Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-04-2014, 05:48 AM   #43
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Cam_SS View Post
Jason@JacFab: Are you saying the dude throwing the Rock is justified?
Sounds to me like he has/would throw rocks.

Shame on him for having his window down? Come on Jason!!!

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 05:58 AM   #44
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
the shadow arrived about 2 seconds later, claiming he jumped the light and also the shadow missed 3rd gear. The shadow wants another shot at him.
trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 06:30 AM   #45
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
The man Did NOT want to throw the rock, the rock wanted a closer look. Thus, the car going so fast, the only chance of the rock getting a closer look was to be thrown at it. Yes judge, that is exactly how it happened.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:41 AM   #46
Drumminxx

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
Speeding = minor misdemeanor

Throwing rock at moving vehicle = felony

Or

Speeding = $200 fine

Throwing rock at moving vehicle = I would guess at 6 months jail along with a lot in fines and restitution.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 06-04-2014, 10:03 AM   #47
PHXLT1

Drives: black Z28
If it's considered excessive speeding then is that another crime altogether? Wonder how much that chip cost to fix.
2015 Silverado (mine!)
54 Belair (wife's)
2004 silverado (daughters)
PHXLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 10:28 AM   #48
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumminxx View Post
Speeding = minor misdemeanor

Throwing rock at moving vehicle = felony

Or

Speeding = $200 fine

Throwing rock at moving vehicle = I would guess at 6 months jail along with a lot in fines and restitution.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
His speed would not go down as just "speeding". lol He'd get slapped with excessive speeding which is a class 3 misdemeanor (yes that is minor) but it also carries a maximum of 30 days sentence. He'd also get slapped with reckless driving which has a maximum of 12 month sentence and can be charged as a felony in some states. So a possibility of a 13 month jail sentence.

I don't know if people just aren't watching the video or researching the situation, but the Lamborghini wasn't just speeding. He was also caught doing donuts.

Quote:
Incident details:

I recognized the street and the car when I saw the video this morning and decided to talk to a few people that witness the incident. It’s in Los Angeles… On my street.

Lamborghini driver was driving at high speed in a loop in a residential area. He was repeatedly asked to go somewhere else. The stone incident happened after 30 minutes of nonstop racing. Police were called.

Lol.. This is LA. Cops don’t just show up when you call unless there is some sort of emergency. But cops were called and I’m sure they will have no trouble tracking down the car if they want to bother.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:51 AM   #49
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
The same guys saying it's cool to throw rocks at this guy's car probably would cry on here when their Camaros got keyed. Does anyone else see the problem with that? It is never okay to break someone's stuff.

Also, the Internet tough guys saying they'd shoot the guy who threw a rock are laughable. That's called murder. No, it isn't self-defense. That rock hitting any body panel on your car is property damage that has a 0% chance of endangering your life. Your windows are shatter-resistant due to federal regulations, so it's not going through those either. If someone throws a rock at your car and you shoot them, you are more wrong than they are. It is not okay to resort to violence to solve any civilian matter if you can avoid it. Being a responsible gun owner requires you to know the difference between an annoyance and a life-threatening situation, and this guy being an idiot is not life-threatening in the least.

Is the Aventador driver a bad driver? I'd say he probably could obey more street laws. The same could be said about a lot of us. A "good" driver, according to people high on the soapbox, never exceeds the speed limit. "Good" implies talent. A "good" baseball player hits and throws like a boss, which incidentally has very little to do with following rules. But I digress.

In any case, I'd like to get away from the violence and hostility. As a car site, I don't see where threats of violence and hostility really fit in.
It would be great if everything could be solved with words instead of fist, but that's unrealistic in some cases. When I was in high school, there was this kid that would throw rocks at people's cars after school let out. He was an 18 Year old bully that picked on everyone. There was no talking to him. One day he got me after school as I was leaving for work. I had a 69 firebird that day that was my dad's because my ride was broke. I got out punched him right in the mouth without saying a word, and as he laid there holding his bloody nose, I told him that I better never see another rock in his hand again aimed for any car let alone mine. He never threw another rock again.

