Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 04-30-2012, 10:19 PM   #1
Pur3vil

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS M6
iPod static with DB/DD PDIM

I am getting intermittent severe static on my iPod classic that goes away for a while if i pull the USB cable and re-insert it. The staic is so severe that it basically drowns out the song and is loud enough that I worry that I might blow a speaker from it. This severe staic didn't start until after I got the DB/DD PDIM. Is anyone else seeing this or have a suggestion as to how to fix it? It's so intermittant that I can't show the dealer reliably that it exists, and it took me several tries to get DB/DD that I don't want to just try to replace the PDIM again if there is something better to try.

I'm not sure if maybe my iPod cable is sketchy or if it could be my USB port or if it is just a bad PDIM. Help...
Pur3vil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:18 AM   #2
Cheetah

Drives: Camaro Rs
im having the same problem and its pissing me off , i tried using a different cable and it be same thing . Plus than my car will be like the item is not found and it will just switch it to my FM OR AM radio .

Help ? plzz
Cheetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:21 AM   #3
ChriSS84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS
Yea same problem here. It's been like that since I got the car. I just unplug it and plug it back in and it works fine for a while.
ChriSS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:47 AM   #4
FNG
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: Rally Yellow 2012 ZL1
Same here. unplug, plug back in ... temporarily fixed 80% of the time.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:50 AM   #5
camarograna2
Car Enthusiast

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow Camaro 2SS A/T
Send a message via MSN to camarograna2
Guys please visit this thread. Maybe it would be helpful to post there.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=31235&page=37
Old 05-01-2012, 08:54 AM   #6
Pur3vil

Yeah, I know that it fixes it temporarily, it's just a little awkward to do while driving. Plus if I have the system up and it starts, I'm worried that it will damage a speaker. It does suck that you can't just turn the radio off and back on. I haven't noticed it when I use my USB stick instead of my iPod, so it probably is something in the iPod code in the PDIM, or maybe a signal back feeding into the iPod itself. I guess if I get too tired of it, I can always go aftermarket and replace the whole system, but I'd rather it just work...
Old 05-01-2012, 09:02 AM   #7
camarograna2
Car Enthusiast

Definitely is something with the camaro hardware. I went aftermarket and absolutely no issues. On top of those issues already mentioned when I was factory it would also freeze my iPod. To the point I had to wait till battery drain so it could reboot. This happened once a week. That has not happened at all since I went aftermarket .
Old 05-01-2012, 09:02 AM   #8
Pur3vil

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarograna2 View Post
Guys please visit this thread. Maybe it would be helpful to post there.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=31235&page=37
I thought about using that thread, but it was all about older versions of the PDIM having the issue. I'm on the latest version and still have the issue, so I started my own thread to see if anyone else had the same problem. Believe me, I've been through most of the PDIM posts on the forum following the issues, which is what lead me to getting mine updated in the first place. It's just disappointing that I have worse problems after the update than I did before. I would occasionally get a little bit of static/crackling before the update, but now it over powers the entire song so that all I can hear is the static.

I did see a comment in that thread about using the apple cable instead of the belkin cable fixing the issue, but I've been using the apple cable from the beginning. In any case, thanks for pointing us back to the other thread. There is some useful information in there depending on what PDIM version you are on and how long you have been following the issue.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:04 AM   #9
Pur3vil

I've had it freeze my iPod too, but was able to do a hard reset by holding the center button and menu for 5 seconds. I am on an iPod Classic, so if you have a different model, the reset sequence may be different.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:30 AM   #10
Rangore

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS 45th Anniversary Ed
Does it sometimes...2-3 times in 6 months with my iPhone 4.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:40 AM   #11
Cheetah

Drives: Camaro Rs
I dont think it has to do with camaro , because i tried to use the other option , audio cabel and i heard static noise in the back , it wasnt clear at all
Cheetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:37 PM   #12
camarograna2
Car Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pur3vil View Post
I've had it freeze my iPod too, but was able to do a hard reset by holding the center button and menu for 5 seconds. I am on an iPod Classic, so if you have a different model, the reset sequence may be different.

Yeah I have the IPOD Classic. I would try to hold the center button but it would just stay frozen. I use to think the freezing problem was my old IPOD but since I went aftermarket it has not froze.

Also since I went aftermarket I've had 0 issues with the cracking popping noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheetah View Post
I dont think it has to do with camaro , because i tried to use the other option , audio cabel and i heard static noise in the back , it wasnt clear at all

Hmm well I dont think Pur3vil was talking about the audio cable (3.5 mm jack) but instead the USB Cable.

Quote:
I did see a comment in that thread about using the apple cable instead of the belkin cable fixing the issue, but I've been using the apple cable from the beginning.

Pur3vil - Yeah I would use the apple cable as well so that wasnt the issue
Old 05-01-2012, 03:22 PM   #13
Pur3vil

Looks like it's time to start saving up for an aftermarket system then...

camarograna2, how are you liking that 9990? It looks impressive. How restrictive is the visibility to the 4 pack with the scosche? and did you ever get the steering wheel controls to work?
Old 05-01-2012, 03:54 PM   #14
camarograna2
Car Enthusiast

Quote:
how are you liking that 9990? It looks impressive.

love the 9990. Its faster than the 9980. My sound guy tuned it really good.

Quote:
How restrictive is the visibility to the 4 pack with the scosche? and did you ever get the steering wheel controls to work?

restricts about 1/3 of the top gauges. Guess if you are taller you would see less.

Quote:
did you ever get the steering wheel controls to work?

The 9990 had a change in the steering wheel wire from the 9980. Guess my installer or someone else had already notified them cause they already working on the fix. They said hopefully by 1 -2 weeks. Note the latest firmware is IO:50 SW:68 which fixed the SWC issue for the 9980 radio. Price I pay for having the latest radio !