Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 11-29-2010, 09:44 PM   #1
thetournykid

Drives: 03 mustang, Upgrading!!
Would there be a noticeable diffrence between these graphix decals

Hello everyone, and i trueley do appriacte the time some people take to answer some of these post people have, great community

Anyway, I'm going to be buying a 2SS in a couple more months, and i'm extremley excited, I've changed my mind personally sooo many times on the color, you wouldnt believe..

Anyway I was talking too someone from chevy.com and asked them, if when you order there stripe package for like the hood/trunk, is that a decal, or painted, and they said they were decals, I didnt know that untill now, but anyway heres my question:

Say i get the stripe package from the dealership, and then want to add a couple more stripes such as, Gills on the side, and maybe somthing across the door, I would buy these from somewhere like Ridergraphix.com, however would they be diffrent looking? or in, any way look cheesy?

I'm also wanting to get the door handle painted or decaled, how could i go about getting this done?

Would the dealership add any of these options btw?

Also are there any other good sites for decals for the camaro, I know i want the stirpes on the hood/trunk, and the gill's and then somthing across the door most likeley. Also want the door handle painted, Could the dealership possibly do all this? Do you know any other places online that sell graphix?

Leme know guys, appricate the responses

BTW. The 3 colors i'm debating atm. and it's constantly changing for the lead each day, right now it's:

IOM, With alot of blacked out stripes on it, and obv the IOM interior
White, with alot of blacked out stripes on that as well, and IOM interior
Black, with white or orange stripes, and IOM interior

Anyway, if some people can at least tell me if i buy some other decal graphix from a site, and then the stripes package form the dealership, will it be noticalbly diffrent?

Thanks!!!
thetournykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:12 PM   #2
hardestysa
Creator/Bad Vibe & ZBLUES

Drives: 2013 ZL1
get it done right

I am having my stripes extended on the front (because they should go farther down the hood like my 73 Camaro did) and I am having the stripes extended over the spoiler.. I was at the dealer and all they can do is sell the kits (which cant be customized) so I went to a shop that does custom graphics for cars and will be having them do it for me. Its always best to get them customized for you as something off the shelf... or at least thats what I believe.
hardestysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:38 PM   #3
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
The aftermarket stuff is just as good as the OEM decals... and there are a lot more options to choose from. I ordered mine from Auto Trim Design I like their gill accents because they are the type that fade to black instead of just the solid color. Get what you like and don't look back...
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:08 PM   #4
DeanForDWin
Restoring a 1981 Camaro

Drives: 1981 Camaro (Restoration Project)
When you make a decision, please post them pics after. Should look great.

Quote:
Hello everyone, and i trueley do appriacte the time some people take to answer some of these post people have, great community

Anyway, I'm going to be buying a 2SS in a couple more months, and i'm extremley excited, I've changed my mind personally sooo many times on the color, you wouldnt believe..

Anyway I was talking too someone from chevy.com and asked them, if when you order there stripe package for like the hood/trunk, is that a decal, or painted, and they said they were decals, I didnt know that untill now, but anyway heres my question:

Say i get the stripe package from the dealership, and then want to add a couple more stripes such as, Gills on the side, and maybe somthing across the Door, I would buy these from somewhere like Ridergraphix.com, however would they be diffrent looking? or in, any way look cheesy?

I'm also wanting to get the door handle painted or decaled, how could i go about getting this done?

Would the dealership add any of these options btw?

Also are there any other good sites for decals for the camaro, I know i want the stirpes on the hood/trunk, and the gill's and then somthing across the door most likeley. Also want the door handle painted, Could the dealership possibly do all this? Do you know any other places online that sell graphix?

Leme know guys, appricate the responses

BTW. The 3 colors i'm debating atm. and it's constantly changing for the lead each day, right now it's:

IOM, With alot of blacked out stripes on it, and obv the IOM interior
White, with alot of blacked out stripes on that as well, and IOM interior
Black, with white or orange stripes, and IOM interior

Anyway, if some people can at least tell me if i buy some other decal graphix from a site, and then the stripes package form the dealership, will it be noticalbly diffrent?

Thanks!!!

Last edited by DeanForDWin; 12-01-2010 at 05:43 PM.
DeanForDWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:07 PM   #5
Papa T

Drives: 2011 2LT RJT, 6A, 19" polished
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardestysa View Post
I am having my stripes extended on the front (because they should go farther down the hood like my 73 Camaro did) and I am having the stripes extended over the spoiler.. I was at the dealer and all they can do is sell the kits (which cant be customized) so I went to a shop that does custom graphics for cars and will be having them do it for me. Its always best to get them customized for you as something off the shelf... or at least thats what I believe.
WOW!!
Those wheels are very striking!!!
I like them.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:25 PM   #6
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Extended wide stripes are the only way to go IMO. I had mine custom made and installed with the gills and sunvisors for $450. The guy did a fantastic job.

Just make sure they know how to handle the mail slot if you have and SS and I would also recommend that the wrap the stripe and pin stipes over the edge. That makes them look painted on.
Attached Images

-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote