Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-01-2012, 07:16 AM   #15
akCamaross

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
so you guys are saying if i put a cat back on and say ..knock on wood.. that my transmission goes can they turn me down for that?
akCamaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:17 AM   #16
Brutal SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by akCamaross View Post
so you guys are saying if i put a cat back on and say ..knock on wood.. that my transmission goes can they turn me down for that?
I don't see how. They have to prove that the alteration caused the damage.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:20 AM   #17
metthem

Drives: 2011 LS
I put on axle backs and had a problem with my car idling funny (eventually ended up being the PCM), they tried to blame it on the back pressure from the aftermarket exhausts, I had to go back to the muffler shop and have them remount the OEM mufflers, then take it back to the dealer. The muffler shop welded 'sleeves' onto my oem mufflers so now I can easily switch back and forth in case I have future problems. But since then, I have too many mods to try to go back to stock, oh well.
Trifecta tune, CAI intake, ADM Race Scoop, Doug Thorley Shorties, Solo High Flow Cats, Magnaflow resonated X-pipe, Flowmaster AMT axle back, Gary's custom front bowtie, rear bowtie delete, tinted windows, headlights, and taillights, debadged fenders, gunmetal gills, gunmetal tailgate (CAMARO)
metthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:22 AM   #18
metthem

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
You would basically void your exhaust warranty from the cat back. But since none of that would be factory anyway, that would not be an issue. Your tranny warranty and your paint warranty, and your seat warranty, and your radio warranty would all still be good.
Trifecta tune, CAI intake, ADM Race Scoop, Doug Thorley Shorties, Solo High Flow Cats, Magnaflow resonated X-pipe, Flowmaster AMT axle back, Gary's custom front bowtie, rear bowtie delete, tinted windows, headlights, and taillights, debadged fenders, gunmetal gills, gunmetal tailgate (CAMARO)
metthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:24 AM   #19
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Quote:
They shouldn't.

Unless...... your catback jumps off the car, jams itself into the trans casing, lodges itself in the gears, etc etc

But, the best place to get the correct answer would be your service department's manager at the dealership you would go to for warranty work.

Also as said above, they have to determine that whatever fails was a direct result of the modification. Example; your catback exhaust melts the wiring that goes to the transmission as a result of the new pipes touching them. That may not be covered. Hope that helps.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:30 AM   #20
akCamaross

Thanks everyone, helps alot!
Old 06-01-2012, 09:30 AM   #21
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Apparently this is a common question, but i bought a 2011 Camaro SS about a month ago. I am tired of not being able to hear my car and think it is about time to put some better pipes on her. I have heard many different things like you can have axle back, or cat back. i have also heard that you must have your dealership install all parts and they must be SLP brand of exhaust.
Some aftermarket engine performance products and modifications promise a way to increase the horsepower and torque levels of a vehicle's powertrain. The products may have detrimental effects on the performance and life of the engine, exhaust, emission system, transmission, and drivetrain.

Engine power enhancement products may enable the engine to operate at horsepower and torque levels that could damage, create failure, or reduce the life of the engine, engine emission system, transmission and drivetrain.

Damage, failure, or reduced life of the engine, transmission emission system, drivetrain or other vehicle components caused by aftermarket engine performance enhancement products or modifications cannot be covered under the vehicle warranty or GMPP plan.
I hope this information was helpful.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 06-01-2012, 10:23 AM   #22
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
LS3 or L99? This question has nothing to do with warranty, but it if you have the L99. I recommend searching and reading about the AFM noise increase with an exhaust mod.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:07 PM   #23
akCamaross

Nahh it is a LS3.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:44 PM   #24
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Catback = no worries.
I have never heard of anyone being denied major warranty work because of a catback exhaust. My dealership will put a Corsa catback on your brand new just purchased car if you want it.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro ss, exhaust, full exhaust, headers, warranty