Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-15-2014, 11:59 AM   #15
Want Convertible

Drives: None Yet
Make sure you have gap insurance so if car is worth less than you owe you have complete coverage in case of a loss/accident. Enjoy your ride !
Want Convertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 12:13 PM   #16
ironhide_RS

Drives: 2011 black 1LT/RS M6
@rubycamaro: I want to do the exhaust cutouts to keep a somewhat "sleeper" look for the shock factor. I have the vararam planned to put on and the bbk headers with high flow cats. I'd put the cutouts just behind the cats.

@WantConvertible: got that when I purchased the car
ironhide_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 12:23 PM   #17
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
welcome to C5. Having all the mods i could have (at the time my LLT was N/a) I would definitely recommend:
V-Max ported Throttle body, (although with the throttle controller, i would wait to see what people say about that compared to the ported TB.

BBK long tube headers - I prefer the ceramic coating bc temps are lower and dont have to worry about salt and etc.

Black ice-olater, also get a another gm gasket to avoid RTV

HP tune

and dont forget about suspension to help tie everything together.
Old 09-15-2014, 12:56 PM   #18
ironhide_RS

I've been reading about the Vmax ported TB and it seems to be getting very good reviews. I also came across the thread about the throttle control. It sounds interesting though, like you said, I wanna wait it out a bit and see how it's received by everyone.

I definitely wanna do headers and I was thinking about wrapping them instead of getting the ceramic coating.

I made an offer to someone about an ice-olator they're selling. Waiting to hear back. Excuse me for being new but what does "RTV" mean?

So you recommend HP tune over trifecta?

I'm planning on buying eibach lowering springs
Old 09-15-2014, 01:37 PM   #19
Aequitas & Veritas

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS, 2009 GTR
Hello and welcome!

BBKs are awesome I have them paired with MRT v2 exhaust (vid in my build).

Like others I would say
- BBK LT Headers
- MRT v2
- Ported Throttle Body
- CAI (Top 2 in my eyes are the Injen Long tube, what I have, and the Cold Air Inductions)
- Iceolator
- IPF Tune (NA is a good tune as well, I'm not a trifecta fan and HP Tuners hasn't shown loads of gains over anything else as of yet.
- Throttle Controller (I already paid for it and for $150 it's worth the preorder based on the reviews so far)

Cutouts on the V6 sound great at idle but under WOT might not be what you are expecting. I've pondered getting them but decided against it.

Eibach springs are great, I had them until I upgraded to coilovers
Old 09-15-2014, 01:58 PM   #20
ironhide_RS

Ok so it looks like there's a common support of the BBK LT. Definitely glad I'm choosing to go with those.
As for the PTB, that combined with a throttle control should give instantaneous response correct?
Ok, why do you choose injen and CAI vs Vararam?
IPF tune you say? I like the idea of trifecta because you can email your setup and they send you back a custom tune. As well as the ghost cam. Though, I will go with best bang for $$
The cutouts are planned with the mindset of a surprise factor and I've listened to several sound clips and have liked what I've heard thus far.
I MAY go with coilovers down the road but for now, lowering/stiffer springs will do it for me
Old 09-15-2014, 03:17 PM   #21
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironhide_RS View Post
Thanks PalmerGA! Still getting a feel for the forum.
There ya go! Congrats on your beautiful can and welcome to C5! Now when you post to seek info, opinions, etc., we'll know just what you have and can start spending your money faster .

One last thing - I assume the MT means Manual Transmission, usually designated as "M6".
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 03:31 PM   #22
ironhide_RS

Lol!! Yes, it looks like I will be spending a few pennies

Also, edited the MT to M6. Thanks!
Old 09-15-2014, 11:35 PM   #23
Aequitas & Veritas

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS, 2009 GTR
Quote:
Ok so it looks like there's a common support of the BBK LT. Definitely glad I'm choosing to go with those.
As for the PTB, that combined with a throttle control should give instantaneous response correct?
Ok, why do you choose injen and CAI vs Vararam?
IPF tune you say? I like the idea of trifecta because you can email your setup and they send you back a custom tune. As well as the ghost cam. Though, I will go with best bang for $$
The cutouts are planned with the mindset of a surprise factor and I've listened to several sound clips and have liked what I've heard thus far.
I MAY go with coilovers down the road but for now, lowering/stiffer springs will do it for me
Not sure on the throttle control with PTB as only a few testers as of yet but it wouldn't hurt.

I went with Injen because it truly is a cold air intake as it draws the air from below the engine. An independent test tested all the CAIs at the time and the Injen Long Tube preformed the best with the CAI right behind it. As for the Vararam it wasn't out at the time that test came out and I know they were having fitment issues in the beginning but I just don't like the overall placement of the intake on it.

I just have kept my distance from trifecta since I've heard of all the horror stories. Theres a few threads on here as well that the ghost cam can mess something or another up (threads floating around) I agree it sounds good, but I stayed away.

IPF tune works the same way, they just send you a module and then you upload it and send the module back to them. For tunes I would say the top two are HP Tuners since certain shops can actually dyno the LLT followed by IPF which is just a generic tune but I believe above trifecta.

All just my opinion
Old 09-15-2014, 11:45 PM   #24
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Ah..reminds me of my OEM days...

Welcome to C5, you'll soon be knee deep in mods a waiting for your next paycheck to buy more!

First two mods:
CAI
Vmax TB

Then:
Exhaust....
Solo Mach LFX if you can afford it.
MRT 2.0 w/ Magnaflow X pipe is popular.

Then it's wide open from there depending on engine or exterior mods.

Happy modding!
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 03:05 AM   #25
fradaj

Drives: RS
Quote:
I've been reading about the Vmax ported TB and it seems to be getting very good reviews. I also came across the thread about the throttle control. It sounds interesting though, like you said, I wanna wait it out a bit and see how it's received by everyone.

I definitely wanna do headers and I was thinking about wrapping them instead of getting the ceramic coating.

I made an offer to someone about an ice-olator they're selling. Waiting to hear back. Excuse me for being new but what does "RTV" mean?

So you recommend HP tune over trifecta?

I'm planning on buying eibach lowering springs

The ported TB and a premium tune with a Hypertech tuner were the biggest power adders for me. I also have the Black Isolator, K&N airfilter and a catch can.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 05:46 AM   #26
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Lol!! Yes, it looks like I will be spending a few pennies

Also, edited the MT to M6. Thanks!
Perfect. Now... what was you question?
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 06:12 AM   #27
ironhide_RS

Wow! Thanks everyone! I'm humbly appreciative of the support and how willing everyone is to spend my money, lol. I will take all of this into consideration. As it stands this moment, I getting a black ice-olator (I've read a lot of ranting and raving on here but, I'm still a bit skeptical as to how a spacer on our engines is so effective. Whereas, for example on the 2JZ-GTE block, a spacer didn't do much in terms of power). Also, I'm on the list to receive one of the first batches of Vietesse throttle controllers. And I think I'm gonna get a Vmax PTB at the same time. At the end of month, I'll be getting the vararam. I know a few people have stuck to their guns on the Injen and CAI, and I respectfully decline.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:40 PM   #28

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS 6A
I'm not doing any mods to my LLT , If I wanted MORE power, I would have started with the V8, and went from their.
191185 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1lt, 2010, 2011, llt, mods