Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 10-27-2010, 09:52 AM   #29
IPS Brandon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS black
Send a message via AIM to IPS Brandon
We will be using this system in one of our current IPS twin turbo Camaros we are building here at the shop. Our intention is to finish some testing on the unit along with creating a full bolt on 1000+ horsepower fuel system. I will post pictures as product arrives early next week.

Regards
IPS Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:22 AM   #30
SRT10KLLR

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
Always that quest for more.After watching 1400-1900whp Lambo's this weekend ,I gotta do something!!

Fore makes a beautiful system,just not sure what they intend to do with the FPCM !
What is the FPCM? And what does it do?
SRT10KLLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:53 AM   #31
IPS Brandon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS black
Send a message via AIM to IPS Brandon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT10KLLR View Post
What is the FPCM? And what does it do?
Fuel Pressure Control Module - and in an an abbreviated definition it is does exactly what is described in its name, controlling the dutycyles and pulse width modulated return less pump assembly.

regards
IPS Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:57 AM   #32
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Thanks for addressing the data you had on FPCM's. At least consideration is made. We did note that the LPE System was using the FPCM from a GM Truck. Wiring (or rewiring was a pain in the ass) but is functioning very well with BAP wired in before and does pass thru voltage if it was needed. We are well below demand requirements at 650 RWHP and will see what happens after break in and we move the boost back up to where it belongs and we hit nearly 800 HP. The most important thing is that folks are starting to realize that BAP's are not the answer. It seems like I have seen a lot of friends burning up their motors needlessly due to improper advice regarding Fuel Delivery. Keep up the work to provide tested and positive results.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:43 PM   #33
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
Thanks for addressing the data you had on FPCM's. At least consideration is made. We did note that the LPE System was using the FPCM from a GM Truck. Wiring (or rewiring was a pain in the ass) but is functioning very well with BAP wired in before and does pass thru voltage if it was needed. We are well below demand requirements at 650 RWHP and will see what happens after break in and we move the boost back up to where it belongs and we hit nearly 800 HP. The most important thing is that folks are starting to realize that BAP's are not the answer. It seems like I have seen a lot of friends burning up their motors needlessly due to improper advice regarding Fuel Delivery. Keep up the work to provide tested and positive results.
What boosta pump are you running with that FPCM.I was not aware that there was a single boostapump rated for the current draw of 2 fuel pumps.
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:05 PM   #34
2010 SS RS

Quote:
What boosta pump are you running with that FPCM.I was not aware that there was a single boostapump rated for the current draw of 2 fuel pumps.
Andy, we have a MSD BAP wired in but not boosting anything as it appears that it is not needed. We have plenty of flow and pressure. Dyno and more measurements on Thursday afternoon so I will let you know what we find out. So Andy, I think the LPE and your system are identical if not the same. GM Truck FPCM and major rewiring of plug. Should i disconnect the BAP. I was under the impression that I could if need be turn the Voltage up if required. But I can understand that the amps could fall short on two pumps...did not really think about that. Still learning probably always will be. Just know that the BAP's were not all that effective with the stock FPCM when real measurements were taken and they were way different than the tuner was seeing on the computer and with some research and specifically some of the HP Tuner experts out there conclusively determined the problem was the stock FPCM. I have another friend that had his Vortec BAP wired post FPCM but was blowing fuses and now has a 40 amp fuse in and thinks it is working for him. Unload on us..I know you know what is going on and what we need to do. Curious
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
Old 11-02-2010, 09:13 PM   #35
ADM PERFORMANCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
Andy, we have a MSD BAP wired in but not boosting anything as it appears that it is not needed. We have plenty of flow and pressure. Dyno and more measurements on Thursday afternoon so I will let you know what we find out. So Andy, I think the LPE and your system are identical if not the same. GM Truck FPCM and major rewiring of plug. Should i disconnect the BAP. I was under the impression that I could if need be turn the Voltage up if required. But I can understand that the amps could fall short on two pumps...did not really think about that. Still learning probably always will be. Just know that the BAP's were not all that effective with the stock FPCM when real measurements were taken and they were way different than the tuner was seeing on the computer and with some research and specifically some of the HP Tuner experts out there conclusively determined the problem was the stock FPCM. I have another friend that had his Vortec BAP wired post FPCM but was blowing fuses and now has a 40 amp fuse in and thinks it is working for him. Unload on us..I know you know what is going on and what we need to do. Curious
We make 725-750rwhp with our dual fuel pump system,We make over 1000 with our dual fuel pump system with 2 kennebell boosta pumps and a regulator with a return line and NO FPCM.

Your best to remove the boosta pump in my opinion.I dont think your blower will make more han 750 rwhp,But we will see
Old 11-02-2010, 09:14 PM   #36
ADM PERFORMANCE

Quote:
We make 725-750rwhp with our dual fuel pump system,We make over 1000 with our dual fuel pump system with 2 kennebell boosta pumps and a regulator with a return line and NO FPCM.

Your best to remove the boosta pump in my opinion.I dont think your blower will make more han 750 rwhp,But we will see

BTW,I am here to help with anything you need.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:48 AM   #37
2010 SS RS

Quote:
BTW,I am here to help with anything you need.
Thanks Andy, As you know the instructions are pretty detailed but dont really even discuss the use of a BAP. What would the wiring diagram of a dual BAP look like into a FPCM or is that completely not recommended. I assume if wired directly into the pumps eliminating the FPCM you just place one to each pump and eliminate the parallel wiring of the system.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:07 PM   #38
Total_Perf_Eng

Drives: Corvette
Send a message via AIM to Total_Perf_Eng
Andy,
Kenne Bell makes a competition boost-a-pump, that is actually 2 completely seperate BAP's in one housing. They make them in both 17.5V and 20V.
So if you had 2 pumps, you could independently run 2 seperate BAP's, at the same time.
On a side note, Autometer has a new Boost gauge coming out, that has 2 seperate trigger wires built in. You can set the on or off point on the gauge. This would allow you to independently activate each BAP at different boost settings. Its really cool. Weve been playing with it for a few weeks now, and it works like a charm.
Quote:
Total_Perf_Eng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 07:26 PM   #39
walkermuffler

Drives: 2010 ss
my new pump! threw the stock tank out!

i may be crazy but was tired of the pump arguements! just installed new system!
Attached Images

walkermuffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 11:33 PM   #40
2010 SS RS

Nice set up....what is the capacity?
Old 11-07-2010, 08:15 AM   #41
walkermuffler

Drives: 2010 ss
12 gallons!
walkermuffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 08:23 AM   #42
2010 SS RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkermuffler View Post
12 gallons!
I totally agree with the giving up part. So many different suggestions, theories, and opinions regarding fuel delivery. All I know is I must be flowing some fuel now cause my tank empties in about 180 miles and i dont have any spots on the ground from it leaking out..bhahahaahaha. I am not sure I could get by with only 12 gallons of fuel. That would give me a range like a Chevy Volt on a charge. Anyway...I really like the install you did or had done. Looks clean and very servicable.