Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

View Poll Results: if you definitely want a cylinder please chose V6 or SS. need to figure out how many
I own a V6 20 20.83%
I own a V6 but will wait for a core exchange 7 7.29%
I own a SS 50 52.08%
I own a SS but will wait for a core exchange 21 21.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-29-2012, 12:26 PM   #15
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Drives: 2015 ZL1 6 speed
Send a message via AIM to IDEALG
I tested the clutch master cylinder today and it feels really good doesnt grab as close to the floor like the stock master. Shifts smooth just stepping on the clutch easy. I dont have to step all the way to the floor when shifting.

now I did 8 high rpm pulls from first to second ranging from 5800 rpm to redline stepping on clutch to the floor but not slamming it to the floor like previously posted in other threads. I had no grind issue!

This master cylinder flows more fluid and feels better then stock.

What i'm looking for is a volunteer. I want to install one of my master cylinders in someone elses car and see if it works for them.

So heres the deal:

I need one volunteer
you car must have a stock trans and i would like a stock clutch but i will accept an aftermarket clutch
and your car must only grind second gear at high rpm shifting only. If it grinds during regular driving or low rpm shifting i wont test it on your car.
you get to keep the master cylinder for free for being a test sample.

who would like to volunteer?
it will take me a few days to get another master cylinder built.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:29 PM   #16
1stGM

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS M6
Sending you a PM shortly...
Old 03-29-2012, 12:33 PM   #17
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
I've got a maggie, but the car's drive train is other wise stock with stock clutch.

It needs a fluid change but I'll give it a go if you need a volunteer.

The only problem I've had with mine is the clutch pedal sticking to the floor under heavy braking and down shifting at the same time.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:41 PM   #18
toml_pa
ʇuɐıʌǝp lɐıɔos

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3/M6
If you don't mind, exactly how was the master cylinder modified to enable more flow? Longer stroke or was the fluid intake or output passage bored/drilled to a bigger diameter?
toml_pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:43 PM   #19
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
I've got a maggie, but the car's drive train is other wise stock with stock clutch.

It needs a fluid change but I'll give it a go if you need a volunteer.

The only problem I've had with mine is the clutch pedal sticking to the floor under heavy braking and down shifting at the same time.
i'm not sure why you would get the clutch pedal sticking i have heard of this before a lot but mine has never done it.

I just ordered a new master and i wont get it until about 4 days from now dont know why it takes that long but i had to wait that long for the first one. then i have to take it apart and rebuild the insides.
also i see your in florida? I need someone to come here at my shop , i want to install it myself and make sure everything is blead right. i dont need to drive the car the owner can drive it during the testing.

anyone who is close to me and wants to volunteer pm me and when the master comes in im going to pick one of you and we will test it.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:50 PM   #20
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toml_pa View Post
If you don't mind, exactly how was the master cylinder modified to enable more flow? Longer stroke or was the fluid intake or output passage bored/drilled to a bigger diameter?

Tom i 'd rather not get into that right now. it has a little more to do with it then just boring it out. If it works and i have to start making these I'm going to have to find a cost convienent way to make these. once we know it works I can get on that though.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:06 PM   #21
toml_pa
ʇuɐıʌǝp lɐıɔos

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEALG View Post
Tom i 'd rather not get into that right now. it has a little more to do with it then just boring it out. If it works and i have to start making these I'm going to have to find a cost convienent way to make these. once we know it works I can get on that though.
I understand. If this solves the problem, please go ahead and put me on the list.
toml_pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:32 PM   #22
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
i'm not sure why you would get the clutch pedal sticking i have heard of this before a lot but mine has never done it.

I just ordered a new master and i wont get it until about 4 days from now dont know why it takes that long but i had to wait that long for the first one. then i have to take it apart and rebuild the insides.
also i see your in florida? I need someone to come here at my shop , i want to install it myself and make sure everything is blead right. i dont need to drive the car the owner can drive it during the testing.

anyone who is close to me and wants to volunteer pm me and when the master comes in im going to pick one of you and we will test it.
I understand completely. Put me on the list when you are ready.

My clutch problem is from the shared reservoir and the fluid getting too hot under heavy braking cycles...

It's only happened a couple times and never on fresh fluid.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:37 PM   #23
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

And for those of you who dont already know, buying a remote bleeder for your slave cylinder works like a charm for bleeding your clutch and flushing fluid. makes life 100 times easier.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:02 PM   #24
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
How much those run?
Old 03-29-2012, 04:44 PM   #25
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

I don't have a price yet. Part of the procedure to do this is costly doing one at a time. I'm trying to figure out how to do it cheaper doing 50 at a time. But I want to make sure it's going to work for everyone first
Old 03-29-2012, 04:45 PM   #26
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Or were you asking about a remote bleeder?
Old 03-29-2012, 04:48 PM   #27
kencam

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Maggie Rally Yellow
How high a rpm are we talking about? I'll see if I suffer the problem.

BTW, this Sat is on.

Quote:
I tested the clutch master cylinder today and it feels really good doesnt grab as close to the floor like the stock master. Shifts smooth just stepping on the clutch easy. I dont have to step all the way to the floor when shifting.

now I did 8 high rpm pulls from first to second ranging from 5800 rpm to redline stepping on clutch to the floor but not slamming it to the floor like previously posted in other threads. I had no grind issue!

This master cylinder flows more fluid and feels better then stock.

What i'm looking for is a volunteer. I want to install one of my master cylinders in someone elses car and see if it works for them.

So heres the deal:

I need one volunteer
you car must have a stock trans and i would like a stock clutch but i will accept an aftermarket clutch
and your car must only grind second gear at high rpm shifting only. If it grinds during regular driving or low rpm shifting i wont test it on your car.
you get to keep the master cylinder for free for being a test sample.

who would like to volunteer?
it will take me a few days to get another master cylinder built.
kencam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:17 PM   #28
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

5000 rpm and up