Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 09:32 AM   #1
coolingmist

Drives: fast
Water Meth Injection Q & A, lets talk CMGS from Coolingmist!

With many of you going forced induction on your new Camaros you will want (need) a superior way to cool your charge. The Coolingmist CMGS FS system was designed to do the following:

1) Get you more power

2) protect your engine

3) alert the driver if there is a flow or some other problem

4) display flow, boost and failsafe parameters all in one small unit

5) allow for easy clean install.

6) be cost effective

7) Get you more power

For those of you not familiar with water/methanol injection the concept is simple. The system will comprise of a pump, injector, hose, fittings, tank and a way to deliver the fluid. The fluid will inject typically based on boost. The water evaporates soaking up your heat, this gives you cooler charge temps. the methanol cools also allowing you to have lower octane requirements. Those of you injecting pre-blower will have a cooler more efficient supercharger as well (for roots style).

We have 2 near identical versions of our kit. One is a 52 MM gauge controller version known as CMGS-FS. The other version is our VC2 FS, which functions identically as the CMGS-FS but instead of being a 52 MM Gauge Controller, it is enclosed in a square box. The controller is designed for those that want a dash mounted gauge. Both versions display boost and flow rate.

Here is a map of the controller. This shows you the features of the unit. This controler is known as a progressive controller. You set the MIN and MAX boost pressure and then as your boost signal increases the CMGS will make the pump spray more fluid. As the boost decreases, the cmgs will make the pump spray less. The result will be more power on pump gas than what you can make without it.

I realize that many of you will have alot of questions about meth injection in general as well as our well thought out solutions. I welcome all questions. I have a couple diagrams below to help you see how the sysetm is laid out. Ask any questions that you have.

DIAGRAM

Old 04-04-2010, 09:37 AM   #2
coolingmist

Many of you over the last few months have been installing a Coolingmist CMGS system. For those of you that have, be assured you have the most complete, safe kit on the market. CMGS differs than other kits because it has an ALL IN ONE concept.

In one 52 MM Gauge you get the following:

1) Failsafe. Can activate or deactivate any device based on hardware failure due to flow rate dropping when should not.
2) Boost, Flow, Failsafe display
3) Progressive Controller.
4) All of the above in one single 52 MM Gauge.

Here is a mapping that we did to show you a few of the features. CMGS is simple to use and really looks like it belongs in your Camaro. Let us know what questions you have.

Old 04-04-2010, 09:38 AM   #3
ZZTOM

Drives: 67 Camaro 350, 2010 2SS
Will you be attending, have a booth at C5Fest?
Old 04-04-2010, 09:44 AM   #4
coolingmist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZTOM View Post
Will you be attending, have a booth at C5Fest?

Hello. Unfortunately I will not be, but im sure it will be a great event. I am here however to answer any questions you have about our product. Traditionally we have spent more of our time investing into our product vs doing trade shows, marketing or sponsorships. This allows the customer to get the best price for the product.

I invite you to view our products on line and ask any questions that will help you.

thanks again and sorry we cannot attend.

CM
Old 04-04-2010, 10:06 AM   #5
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
For those of you who are running a Maggie, Whipple or KenneBell, and are considering spraying methanol pre-blower, I would first check with the blower manufactuer to see if doing so will cause any problems. Any many cases the rotors in the twin screw/roots blowers are coated and the methnol could cause a deteriortion in that coating that could reduce the blowers effectiveness and/or void the supercharger warranty.

Just an FYI.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:11 AM   #6
coolingmist

Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
For those of you who are running a Maggie, Whipple or KenneBell, and are considering spraying methanol pre-blower, I would first check with the blower manufactuer to see if doing so will cause any problems. Any many cases the rotors in the twin screw/roots blowers are coated and the methnol could cause a deteriortion in that coating that could reduce the blowers effectiveness and/or void the supercharger warranty.

Just an FYI.
I am firm believer that customers should do research before purchasing any modification. Considering that when the customer chose to put the aftermarket supercharger on the camaro, they voided the warranty on the car, most will not be too concerned about the supercharger warranty.

