Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-06-2010, 08:42 AM   #1
RB43TD
Me Likey My Camaro

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 1LT/RS Camaro
3.5mm Auxillary Jack

I did a search on this and didn't quite get the answers I needed so please don't flame me.

I have a 1LT and yesterday I hooked my Ipod up to the auxillary jack for the first time. I had to turn the volume completely up on the Ipod and then almost completely up on the car volume just to hear the music. I saw a couple posts from people saying they had to do the same but they dated back almost a year ago. Does anyone know if this is just how it is or are there better cords out there that make the sound louder? I guess I'm just wondering what the point of having an auxillary function is if you can barely hear the music.

Thanks!
Old 06-06-2010, 10:40 AM   #2
BigBOSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS, 6M, IBM
Why not use the USB?
BigBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:50 AM   #3
Hupperware

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Metallic 1LT
Send a message via AIM to Hupperware Send a message via MSN to Hupperware Send a message via Yahoo to Hupperware Send a message via Skype™ to Hupperware
The 3.5mm jack has the ability to have the source audio adjusted from the device, if said device has a 3.5mm jack that you are plugging the other end into. In this case, your iPod's headphone jack. Long story short, turn up the volume on the iPod.
Hupperware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 08:21 PM   #4
RB43TD
Me Likey My Camaro

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 1LT/RS Camaro
I have a 1LT without the Connectivity package so there is no usb port.

Hupperware - as I said in my post, the Ipod volume already was turned all the way up and the car volume was turned almost all the way up.

But all is good. I switched to a newer Ipod that my wife had and it works great so no worries. I think it was the older Ipod that was the issue, not the jack in the car.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:53 PM   #5
Hupperware

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Metallic 1LT
Send a message via AIM to Hupperware Send a message via MSN to Hupperware Send a message via Yahoo to Hupperware Send a message via Skype™ to Hupperware
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB43TD View Post
I have a 1LT without the Connectivity package so there is no usb port.

Hupperware - as I said in my post, the Ipod volume already was turned all the way up and the car volume was turned almost all the way up.

But all is good. I switched to a newer Ipod that my wife had and it works great so no worries. I think it was the older Ipod that was the issue, not the jack in the car.
doh!
Hupperware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:54 AM   #6
Railcar
Blazer

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Some iPods have a secondary audio setting that restricts the audio output to a maximum level, like a parental control setting so the kids can't crank up the volume and damage their ear drums. Go into the iPod settings and poke around to find this audio setting.

http://www.apple.com/sound/faq.html
Railcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:06 PM   #7
BANZAIKEV
Cap'n of the Black Pearl

Drives: Black 1LT/RS/M6 W/Black interior
I know this is a stupid question but where is the auxillary jack connection in the car? I dont have the connectivity package either. Is it that hole where the usb port should be?

Camaro5-DFW member
BANZAIKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 02:05 PM   #8
MillerTime
Blowin the doors off!

Drives: A 2013 SS RS 6M SR
It's in the arm rest against the back wall..

2G1FS1EWXD9163847

MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 05:53 PM   #9
BANZAIKEV
Cap'n of the Black Pearl

Drives: Black 1LT/RS/M6 W/Black interior
thanks Miller Time

Camaro5-DFW member
BANZAIKEV is offline   Reply With Quote