Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-26-2009, 10:59 PM   #267
Blacc Mamba
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I got three pizza from pjs one for breakfast, lunch and dinner, one of them asked for license and registration, and since my is still new they just took my name. Now i might start eating papa kohns more often. Met a lot of other camaro owners a one from each generation.
Blacc Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:01 PM   #268
04ssSilverado

Drives: above `12 zl1 #780
i don't usually post negative s$%#^;but; i'm the owner of a small construction business;that has struggled for about 2 yrs......i have noticed a few posts,bragging about "getting 2 or more from this promotion.i really hate to say this;but i hope you choke to the point of realiazation (sic).the most enjoyment i get from this car, is knowing that most rich people would not "lower" themselves to get this car,but are pissed that their "super-cars" are ignored because of a "lesser car".
04ssSilverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:15 PM   #269
Watchamacoolitt
KJ

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS,MT6 sunroof
Send a message via AIM to Watchamacoolitt
Good thing I checked the camaro5 forums today at around 5 or 6 and found out about this. Soon as I found out, I told my girlfriend and picked up my nephew and went straight to papa john's. Thanks Papa John for the free large pizza!
Old 08-26-2009, 11:16 PM   #270
305pride

Drives: 3.4l 1995 camaro
i wished i would have drove to other ppj's and get more pizzas. o well. one ppj's didnt even know about the promotion -_-
305pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:18 PM   #271
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04ssSilverado View Post
i don't usually post negative s$%#^;but; i'm the owner of a small construction business;that has struggled for about 2 yrs......i have noticed a few posts,bragging about "getting 2 or more from this promotion.i really hate to say this;but i hope you choke to the point of realiazation (sic).the most enjoyment i get from this car, is knowing that most rich people would not "lower" themselves to get this car,but are pissed that their "super-cars" are ignored because of a "lesser car".
Dude, if you read the fine print, you can go to as many Papa John's restaurants as you like, as long as they were offering. I went to three pizzarias and they all gave me no trouble at all. I really don't understand your point. I think we all love our Camaros and they aren't "super cars." We get it, but what does getting 2 or more pizzas from this promotion have to do with the rich not wanting Camaros but are upset by the lack of attention their cars receive? Sounds like you need a hug more than a slice of pizza...and maybe a few grammar lessons as well. I have a B.A. in English and am certified to teach high school English? Could I offer you a free lesson my friend?
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:22 PM   #272
JGinLA
Since 1978

Drives: 2015 1LE SIM RS/2SS
The stores that aren't corporate-owned seem to play by their own rules. The Selma AL store wasn't busy and the manager apparently remembered my voice or maybe I was the only one to call. He got my name and phone number and started to say something twice and stopped. Finally he said "We'll take care of it." I got the impression it was coming out of his wallet. One more Camaro owner called before I left.
I would like to see this become an annual event on a weekend so more wives/husbands/kids can ride along. I wouldn't object if Papa John wanted to pay again.
1993 Z28 black- 6 sp
1979 TransAm black T/A 6.6- 4 sp
JGinLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:22 PM   #273
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Despite my being still Camaro-less, we were in the mood for pizza tonight and had a coupon, so we picked up some pizzas at Papa John's. The parking lot was filled with Camaros from nearly all generations (sadly no 5th gens). Its times like that that remind me how the Camaro's greatness goes beyond the car itself to the heritage, tradition, and community that goes with it. I was so upset I didn't have a Camaro myself yet, and it had nothing to do with the pizza. I just wanted to be a part of that Camaro world. Good times.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:26 PM   #274
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
Despite my being still Camaro-less, we were in the mood for pizza tonight and had a coupon, so we picked up some pizzas at Papa John's. The parking lot was filled with Camaros from nearly all generations (sadly no 5th gens). Its times like that that remind me how the Camaro's greatness goes beyond the car itself to the heritage, tradition, and community that goes with it. I was so upset I didn't have a Camaro myself yet, and it had nothing to do with the pizza. I just wanted to be a part of that Camaro world. Good times.
Also the sentimental value, as how John Schnatter saw his 1971 1/2 car. He in turn allowed the nation to experience all of the heritage, tradition, and community as a by product of what his Camaro meant to him, which worked out for everybody all over the country. Truly a wonderful, outstanding act of generosity by "Papa" John Schnatter. Thank you kindly, and sincerely from all of us at camaro5.com!
Old 08-26-2009, 11:32 PM   #275
stangvert

Drives: stang vert
I drove in a mustang convertible and got a free pizza. Owner ask me where my car was and I pointed at the parking lot with the back side showing. He said nice convertible. Thanks Papa johns. LOL
stangvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:38 PM   #276
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangvert View Post
I drove in a mustang convertible and got a free pizza. Owner ask me where my car was and I pointed at the parking lot with the back side showing. He said nice convertible. Thanks Papa johns. LOL
Bahahahaha. Damn you!
Old 08-27-2009, 12:16 AM   #277
Spyderseal

Drives: 2010 SS (Sold)
This was a really awesome promotion! Not only did we get free pizza, it was pretty cool seeing all the Camaro's go to Papa Johns. When I got there, a 4th Gen was already in the parking lot and I parked right next to it. I went in, ordered my pizza and the guy told me, "The only thing we ask, is that we take a picture of you and your pizza standing next to your Camaro." I say no problem!! Then I go sit down (they were pretty busy, I went at dinner time) and the girl I sat next to just so happened to be the owner of the 4th Gen next to me. We talked a little Camaro talk for a while, then she got her pizza and had her picture taken and was out! Not 2 seconds after she left, another 4th Gen Camaro pulled into her space. Three young girls got out, came in, asked for their pizza, and then went back outside to wait as they stared at my 5th Gen! Then I got my pizza, had my picture taken and chatted with the girls parked next to me a bit before I left. As I was leaving, a '69 pulled in and was waiting for my parking spot as I was pulling out, I gave him a thumbs up and told him nice car; he returned the favor as well! I really like talking to other camaro owners, this was a great promotion. Thanks again Papa Johns!! And the employees at that location were super cool!!
Spyderseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:31 AM   #278
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
I got my free pizza...I was the 1st 5th gen there at 8pm tonight when I went...met a few other Generations too...then, a 2010 Black RS!!...told everyone about Camaro5.com and no one had heard of it, but I had my Cam5.com decal on my back window, so I think I recruited a few new members for our "happy forum family"...was just like a Camaro meet...really, really cool...had a lot of fun "talking Camaros" while we were waiting for our pizzas...thanks, Papa John...YOU ROCK!!!...
Old 08-27-2009, 12:46 AM   #279
yuioutta

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS M6
I too recieved an awesome pizza from Papa Johns! Great deal for us Camaro owners. Apparently not too many people knew about this up in my neck of the woods as I was the first one and it was mid afternoon, but the manager did take my picture as his district was having a competition to see who had the nicest Camaro come in. His DM had previously been chosen as posting the nicest Camaro pic but when he posted my 2010 IOM 2SS/RS he also included the words "not anymore". Great deal Papa Johns thanks!
yuioutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:52 AM   #280
songsj

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Summit White
Freakin' A, I missed it!!!!
songsj is offline   Reply With Quote