Those with roots style superchargers have for years been spraying meth. Most of you will spray pre-supercharger as that is typically the only way for most of you to do so. Those that have a centrifigal supercharger or turbo will always spray after.

any questions let us know!

CM
Old 04-04-2010, 10:18 AM   #7
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Considering this is in the v6 forced induction thread, it's pretty much a moot thread. No one but AAC, LPE and Jay Leno have boosted v6s. Only one person inquired about water/methanol injection in the NA v6, and that was me.

Now that STS has turbo'd AAC's car, and if LPE gets it's supercharger finalized, maybe you'll have more interest. Till then?
Old 06-12-2010, 10:47 AM   #8
BlownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
iwould love to add one of these to my car......please do a DIY thread on installation on the Camaro!
2010 IOM SS/RS LS3, Hennessey HPE550 Polished Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger. 3.4 Pulley. Kooks long tube headers / high flow cats. GHL Full exhaust. ZL1 Fuel Pump/ADM FPCM. MSW Bap. JRE ZL1 Race cam with new springs/pushrods/Trunion Upgrade. FIC 850cc injectors. ZR1 Map sensor. CAI Induction. JRE Tune.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:26 PM   #9
BlownSS

coolingmist.......are u there?
2010 IOM SS/RS LS3, Hennessey HPE550 Polished Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger. 3.4 Pulley. Kooks long tube headers / high flow cats. GHL Full exhaust. ZL1 Fuel Pump/ADM FPCM. MSW Bap. JRE ZL1 Race cam with new springs/pushrods/Trunion Upgrade. FIC 850cc injectors. ZR1 Map sensor. CAI Induction. JRE Tune.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:29 PM   #10
coolingmist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownSS View Post
coolingmist.......are u there?

yes, thanks! I did not recognize your statement as a question sorry. As far as a DIY, the only way I can do it is if customers would send me alot of pictures of the install. We have custom kits for many cars but not for the camaro.

I would LOVE to get pictures if any of you can send them. We need pictures of every part of the install, from all the wiring, to the gauge to the flow sensor, pump, tank etc...

Until then its pretty universal and very easy to install.

Let me know if I can be of more help.

CM
Old 06-28-2010, 04:37 PM   #11
BlownSS

ok.....let me know when u have it done! LOL
Old 07-15-2010, 09:39 PM   #12
ptone

Drives: trailblazer
had a coolingmist kit on my srt4 a few years back. best around hands down! nice to see u guys on camaro5
Old 07-16-2010, 04:47 AM   #13
rhd
dirtbag

Drives: 2010 camaro LS
i have a few questions for you,
1 how hard is it to find meth, is it basicly only sold at drag strips?(im in dfw if that helps)
2 i was told that a kit like yours will only really help if you are pushing alot of boost(15psi and up was what i was told)
3 whats the mix? is it 50 50 or what?
4 how much more power would a kit like this make on a v6 with say 10psi, just a ballpark answer is fine i know you guys dont have a v6 to test
Old 07-16-2010, 07:26 AM   #14
coolingmist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhd View Post
i have a few questions for you,
1 how hard is it to find meth, is it basicly only sold at drag strips?(im in dfw if that helps)
You can buy VP M1 meth on line or you can go to home depot/lows and buy SLX in the paint dept (50 % meth, 50% alcohol). easy to get

Quote:
2 i was told that a kit like yours will only really help if you are pushing alot of boost(15psi and up was what i was told)
Its beneficial to all turbo or s/c vehicles. The more heat you make now the more power you will gain. Its also a safety mod. Who would not want to run ambient intake temps?
Quote:
3 whats the mix? is it 50 50 or what?
We do a 50/50 mix, but you can run any mix you want. Just remember as the concentration goes up its more easily flammable.

Quote:
4 how much more power would a kit like this make on a v6 with say 10psi, just a ballpark answer is fine i know you guys dont have a v6 to test
30+ HP? Sounds reasonable to me. On a 135I 3.0 V6 you can expect 30-40 HP.

CM

Closed Thread