT Mustang and finaly(scared the crap out of me) finaly she rolled down her window and was excited as heck to see it. You need new rimes and upgrade it a little. My CGM I personaly think out does any Chally in my neighborhood in the popularity contest.

NJHKKM $29,965.00 1EH37 1100 03/28/2009 AFF, B34, DCP, FE9, GBV, LLT, MX0, SGC, UQA, WRS, 2LT

50 YEARS FROM NOW, DON'T YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU HAD THE GUTS TO GET INTO THE CAR!?!?

ORDER STATUS : 6000 as of 08.18.2009. VIN# 33,985!!! His name is 'GOLIATH'!!!

GOT MY CAR!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!
Old 09-12-2009, 01:05 PM   #50
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckbo View Post
My LT was parked next to a Challenger SRT at a local cruise night and the Camaro easily attracted more attention and positive comments.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:10 PM   #51
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
of course the camaro is going to look better on this forum..and on the Chally Forum the Chally will look better
Old 09-12-2009, 01:15 PM   #52
jayson71

Drives: 2010 Victory Red Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by az2009se View Post
First let me say I LOVE my CGM LS Camaro 6M. I've had it just 2 1/2 weeks and I actually look forward to going to work now if just for the 10 mile drive. I love the power, the look, everything. Not a single regret. But...

I bought an Torred SE Challenger 10 months ago and from the start it always received more attention. People catch up to me on the freeway and circle around it all the time just to have look. Not that people haven't given me the thumbs up when I drive the Camaro, just not the same I park both cars far away from other cars in parking lots. The Camaro has yet to attract a crowd, while I've had cplenty of people walk out of their way to get a closer look at the Challenger. I think the lack of head turning has something to with the color. CGM with the black LS steel wheels looks super stealthy which I really like. My wife calls it the Bat Mobile.

In the end I'm happy my Camaro doesn't attract too much attention. If it were flashy I am sure I would have received a speeding ticket this morning on my way to work. I was going just a little too fast (as I tend to do more often now) just before sunrise when I passed a Highway patrol officer pointing his radar gun at everyone except me. If had been in my bright red Challenger at that speed I'm sure I would have been that cops primary target.

It's all good in the end, my 16 y.o. son gets to drive the (slow) flashy car and I get to fly under the radar in my own Stealth fighter.
I think everyone thinks it is a Camaro. I envy you for having both of these sweet cars
Old 09-12-2009, 01:20 PM   #53
OuSoonersGirl
I need a V-1 BAD!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
IMO the Challengers are NOT NOT ugly. I love the back and side view. The front not so much but its still a nice looking ride.

The Camaro is HOT all around. I love how it looks from every angle.

I have been in my cousin's challenger and bless her heart its S-L-O-W!
Old 09-12-2009, 01:23 PM   #54
Rocky918

Drives: SS for Super Sexy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
of course the camaro is going to look better on this forum..and on the Chally Forum the Chally will look better
even the people iknow who have challys think the camaro has way better styling ... anyone who thinks teh chally looks better is either blind or stupid... no offence.. its still a good looking car, but not like the camaro
Old 09-12-2009, 01:53 PM   #55
Rockytophummer

Drives: 2006 Hummer H2 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayson71 View Post
I think everyone thinks it is a Camaro. I envy you for having both of these sweet cars
My thoughts exactly! I'm not hating on Chally at all! I think it's sweetest thing Dodge has made in long time! I loved the Viper when it 1st come out but they need to change it up some. Same thoughts with GM and the Vette. Time for a little change. Wish G.M. Would take a little of stingray concept in T.F.2 and put it on the roads. That's one reason I love the Camaro's and the Challengers so much because there something new and hot! Both Cars are sick! I also like the fact that both cars are still rare for now. I hope Dodge and G.M. Don't pull a Ford Mustang and absolutly flood the market to were every time you turn around you see a mustang. Sorry Mustang owners Im not big fan. Seems like there are more crappy mustangs on the road than there are of nice ones. These are also my opinions and like they say opinions are like A--holes everybodys got one!!
Old 09-12-2009, 02:04 PM   #56
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
They won't be able to pull a mustang. GM isn't doing all that well. They're turning around but they gotta do something about production. Open another plant or something to pump out these beasts. But oh well, until then i'll just cruise around being one of the only camaros in the area. la la la.
MUCH easier said than done. Oshawa is a flex plant, meaning that they can rapidly switch between building models on different platforms. For many other GM assembly facilities, they are dedicated to building vehicles on one platform only. Starting Camaro production at another plant would require months of retooling. For example, the Lordstown Assembly plant is currently retooling to switch from Delta-I Cobalt production to Delta-II Cruze/Astra production. The Cruze is not set to begin production until April of next year. Luckily, when the Lordstown retooling is complete, it will be a flex plant along with Oshawa, giving GM more facilities to build a wider range of cars.

Closed Thread

Tags
1ls, cgm, challenger