Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-17-2013, 01:39 PM   #15
Daliab

Drives: 2013 black on black Camaro 2SS
rough idle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombgolf View Post
My Auto 2SS seems to have a very rough idle. This happens in park and in drive at a stop. Has anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions?
Took my less than a month old Manual 2SS to the dealership for rough idle and first oil change. They checked it for codes and said that it was normal. They even when to another manual 2SS in the inventory to see if it felt the same. The car really shakes when idling at a stop light. Other than that, she runs fine.
Daliab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:55 PM   #16
schoen311

Drives: 2011 2SS RS Synergy Green
I have a 2011 SS auto with 25,000 miles on it and it idles rough all the time. While going down the road, I can't feel it and I don't have a surge, but it definitely doesn't go away and does it at a stop light or any idle. I took it to the dealership and they dug around for 2 days and finally found a 'bulletin' that says that a rough idle is 'normal.'

I am really having a tough time believing that - my '68 doesn't idle this rough and it has a decent cam in it! I am OCD about how it runs too, doesn't seem right that this would be considered 'normal' by the dealership. I told them I wanted it noted so if I have a problem in the future, it's documented that I brought it in.

I have done NOTHING to my car - 100% stock and today I started it at work and the idle seemed rougher than ever. :(

This can't REALLY be normal can it!?
schoen311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:42 AM   #17
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by schoen311 View Post
I have a 2011 SS auto with 25,000 miles on it and it idles rough all the time. While going down the road, I can't feel it and I don't have a surge, but it definitely doesn't go away and does it at a stop light or any idle. I took it to the dealership and they dug around for 2 days and finally found a 'bulletin' that says that a rough idle is 'normal.'

I am really having a tough time believing that - my '68 doesn't idle this rough and it has a decent cam in it! I am OCD about how it runs too, doesn't seem right that this would be considered 'normal' by the dealership. I told them I wanted it noted so if I have a problem in the future, it's documented that I brought it in.

I have done NOTHING to my car - 100% stock and today I started it at work and the idle seemed rougher than ever. :(

This can't REALLY be normal can it!?
Hello schoen311,

Sorry you seem to be having some rough idling issues. I can help document your issue as well. Could you private message me your VIN, accurate mileage, full name, address and contact number?

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-14-2013, 04:06 PM   #18
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
When I had an upper induction cleaning done before my catch can install the idle smoothed out quite a bit.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #19
HarryNW
HarryNW

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS Black (LS3)
There is a very well documented issue with the MAF - search for "weak MAF" and you will find many posts on it. Here is one that also has links to how the issue was initially discovered and easily remedied:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195581

Basically, pull the negative battery connection, pull the MAF (careful not to touch the sensor areas) and see what code is on the MAF. See the above link for details.

I had the exact same issues described in this thread and they were immediately corrected with a "Strong" MAF replacement
HarryNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:33 AM   #20
beebumble
Be humble or buzz off

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 RY
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryNW View Post
There is a very well documented issue with the MAF - search for "weak MAF" and you will find many posts on it. Here is one that also has links to how the issue was initially discovered and easily remedied:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195581

Basically, pull the negative battery connection, pull the MAF (careful not to touch the sensor areas) and see what code is on the MAF. See the above link for details.

I had the exact same issues described in this thread and they were immediately corrected with a "Strong" MAF replacement
I've noticed a rough idle also just recently on M6 and it has a strong MAF... Now I wondering if I touched it while checking the part code... I was thinking I may have gotten some bad gas on the last fill up. Looks like I need to clean the MAF and watch this.

What is used to properly clean the MAF??
beebumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:42 AM   #21
csjcsj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by beebumble View Post
I've noticed a rough idle also just recently on M6 and it has a strong MAF... Now I wondering if I touched it while checking the part code... I was thinking I may have gotten some bad gas on the last fill up. Looks like I need to clean the MAF and watch this.

What is used to properly clean the MAF??
Mass air flow cleaner! Safe on electronics!
Old 09-18-2013, 09:24 AM   #22
beebumble
Be humble or buzz off

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 RY
Quote:
Originally Posted by csjcsj View Post
Mass air flow cleaner! Safe on electronics!

Thanks!
beebumble is offline   Reply With Quote