Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 06-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #1
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
PRESALE: Adam's New 2-Step Polishing System & Pads!

THE MUCH ANTICIPATED NEW 2-STEP PAINT CORRECTION SYSTEM
AND MICROFIBER POLISHING PADS ARE AVAILABLE FOR PREORDER!!

Place your order today with the code FINALLY and we'll take 15% off any of the new products.*

All orders including Paint Correcting Polish, Paint Finishing Polish, or Microfiber Pads will begin shipping Monday 6/10. Individual products are available to order now and kits will be added and revised in the coming days.

Adam's Paint Correcting Polish:
Adam's Paint Correcting Polish uses the latest in micro-abrasives to remove moderate to heavy swirl marks and light scratches safely and effectively. Safe for clear coat and single stage paint, this is the first in our two stage paint correcting process and is compatible with both foam and microfiber cutting pads. Tested and approved for use on dual action, random orbital, or rotary polishers.

Adam's Paint Finishing Polish:
Adam's Paint Finishing Polish is an ultra fine, premium grade micro-abrasive designed to bring out gloss and produce a mirror finish while removing light swirl marks and imperfections in all paint types. Developed for use with foam or microfiber polishing pads and compatible with dual action, random orbital, and rotary polishers. Adam's Paint Finishing Polish is the second step in our two stage paint correction process that will yield stunning results with minimal effort.

Adam's Orange Microfiber Cutting Pad:
The Adam's Orange Microfiber Cutting Pad is the latest in our line of polishing and paint correction pads, designed to help you achieve more with your dual action, random orbit, or even rotary tool than ever before. Using premium grade cutting microfiber and a high density foam backing these pads will cut thru moderate to heavy swirl marks with ease when paired with our Adam's Paint Correcting Polish.

The Adam's Orange Microfiber Cutting Pad and Paint Correcting Polish are the first stop on your journey to flawless paint. Like all the previous generations of Adam's pads these are color coded to the polish they are designed to work with. We've taken the guess work out of polishing and designed a system thats easy for even the complete novice to pick up and understand.

Adam's White Microfiber Finishing Pad:
The Adam's White Microfiber Finishing Pad is the second step in our Microfiber polishing system, designed to help you achieve more with your dual action, random orbit, or even rotary tool than ever before. Using ultra fine finishing microfiber and a high density foam backing these pads will remove light imperfections as well as the haze left behind by more aggressive polishing when paired with our Adam's Paint Finishing Polish.

The Adam's White Microfiber Finishing Pad and Paint Finishing Polish are perfect for restoring nearly flawless paint or paint that features only light imperfections. Like all the previous generations of Adam's pads these are color coded to the polish they are designed to work with. We've taken the guess work out of polishing and designed a system that's easy for even the complete novice to pick up and understand.

NEW! Adam's Paint Correcting & Paint Finishing Polish Combo
NEW! Adam's Microfiber Polishing Pad System

*Discounts apply only to new polishes and polishing pads. Excludes kits and bundles with machines or other products. Other individual items will not be discounted. Offer valid for www.adamspolishes.com for orders placed within the US only.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:46 PM   #2
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Oh hell yes.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:55 PM   #3
WiSSDiver

Drives: 1968 Coupe, 2010 2SS, 2011 2SS/RS
So I'll ask, which pad is recommend for the Camaro Paint? MF or foam?
Old 06-05-2013, 04:55 PM   #4
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Edit: Just watched the videos. Good to see emphasis on cleaning out the pads. I've seen most people recommend compressed air over a brush for cleaning but have you not noticed anything negative with using a brush repeatedly?

Last edited by ec1990; 06-05-2013 at 05:08 PM.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:59 PM   #5
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
Looks great!

In the first video you show the smaller pads on the table. I do not see them on the web site though. When will those pads be available?
Old 06-05-2013, 08:33 PM   #6
Adam's Polishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ec1990 View Post
Edit: Just watched the videos. Good to see emphasis on cleaning out the pads. I've seen most people recommend compressed air over a brush for cleaning but have you not noticed anything negative with using a brush repeatedly?
Not that I've noticed, and while compressed air is fine, a lot of people don't have access to it so we figured the brush makes more sense.

I have used the blaster sidekick a few times and it packs enough power to blow the pads out as well.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:42 PM   #7
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
Not that I've noticed, and while compressed air is fine, a lot of people don't have access to it so we figured the brush makes more sense.

I have used the blaster sidekick a few times and it packs enough power to blow the pads out as well.
I'll second this. While I obviously haven't specifically used the Adam's MF pads, the nylon brush works awesome on other MF pads. Been using it on mine for a long time now with no problems.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:45 PM   #8
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post

Agreed that most don't have a compressor on hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
I'll second this. While I obviously haven't specifically used the Adam's MF pads, the nylon brush works awesome on other MF pads. Been using it on mine for a long time now with no problems.
Awesome, thanks for the replies.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:15 PM   #9
Jeffm
ICANHAZ

Drives: 2013 CRT 1SS/RS
Ordered thanks a bunch been waiting
Jeffm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:23 PM   #10
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
Is there a demo video?
Old 06-05-2013, 10:26 PM   #11
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Nice!

What are the major differences between SHR and the new Paint Correcting Polish and the FMP and the new Paint Finishing Polish?
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:06 PM   #12
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Old 06-05-2013, 11:12 PM   #13
CamaroDreams07

I'll be ordering the polishes at some point, undecided on pads.

In terms of the consistency, are these as thick as SHR and FMP were?
Old 06-06-2013, 09:43 AM   #14
Adam's Polishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
I'll be ordering the polishes at some point, undecided on pads.

In terms of the consistency, are these as thick as SHR and FMP were?
The Correcting Polish is pretty close to SHR, but the Finishing Polish is not as thick as FMP is.