Also, there are many decussions on this site that don't fit in with a car forum, but they still go on because we have a section for them. Many of them I don't agree with and don't care to view them so I don't. I respect you for not being a fan of violence to solve a problem, but I wish you would respect mine for feeling that sometimes it is necessary to correct a situation.

motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:15 AM   #50
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
It would be great if everything could be solved with words instead of fist, but that's unrealistic in some cases. When I was in high school, there was this kid that would throw rocks at people's cars after school let out. He was an 18 Year old bully that picked on everyone. There was no talking to him. One day he got me after school as I was leaving for work. I had a 69 firebird that day that was my dad's because my ride was broke. I got out punched him right in the mouth without saying a word, and as he laid there holding his bloody nose, I told him that I better never see another rock in his hand again aimed for any car let alone mine. He never threw another rock again.

Also, there are many decussions on this site that don't fit in with a car forum, but they still go on because we have a section for them. Many of them I don't agree with and don't care to view them so I don't. I respect you for not being a fan of violence to solve a problem, but I wish you would respect mine for feeling that sometimes it is necessary to correct a situation.

Unfortunately, in todays age, had you done that, he would have sued you, being that he's 18, probably following what his parents telling him to sue.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:27 AM   #51
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Unfortunately, in todays age, had you done that, he would have sued you, being that he's 18, probably following what his parents telling him to sue.
You're right, and just another reason we are doomed as a society.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:18 PM   #52
Drumminxx

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
His speed would not go down as just "speeding". lol He'd get slapped with excessive speeding which is a class 3 misdemeanor (yes that is minor) but it also carries a maximum of 30 days sentence. He'd also get slapped with reckless driving which has a maximum of 12 month sentence and can be charged as a felony in some states. So a possibility of a 13 month jail sentence.

I don't know if people just aren't watching the video or researching the situation, but the Lamborghini wasn't just speeding. He was also caught doing donuts.

still...2 wrongs don't make a right. The guy should have video taped them driving recklessly, doing donuts, racing up and down the street and then give the video to the police. It's stupid to get yourself in trouble for throwing a rock at a car.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:37 PM   #53
PT145SS

Drives: 2011 2SS, 2008 MB E50, 2004 RAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Also, the Internet tough guys saying they'd shoot the guy who threw a rock are laughable. That's called murder. No, it isn't self-defense. That rock hitting any body panel on your car is property damage that has a 0% chance of endangering your life....Being a responsible gun owner requires you to know the difference between an annoyance and a life-threatening situation, and this guy being an idiot is not life-threatening in the least.

I do not necessarily disagree with most of what you said. However, …just FYI…in some states forced entry or the “attempted” force entry into an occupied vehicle does justify the use of deadly force without regard to intent, without regard to real or perceived threat of life or serious bodily injury, and no requirement to retreat. I think I would just flee if someone threw a rock at my car but I’m sure someone could argue the dude with the rock was attempting to force entry into the vehicle. Hitting the body panel is just bad aim (assuming that is where it hit). The dude with the rock forced the lambo to stop, the dude was acting in an irrational manner, and then threw the rock in a coup de grâce. The lambo driver could easily argue he thought the rock guy was trying to car jack him. Just sayin.
PT145SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:56 PM   #54
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in MD View Post
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=361221

Since I posted the same story two days prior that kinda lets me know where I'm at on the popularity scale on C5.com.
You posted it in the correct section. You should have known better.
Old 06-04-2014, 03:09 PM   #55
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Cam_SS View Post
Jason@JacFab: Are you saying the dude throwing the Rock is justified?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolFan66 View Post
Sounds to me like he has/would throw rocks.

Shame on him for having his window down? Come on Jason!!!
The rock throwing isn't necessary, however, I think the guy driving like a dick deserves whatever should happen regardless of whether it's a rock or a phone pole.

There's a time and place for hauling @$$ and the street is not it.

I'm not a fan of people driving like dicks, and I'm not a fan of people suing others for stupid reasons either.

Just my opinoin
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 04:04 PM   #56
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
So you always abide by the law and do the speed limit? You have "NEVER" gotten frisky in any car you have ever owned?

Please step down from your soapbox already... I don't care who you are, everyone has at one point or another, even that douch bag that threw that rock..

I agree the guy in the Lamborghini was joy riding a little to much but to say I have never drivin a car like that would make me look look a pompous ass, I have never taken it to limits that guy did and keep doing it, but I have done donuts in my past hot rods back in the day when I was younger, I have even done burn outs, throw a rock at me..

Needless to say I don't drive my cars like that anymore, but I do like to hit the gas once in awhile, I just pick when I have open road to do so, and I don't stay on it very long..

Anyone saying they do the speed limit at all times and never speed is feeding us all a line of BS...

Might as well tell us you have never flipped any one off..

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote