Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-09-2013, 03:05 PM   #43
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Same thing's going to happen when the 6th gen arrives. Just sayin'.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:11 PM   #44
super60
Built with Pride "Oshawa"

Drives: 2011 Chev Silverado Z71 Crew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Fred View Post
A fellow Camaro owner who has owned performance Chevrolet vehicles all his life, including a 1970 Chevelle, wrote this letter providing his customer thoughts on the 2014 refresh changes. Hopefully the design folks at Chevrolet will read it and consider it the voice of the customer.

As an avid car fan, it is always interesting to me which cars will become classics and which cars are relegated to "loser" or "OK" status. The '57 Chevy, the '63 split window Corvette, and the '69 Camaro are good examples of cars that did not make a big splash when new but became classics with time.

When the 2010 Camaro came out, I felt that this just might become a classic even before too many years past. I bought a 2010 and my wife and I thoroughly love the car. I wondered what Chevrolet would do to upgrade the styling to try to improve it for future sales. The car seemed great as it was without any further styling "tweaks". I have seen pictures of the 2014 Camaro and I must say that you have not done the car any justice by your messaging. A great car has become an OK car. I do not know of any Camaro fans who have anything favorable to say about the 2014 version.

In closing, I would like to thank you for downgrading the Camaro styling for it will ensure that my 2010 will truly become the classic that I thought it would, and much sooner than I thought.

Jim R.
Please forward to Jim R

Jim R

Let me first start off by saying Thank You for supporting GM and Team Camaro over the years , and with the recent purchase of your 2010 5thGen I can say without a doubt that all of us here in Oshawa where proud to be a part of your Camaro Build Team . I'm sorry to see that the new 14 model is not exactly what you were hoping for with regards to the mid-cycle refresh . I do know of future Camaro customers who are now ordering or plan to order and are fully aware of the changes made for 2014 .

These people have no issues with the new front and backend & look forward to enjoying the thrill of driving their Camaro's just as you and your wife enjoy your 2010. I always get asked what color i like on the 5thgen ? I like them all , but if i had to pick i'd lean towards Yellow or Victory Red . I also get asked what model ? again i like them all , there is no bad angle on these cars and all of the trim levels are there to suit all needs and budgets , but i lean towards a 2SS or 1LE .

Each camaro regardless of year or trim is something special to their owners and considered a classic to each and every one ! There are no downgrades for 2014 , i think its safe to say that over the next 18 months or so , the 5thgen will go out with a bang and will be a classic in years to come in the eyes of their owners .

If i ever get the opportunity to own a 5thGen , i think its a safe bet it will be my classic car and will always be something to cherish because GM/Chevrolet went ahead and kept the dream alive starting with the 2010's and will continue to bring excitment to the all new 2016 Camaro .

Again i thank you for supporting Team Camaro and hope you'll someday see the 14's up close and maybe change your mind .

Best Regards to you and your wife from Oshawa

Mike Judge
Super60

In Memory of Dawson Ellert .
super60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:32 PM   #45
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Same thing's going to happen when the 6th gen arrives. Just sayin'.
I actually can't wait for this.

I will have a "Chicken Little" meme made up for it and everything

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:36 PM   #46
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
I actually can't wait for this.

I will have a "Chicken Little" meme made up for it and everything
The chicken little picture is mine.... You can't have it.

ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:41 PM   #47
davidmk001

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 1SS
In MY personal opinion, I do enjoy the look / styling of the 2010 - 13's. I am not too big on the 2014, personally.

Its obviously a matter of each individuals own personal opinion. I am very happy with mine and its look and that is all I really care about.

However, on a side note, I would like to mention when I first sat in the 2010 at an Autoshow, I remember saying to myself I didn't like it! Thought the viability was bad, gauges looked too small, interior felt tight ... All I can say is; look at me now! Opinions change and I LOVE it! lol. This could very well be the case with the 2014's with people (myself included) who say "I don't like it"

Time well tell!

Buy what you like! Drive it! Enjoy it! The hell with anything else
davidmk001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:45 PM   #48
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
I personally don't like the exterior refresh as its the only thing that changed on the ZL1 being the rear. But the Recaro option is a great addition for 2014 models.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:16 PM   #49
THR ZL1 #1
Perma Grinning

Drives: 2012 Tom Henry Racing ZL1
Opinions are like butt holes . . we all have one and they all stink.

It is your opinion . . get over it.

Every change on a car is met with resistance . . and then all of a sudden it is OK and all get along again.

See it in person.
THR ZL1 #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:14 PM   #50
CAMAR0
Loose is Fast!

Drives: Mikes Hard Lemons
And after many changes like this the camaro stops selling and then we have no more camaros for sale. Yay. Wait... What??
CAMAR0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:50 PM   #51
SIN R G

Drives: 2008 VW R32, 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
If you are not buying a 2014, then you really are not a customer.
SIN R G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:58 PM   #52
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by super60 View Post
Please forward to Jim R

Jim R

Let me first start off by saying Thank You for supporting GM and Team Camaro over the years , and with the recent purchase of your 2010 5thGen I can say without a doubt that all of us here in Oshawa where proud to be a part of your Camaro Build Team . I'm sorry to see that the new 14 model is not exactly what you were hoping for with regards to the mid-cycle refresh . I do know of future Camaro customers who are now ordering or plan to order and are fully aware of the changes made for 2014 .

These people have no issues with the new front and backend & look forward to enjoying the thrill of driving their Camaro's just as you and your wife enjoy your 2010. I always get asked what color i like on the 5thgen ? I like them all , but if i had to pick i'd lean towards Yellow or Victory Red . I also get asked what model ? again i like them all , there is no bad angle on these cars and all of the trim levels are there to suit all needs and budgets , but i lean towards a 2SS or 1LE .

Each camaro regardless of year or trim is something special to their owners and considered a classic to each and every one ! There are no downgrades for 2014 , i think its safe to say that over the next 18 months or so , the 5thgen will go out with a bang and will be a classic in years to come in the eyes of their owners .

If i ever get the opportunity to own a 5thGen , i think its a safe bet it will be my classic car and will always be something to cherish because GM/Chevrolet went ahead and kept the dream alive starting with the 2010's and will continue to bring excitment to the all new 2016 Camaro .

Again i thank you for supporting Team Camaro and hope you'll someday see the 14's up close and maybe change your mind .

Best Regards to you and your wife from Oshawa

Mike Judge
Super60

:h ail::hai l: :h ail::hai l:

As always, Mike, you sir are a class act. Great reply, and well worded.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:31 PM   #53
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
If I had the choice between a 14 and a pile of dog crap, I'd bag up the dog crap and save my money
Old 05-09-2013, 08:36 PM   #54
Visago

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPAJETSKI View Post
Dear President Johnson:
The Vietnam War is a useless exercise resulting in the unnecessary deaths of thousands of Americans. I do not support this war effort.
Sincerely yours,
Too Late to Do Anything About it Now.
LMAO!!!!!!!!

Now that's funny.
Visago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:54 PM   #55
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
I'm sure this letter, along with the other 5,000,000 they've received, regarding the horrid '14 refresh will go on an immediate path to the CEO for his review . More like, they'll go straight into the incinerator. We get it , the car is not as visually appealing as the 2010-2013 (minus the 2013's wheels). Next topic!
Gotta disagree. I like it a lot better than my 2010.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:56 PM   #56
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMAR0 View Post
And after many changes like this the camaro stops selling and then we have no more camaros for sale. Yay. Wait... What??
They will sell like hot cakes. Most buyers are not nit-picking, never change the car because what I have now is perfect, kind of people
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014 refresh voc, another dumb whiney thread