Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-30-2012, 12:08 PM   #15
FAST ZL1

Drives: 2012 Ashen Grey ZL1
When I used to race my Chevelle with a stick I would adjust the clutch so it would disengage close to the top. It was alot faster power shifting then having to go to the floor. I don't have my ZL1 yet but it sounds like the clutch will be perfect.
FAST ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:01 PM   #16
Flavorwrench

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 67 RS-SS TwinTurbo
I'm not sure I will ever get used to the engagement point near the top. After driving my car for the first time, I searched online to see how to adjust it. Unfortunately there isn't a way to make changes without installing an aftermarket Hydraulic Clutch Adjuster Kit. I was brought up having the engagement as close to the floor as possible to better reaction/engagement time for drag racing and helps discourage riding the clutch. The less the leg travels, the better...just personal preference.
Flavorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:30 PM   #17
Rice Killer
Cooter

Drives: my wife crazy
Since the engagement is so close to the top of the pedal travel, could one put a stopper or something behind the pedal so you can still mash the pedal without pushing the pedal in farther than you need to? More or less for when you're at the track.
#1451 - 2012 ZL1 - White, Black Wheels, Manual, Suede Package, and Exposed Hood Insert. Delivered on 6/20/12. Thanks to Jason from Symdon Motors in Evansville, WI.
Rice Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:31 PM   #18
Janet

Drives: 2015 Z06, 06 Silverado,
I just find that I have to use the ball of my foot instead of the entire foot on the clutch and then no problem. Most of my Corvettes have engaged much further down, but it is no big deal when I realize what works.

The main off ramp I use is a slightly steep hill & if I am the 3rd or 4th car I'd better not have the clutch depressed all the way, so the ball of my foot will allow me to just "hold it" and not roll back. It doesn't take long to get used to it, besides it is just SO MUCH FUN!

Janet
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:41 PM   #19
b4z

Drives: '06 Pontiac GTO M6, '19 F150 2.7TT
gM has had a problem of late with hydraulic clutches.
I had to replace every part in my gto, because it wouldn't engage.
Ended up with ls7 clutch, flywheel, pressure plate, tick master cylinder, new slave, new pilot and throw out bearings and tick remote bleeder. It's perfection now, but stiffer than stock due to the tick, not the ls7 clutch.
b4z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:44 PM   #20
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
I ordered a Auto this time around, but based off my SS the clutch sounds the same as the rest of you. What I found that helped me a lot, was wearing a thinner sole shoe. When driving my SS, I always wear Sperry brand shoes for that proper pedal feel. The Auto really doesn't matter, I could drive that with waders on ...