Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-23-2010, 09:22 PM   #15
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
I'm curious to see other dyno test with these headers.. Seems like awesome gains, if I could get more than 5hp/tq with these, then it seems like these are the shortys to get.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:21 PM   #16
John VS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT CGM, IOM Int.
Quote:
I'm curious to see other dyno test with these headers.
I'd love to see them too. I believe at this moment I have the only set. I could be wrong, but I think this is the first production batch.

Next month I will be getting an intake (Injen unless Vararam comes through). If I can find someone in OC who'll give me dyno time at a good price, I would love to run it again for comparison. So if there's anyone who reads this who knows a place to get a dyno done in OC, let me know.
John VS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:17 PM   #17
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
YeeHaw!!!

Nice job!

Thanks for posting your info!
Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:12 AM   #18
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorAirForce View Post
scrming, just curious what gains did you see with your shorty headers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Not much... Mrray13 showed about 5 rwhp... I seen a small improvement in my 0-60....

Yep ~ 5rwhp and 8lb-ft of torque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorAirForce View Post
Even with the Trifecta tune you didn't see much? I mean 5rwhp isn't that bad, but anything below that..

Never ran them with the tune, so no idea what they would have produced. I'd guess another 2-3 rwhp and 2-3lb-ft of torque.

Quote:
Yep.... But it sounds so good!!!!! in fact I am sitting on my front porch randomly remote starting my car so I can listen to it!!! (digging this iPad thing.. Lol)

Yes they did! Definitely a nice aggressive note!

All that said, I'm not for sure the DTs will make much more power then the JBAs did. Those numbers look really, really good though, and I hope they are accurate. Of course, like scrming hinted at, different dynos, different results, lol.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:58 PM   #19
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrray13 View Post

All that said, I'm not for sure the DTs will make much more power then the JBAs did. Those numbers look really, really good though, and I hope they are accurate. Of course, like scrming hinted at, different dynos, different results, lol.
Stupid variables
Old 04-24-2010, 06:36 PM   #20
Wizzer

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey
Quote:
Yep.... But it sounds so good!!!!! in fact I am sitting on my front porch randomly remote starting my car so I can listen to it!!! (digging this iPad thing.. Lol)

lol Nice.. I was checking my posts on the Ipad also. Makes a lazy man lazier now. Now i don't even have to sit upright at my desk to check the internet. Now I can lay on the couch.

Now they just need Ibeer.

Wizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 06:53 PM   #21
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzer View Post
lol Nice.. I was checking my posts on the Ipad also. Makes a lazy man lazier now. Now i don't even have to sit upright at my desk to check the internet. Now I can lay on the couch.

Now they just need Ibeer.

Got the IWife to get the beer...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:03 PM   #22
csjcsj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
How much different does it sound with the shorties. and do you still have stock exhaust, or an after market. give us a vid of the sound.........
Old 04-24-2010, 08:56 PM   #23
John VS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT CGM, IOM Int.
Okay, I promised I'd report on the sound/power changes.

Both are noticeable improvements. The sound is dramatically different. I've put 7000 miles on the car with just the DT Catback, so I know how this car sounds. The headers really changed things. It's actually quieter at cruising speeds and the rasp I would sometimes get around 4500 rpm is basically gone. I would describe the sound as smooth.

It's not boomy or intrusive in the cabin, but it roars when you step on it. I made a little video that gives a sense of it. If anyone knows how to embed this, please do:

As for the power, there is a difference. The dyno shows about a 8-14% gain in torque. I'd say that's about what if feels like. 10% isn't overwhelming but it is noticeable. If I had a Dashawk, I suspect I'd have dropped at least a 10th of my 0-60 time.

I did do a run on the on-ramp from 0-70. Usually when I punch it, the tires chirp a bit before they catch. This time, I heard them rotate on the pavement. It sounded like pulling a single sheet of paper out of a pack and the car slid over a bit before it caught pavement.

So, the sound is fantastic (to my ears). The power increase is there. I wish I could confirm it on the track, but the nearest one is an hour away. Hopefully I'll be able to afford another dyno run after I get my intake replaced.
John VS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 09:07 PM   #24
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Got the IWife to get the beer...

Old 04-24-2010, 10:09 PM   #25
csjcsj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
Sounds good. Almost sounds like my LS3 does ont he inside upon acceleration. Thanks for the video......
Old 04-24-2010, 10:51 PM   #26
deljaso

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by John VS View Post
Okay, I promised I'd report on the sound/power changes.

Both are noticeable improvements. The sound is dramatically different. I've put 7000 miles on the car with just the DT Catback, so I know how this car sounds. The headers really changed things. It's actually quieter at cruising speeds and the rasp I would sometimes get around 4500 rpm is basically gone. I would describe the sound as smooth.

It's not boomy or intrusive in the cabin, but it roars when you step on it. I made a little video that gives a sense of it. If anyone knows how to embed this, please do:

As for the power, there is a difference. The dyno shows about a 8-14% gain in torque. I'd say that's about what if feels like. 10% isn't overwhelming but it is noticeable. If I had a Dashawk, I suspect I'd have dropped at least a 10th of my 0-60 time.

I did do a run on the on-ramp from 0-70. Usually when I punch it, the tires chirp a bit before they catch. This time, I heard them rotate on the pavement. It sounded like pulling a single sheet of paper out of a pack and the car slid over a bit before it caught pavement.

So, the sound is fantastic (to my ears). The power increase is there. I wish I could confirm it on the track, but the nearest one is an hour away. Hopefully I'll be able to afford another dyno run after I get my intake replaced.

Great video, thanks! It sounds really good. Do you have any pics of the headers?
deljaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:57 PM   #27
3GPa

Drives: SOLD/2SS/RS Painted Rally Stripes
Great Job on the video.. Sounds awesome man!
3GPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:56 PM   #28
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Sounds great, I'm really considering this!