Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-06-2012, 10:40 AM   #197
Untouchable Keeve

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I've PM'd the OP to see if he is still planning on a Trifecta vs IPF tune dyno test soon. Hopefully so.

While its obvious the IPF tune looks to perform pretty dang well, its not a direct comparison. Korrosion's car had an Injen intake, while the Trifecta dyno graph I put up was completely stock and likely on 87 octane...but who knows. Also it was on a different dyno, so that throws the numbers out the window.

The only thing we can sort of draw a comparison to, is the gains from stock tune to aftermarket tuned from each graph, but again as I said was the extra gains in the IPF graph due to a better tune....or due to also using higher grade fuel and having an aftermarket intake installed?
That is a good point Keith. Hopefully the OP will still have the side by side in the works. It was still nice to finally see a dyno for the IPF tune.
Untouchable Keeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:07 PM   #198
10RsCamaro
Slow v6

Drives: Automatic Automobile
Send a message via Skype™ to 10RsCamaro
Updated: Please look at original post regarding what has happen!
10RsCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:09 PM   #199
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10RsCamaro View Post
Updated: Please look at original post regarding what has happen!

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:19 PM   #200
SixCyl

Drives: 2010 Camaro CGM V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10RsCamaro View Post
Update 12/06.12.

After talking to KmPrenger, I am going to summarize what has happen.

After talking to IPF for a few days, and a day before going to the track for 1/4 mile times, IPF did not want to work with me on cost. I have let the testing up to other members such as Korrision on his updates, but the trifecta vs IPF will still be unknown. Trifecta said they will give a free tune if someone has a IPF car, so that can be something to work with.

At the end of the day, IPF vs Trifecta for me will not be happening, but our v6 community having more options by the month is amazing and I cannot wait to see more to come.

Thanks everyone and lets see what will happen in the near future!
Matt
Bummer!
El gato. Mods: Eagle eye headlights, 18" Axis Sport graphite, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax ported TB, 3/8" Vmax Black-Ice, RX single valve catch can, RX breather, Pedders inserts, Trifecta tune, BBK LTH 304 SS.

art/ärt/Noun. Definition: 5th generation Camaro.
SixCyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:33 PM   #201
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
ugh IPF why must you be difficult.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:39 PM   #202
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
We appreciate your update 10RSCamaro.

That is a shame. As I've said before, from the dyno its obvious the IPF tune performs pretty well (I'd love to give it a go!), but theres still too many variables to know IF it performs better than Trifecta or at least how much better at this point. If it were me, and I was very confident my tune performed better than the competition, I'd offer someone a deep discount on one of my tunes simply because it could result in a crap ton of sales after the fact.

Just my .02.

I hope we see more results soon.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:44 PM   #203
lscamaro

Quote:
We appreciate your update 10RSCamaro.

That is a shame. As I've said before, from the dyno its obvious the IPF tune performs pretty well (I'd love to give it a go!), but theres still too many variables to know IF it performs better than Trifecta or at least how much better at this point. If it were me, and I was very confident my tune performed better than the competition, I'd offer someone a deep discount on one of my tunes simply because it could result in a crap ton of sales after the fact.

Just my .02.

I hope we see more results soon.
I'd bet their sales would go through the roof if they made more power in the comparison. I don't understand how u cant give a price break for the possibility of more sales

Old 12-06-2012, 05:49 PM   #204
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
IPF = Isn't Playing Fair

In all seriousness, I can say Vince and Jerry at Trifecta are trying to do what is best for the community. They've been forth right in every way and for BNR to say they would give up a free tune to someone who has or can get the IPF tune for comparison just seems a little strange to me. Is there something to hide? Is this not for the betterment of the V6 community? All I know is if I was touting that what I had is the shyt, I'd be more than happy to show everyone that it is what I said it is, in my Dennis Green voice speaking about the Chicago Bears that they are who we thought they were, and we let 'em off the hook! Now if you want to crown 'em, then crown 'em, but we let them off the hook!
Old 12-06-2012, 06:12 PM   #205
Untouchable Keeve

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
I'd bet their sales would go through the roof if they made more power in the comparison. I don't understand how u cant give a price break for the possibility of more sales
Oh no doubt. There are a lot of people that are hinging upon seeing dynos to back them up, which is reasonable, since that is what they do when any other mod comes out. They want to see the proof of the gains.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:17 PM   #206
lscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untouchable Keeve View Post
Oh no doubt. There are a lot of people that are hinging upon seeing dynos to back them up, which is reasonable, since that is what they do when any other mod comes out. They want to see the proof of the gains.
Yes, I want to see proof of the gains. I'd honestly have no problem doing a comparison since I already have trifecta but I think IPF should give a price cut considering the tester has to pay for dyno time as well. I honestly have the money to buy the tune right now but without proven results, I'm not ready to shell out what IPF wants for their tune.

Old 12-06-2012, 06:19 PM   #207
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Untouchable Keeve View Post
Well, we have the proof of gains, and honestly, there is around a 10% gain across much of the rpm range except the upper rpms which is fantastic.

I'm a big IPF fan, but as a Trifecta user, is this worth it for me? I simply need more data to make a good decision.

For someone with no tune, they'd have to determine if the IPF tune is worth it since it is significantly higher in price right now than Trifecta. It IS worth noting that the Trifecta tune wasn't much cheaper in the beginning, but now BNR is selling those at a great price lol.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:20 PM   #208
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
If Korrosion wants to, we can still test the Trifecta tune and go to the same dyno he used for the last run, which was at Lashway. BNR would be glad to do the comparison still, but the car has long tubes now....
Old 12-06-2012, 06:26 PM   #209
Untouchable Keeve

Quote:
Well, we have the proof of gains, and honestly, there is around a 10% gain across much of the rpm range except the upper rpms which is fantastic.

I'm a big IPF fan, but as a Trifecta user, is this worth it for me? I simply need more data to make a good decision.

For someone with no tune, they'd have to determine if the IPF tune is worth it since it is significantly higher in price right now than Trifecta. It IS worth noting that the Trifecta tune wasn't much cheaper in the beginning, but now BNR is selling those at a great price lol.
I'm def a fan as well, and after seeing this first dyno I'm impressed. I would figure they would be a little more flexible in letting someone help them show their stuff and get the word out.

You do bring up a good point of already being tuned vs. not, its kinda hard to put out money when you already have. For someone w/o a tune like me, this is a major win. Once I have the money, I'll probably purchase this tune.

But like you said, the price could infect drop like Trifecta, and with more power to left on the table, there may eventually be some converts. Lol
Old 12-06-2012, 06:59 PM   #210
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
From what I ahve seen, I would be hard pressed to spend over twice as much for the IPF tune compared to the Trifecta. Not for the minimum gains over what the Trifecta tune offers. Now I am sure their are those who will disagree and that is there right to do so. However, I am not about to dump by tune to spend that kinds of cash to replace it with another tune that has not shown it blows it out of the water. Still early to tell, but it is how I feel today.