Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 09-19-2012, 04:52 PM   #15
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajmalian View Post
@ Ted from Jannetty Racing...brother..I'm pretty sure you won't remember me but you've given me advice before too and offered to help over the net and I love you for that and really appreciate the offer too bro...however, the problem is here in Dubai - UAE there so many power upgrading restrictions by law...they make life very hard when it comes to these things. My supercharger and cam are being installed by the local chevy dealership because only they are authorized by the local authorities to make such modifications because apparently they are fit to carry out such jobs and will do them up to "safety standards". I'm being forced to pay $4000 over the market rate on the supercharger alone because I am doing the mods at the dealership just so that at the end of the whole ordeal, I'll have a letter from the dealer stating that my car has "safely" been modified and so from there on I should have no problems with the authorities. Otherwise the garage thats doing the tuning for me can carry out the same job for literally almost $10,000 cheaper (the whole job that is). The only reason I gotta do the two in two different workshops is because the dealer will install everything but they have clearly told m that they can't tune bcuz they dont have a programmer. Which I find a mornic excuse because here you're doing the mods and issuing letters of safety standards but I could take the car to the tuner and do whatever I want...perhaps keep boost 13-14psi which I reckon isn't too healthy for the engine...but the dealers here care only about the money.

But again, thanks for the offer..so...going back to all what all you guys said about injectors and belts...I don't know if the injectors will be changed or not...and about the SC belt...not sure abt how that works either...which is why I will ask again, is it ok to push the car onto a to a flatbed tow truck in neutral with the engine off or would that too hurt the car??
Wow that Sucks Good Luck

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:04 PM   #16
stevieturbo

Drives: it changes
That's crazy. I'd be scared letting a main dealer do any work like that !! hell, I wouldnt trust most of them to do an oil change nevermind fit a camshaft and supercharger !!!

But as for the last comment, yes you will be fine to push the car onto a trailer, and it could well be your best option.
stevieturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:11 PM   #17
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajmalian View Post
@ Ted from Jannetty Racing...brother..I'm pretty sure you won't remember me but you've given me advice before too and offered to help over the net and I love you for that and really appreciate the offer too bro...however, the problem is here in Dubai - UAE there so many power upgrading restrictions by law...they make life very hard when it comes to these things. My supercharger and cam are being installed by the local chevy dealership because only they are authorized by the local authorities to make such modifications because apparently they are fit to carry out such jobs and will do them up to "safety standards". I'm being forced to pay $4000 over the market rate on the supercharger alone because I am doing the mods at the dealership just so that at the end of the whole ordeal, I'll have a letter from the dealer stating that my car has "safely" been modified and so from there on I should have no problems with the authorities. Otherwise the garage thats doing the tuning for me can carry out the same job for literally almost $10,000 cheaper (the whole job that is). The only reason I gotta do the two in two different workshops is because the dealer will install everything but they have clearly told m that they can't tune bcuz they dont have a programmer. Which I find a mornic excuse because here you're doing the mods and issuing letters of safety standards but I could take the car to the tuner and do whatever I want...perhaps keep boost 13-14psi which I reckon isn't too healthy for the engine...but the dealers here care only about the money.

But again, thanks for the offer..so...going back to all what all you guys said about injectors and belts...I don't know if the injectors will be changed or not...and about the SC belt...not sure abt how that works either...which is why I will ask again, is it ok to push the car onto a to a flatbed tow truck in neutral with the engine off or would that too hurt the car??

in that case why don't you get a tuner from Ted, the after the car is done sit in the parking lot with laptop and tuner and allow him to do the tune via email, and you load it.

at least then you will be safe to drive it, even if you do end up at another shop for the final tune..

just saying, if you are over $10K out of pocket now, whats a couple hundred to get a tune and handheld from Ted..
Mr. iNCREDIBLE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
no tune, stage 3 cam, supercharger