Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 01-26-2010, 09:03 AM   #29
linkwpc
The punching cat

Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
Will this work for me if I have only have the 3"inch pipe xpipe from SLP and LM1?
Old 01-26-2010, 10:52 AM   #30
Meister@Torq

Drives: 2001 Crown Vic
Send a message via AIM to Meister@Torq Send a message via MSN to Meister@Torq
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport View Post
Lew is correct.

We have found that playing with dfco settings will often lead to a loss of mileage, but the same effect can be achieved through some decel timing adjustments.
Mike is correct, the best way to correct the popping is with decel spark values but the exhaust combo will really make all of the difference. Certain exhaust combo's will do this no matter how good the tune is....it is just the nature of the beast
Meister@Torq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:38 AM   #31
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport View Post
Lew is correct.

We have found that playing with dfco settings will often lead to a loss of mileage, but the same effect can be achieved through some decel timing adjustments.

Thanks Mike and Lew.

If I went that route with a Predator or Trinity, and had a custom tune made, if I wanted additional minor changes - like a little more adjusting on the decel popping - could I do that myself? Or would that tune need to be sent in and modified or the car taken to a dyno tuner?

I like to tinker, but not good enough to completely tune it, so I'd like to get a pro to do a custom tune, and then if possible still have the ability
to make minor adjustments after researching what to do.

I've done that on a few of the Harleys I've owned - paid for a dyno tune and then got a copy of the file that I could use Harley's SE Race Tuner program to tinker with a little more. But they have real simple tables.

Thanks again!
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:24 PM   #32
06MonteSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Monte Carlo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
Thanks Mike and Lew.

If I went that route with a Predator or Trinity, and had a custom tune made, if I wanted additional minor changes - like a little more adjusting on the decel popping - could I do that myself? Or would that tune need to be sent in and modified or the car taken to a dyno tuner?

I like to tinker, but not good enough to completely tune it, so I'd like to get a pro to do a custom tune, and then if possible still have the ability
to make minor adjustments after researching what to do.

I've done that on a few of the Harleys I've owned - paid for a dyno tune and then got a copy of the file that I could use Harley's SE Race Tuner program to tinker with a little more. But they have real simple tables.

Thanks again!
well, you wouldn't be able to tweak the coast down spark for the popping yourself, that's why you'd need a custom tune to begin with... that parameter is not available as an end-user adjustment...

but for any minor tweaks to it, if you had me do a custom tune for ya (I am a diablosport CMR tuner), I would re-tweak it for ya no problem...

Parameters you can adjust yourself include:

COT time delay
#
DoD disable
#
Idle RPM Drive/Neutral
#
Injector Slope adjustment
#
WOT Fuel 2k-3.8k / 4k-4.9k / 5k-7k
#
Rev Limit
#
WOT Spark (in degrees) 1k-3.8k / 4k-5k / 5.2k-7k
#
Fan adjustment, individual adjustment per temp dependent cell
#
Tire Size
#
Speed limiter(adjustable for truck/SUV only - for cars, it is already removed in the preset tunes)
#
Scanning/Clearing codes supported
#
Live data and log supported
#
Holds up to 5 custom tunes & Dat viewer is supported.
06MonteSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:43 PM   #33
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
I'm sold on a diablosport, I just can't pull the trigger till my Long tube set up throws a code. 400+ miles now. I know data loging will be in my near future and with Lew, Ted, and Mike around, my camaro will be in good hands.

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
even the calendar reads...
W T F
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:51 PM   #34
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbusa View Post
I'm sold on a diablosport, I just can't pull the trigger till my Long tube set up throws a code. 400+ miles now. I know data loging will be in my near future and with Lew, Ted, and Mike around, my camaro will be in good hands.
Get the Trinity and have even more fun. Used mine at the track this weekend and it gave really accurate times. While running the 1/4 mile you can also do a 0-60 time on your Trinity.

Soon as I get the LTs on Ted will be hooking me up with the tune...
Old 01-28-2010, 04:31 PM   #35
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
In another thread, I asked Ted....

"Originally Posted by tjbusa
Ok here is a hypothetical question, How close is a data logging diablo custom tune to a dyno tune in terms of horsepower????"

Very Close.

If you can provide me Wide band O2 readings at WOT Spot On.

Waterbury Ct. 06705

I know who's going to get my tune money, thank-you Ted !!!!!

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
even the calendar reads...
W T F

Last edited by tjbusa; 01-28-2010 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Quotation
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote