Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2010 Camaro5 Fest (I)

Old 04-21-2010, 07:53 AM   #43
Da Hose
ACCOUNT HOZED BY GN......

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS #26731
Scott, I'm truely honored to have met you and Mike Judge and all of the GM team, I cannot even begin to describe what the camaro means to my family and I. I will tell you this, you and your team being there and showing the true dedication to this car is something I will never forget. I will never even entertain the thought of owning anything but a GM product ever!!!!

Thanks,

Ronnie

I'd bet $100 that you smile like that all the time, even in your sleep... and you don't snore when you sleep, you giggle.

Da Hose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:13 AM   #44
ClaymoreZ28

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM Camaro
Scott, you are a tremendous writer.
You make us part of a "story" with your reflections and thoughts
I continue to be blown away by how in touch the GM team has been on the Camaro
As you said when we chatted briefly at C5Fest - its all about talking to customers.... and from my perspective it is being treated as a client and partner - not just another consumer.

I have to applaud the C5 fest organizers and the GM team for showing what is possible when manufacturer and community base collaborate with an outstanding outcome
and I look forward to being a continuing part of this story...
Old 04-21-2010, 10:22 AM   #45
Blackend SS
Mauricio

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black!
To reiterate what other have already said... we cant Thank you all enough for the the effort and dedication you all bring to the table. Not only did the Moderators and Vendors make this a memorable even, but you all really made it something special.

I can say this experience has changed me, and its been a ride that me and my fiancee will remember forever. I cant say Thank You enough to the Moderators, Vendors, and The Camaro Team enough for their hard work in making this happen. I look forward to next years event more so then I did this one, simply because I want to relive it all over again. But for now... I leave you all with this pic that put the cherry on top for me....and a very big "perm-a-grin"

THANK YOU!

Old 04-21-2010, 10:39 AM   #46
armysig
Catch me if you can

Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
Even though I didn't get the chance to attend this years Camaro5fest, Everyday feels as though I have. Just the other day I had a couple follow me about 15 miles to the local Lowes, just to look at the car and spend some time talking about it and their past Camaro. I never knew that this car would bring people out of the woodwork to talk about it.

I am truly enjoying all the attnetion I get when I drive down the highway, whether its from the state trooper, to the little boy/girl that is yelling bumblebee (Even though it is IOM).

My little girl gets so much attention from her classmates at school because she gets to ride in a Camaro everyday. It's amazing to see the reaction of 15 5 year olds when I pick her up.

When this car can get a 5 year old excited, you know you have done something right.

Again, Thank you Scott and all the hard working people at GM that brought back the Camaro. This was the right design for the right time.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:46 AM   #47
Becka1988

Drives: Dream Girl 2011 1SS
I got the chills reading this and a tear almost came to my eye. I have camaro fever bad, its not just a car to me! I'm so glad that the folks at GM are as passionate about this car as I am! Next year lets have Camaro5 Fest on the west coast so I can attend!
Thanks Fbodfather!
Becka1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:48 AM   #48
fcu678
5Th Gen (Craig)

Drives: 2014 C7
Well said Scott..........I'm glad that we had the opportunity to meet you and the entire GM team it was definitely a "Defining moment" for me.

fcu678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:51 AM   #49
CruznSS

Drives: 2SS/RS Camaro ABM - Silver Ralleys
Don't know about the rest of you that attended C5fest 1, but, I am still just blown away and still in awe of what we were able to be a part of this past weekend! The GM Team are top notch. Thank you to ALL that put this "little" shin-dig together...lol. This new family member has changed my life in more ways than 1. From great new friends, the love of driving again, and going to meets / car shows to show how proud I am to own a 2010 5th gen CAMARO! Thank You Scott, Cheryl, Al and the whole GM team....
Old 04-21-2010, 10:54 AM   #50
ylogen5
ylogen5

Drives: 2010 RY1LT RS, 6sp man, F/R swaybar
Words can not expressive what an experience it really was. Meeting everyone from GM and fellow Camaros owners. The event itself along with all the activities was more then could be expected. We (a group of 5 camaros) decided we did not want it to end so we dicided to make a run down to the Florida panhandle and cruise along the coast. We then made our way back north to home. We could not have attracted more attention if we were in Ferraris. All I can say I thank you.
Roll on,
Jeff
ylogen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:10 AM   #51
phantom
phantom

Drives: 2012 ZL1 CRT 6M
--And all of these wonderful people coming up to me - -shaking my hand and thanking everyone at General Motors for building such an amazing automobile. (their words, not mine)

Scott, in Oct of 2008 I was the first person in Green Bay to order the C5, had no idea when it would be delivered, what it would really look like, if I would be able to fit my 6'6 frame into the cabin. Didn't matter, I was committed to getting a world class sports car similar to my teen years when my wife and I had our 68 Camaro. For me the C5 ownership experience doesn't need to be explained. When I'm asked why the excitement, I respond "Every now and then I want to be that Guy". That's right, the C5 driving and ownership experience is special. Keep up the great work, and thanks for sharing your notes, and thoughts.. Phantom
phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:12 AM   #52
Ruffian118

Drives: 2010 2LT SW silver stripes
I anyone connected with bringing this beautiful car back. Thank you, GM, for making my dream a reality! And as for super60, well, he already knows...

Fbodfather, perhaps we'll meet at next year's gathering - especially if it goes "west coast."
Club Elite Member #117 / Favorite 5th Gen Camaro selected by Scott Settlemire - C5FestII
Ordered: 1/25/10; Built 3/4-8/10 VIN #201262; in my driveway 3/20/10

Ruffian118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:48 AM   #53
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Wish I could have attended but I know it means a lot to us all that you and the rest of the Camaro team could. Thank you all for your passion and hard work. I am definitely reaping the benefits of it and am extremely grateful.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:51 AM   #54
ron8879

Drives: 2018 Camaro RS
its amazing how one car and one website can grow into something larger than any part of it....I went to the st louis auto show on 1/26/08 and took the pic below...looked at my wife and said "I want this car....this is the car I've waited on my whole life" she looked at the car and said "ok" (thinking I would forget or change my mind)...I went home and found this site and looked for information like crazy...just slivers of what the car would look like when it came out and joined the website in aug that year and saying "these are not the headlights that will be on the production car"...I ordered my car...unseen...untested...on oct 16 2008...my r6p arrived on june 17 2009 and its been permagrin ever since....thank you to all who have been involved with the car....
Attached Images

ron8879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:17 PM   #55
stikSS
9691 & 97586

Drives: 2010 SS, 1999 SS, 1993 Z28
Thank you and the staff for making this whole experience what has been and will continue to be!. I really enjoyed talking to you and the rest of the team, understanding that what is truely our passion lives in you guys as well. This is my 4th Camaro and I'm sure after this past weekend..... i just might have a 5th Camaro (wife wants one!!).
stikSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:45 PM   #56
Massman151
Chevy Fanatic

Drives: 2010 RS/SS CAMARO RJT
This looked to be the best thing to ever happen, I'm bummed that I wasn't able to attend this year, but i hope to attend next year. I hope to see Scott, and the rest of the Camaro Crew.
P.S. Very touching story, i love the enthusiasm that people put towards these Camaros.

"Sam Witwicky: Fifty years from now, when you're looking back at your life, don't you want to be able to say you had the guts to get in the car?"

"Sam Witwicky: Um yeah, Satan's Camaro? It's stalking me!"
Massman151 is offline   Reply With Quote