Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-26-2013, 04:04 PM   #1
Macina

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT AGM
Another exhaust question...

Im still waiting for my -14 2SS/RS
But mods starting to arrive. I've settled on LT headers without cats, and im thinking of connecting them to the factory mid pipes and eventually change to a custom axleback system.

Will this setup give a bad drone? Does it depend on the axle back? Do you recommend a x-pipe instead of the factory h-pipe?

Im a real noob on v8 engines but this forum is learning me alot.

But its also making my wallet alot thinner!! :p
Mods to date, cai inc cai, obx LT headers, sct x3 tuner, 1le steering wheel, 1le shift knob/boot..
"only" 156 until my ss arrives! Go time go!
Mods: OBX 1.7/8" LT headers, No cats, SW retro chambered cat back, CAI inc cai, JRE Scoop, roto-fab wb relo kit, RX catch can, Vmax ported TB, 1LE steering wheel, 1LE shift knob/boot, SCT tuner, Anthracite plasti dipped wheels, Apex/Pfadt 1.25" lowering springs.
Macina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:10 PM   #2
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Drives: 2001 Ws6
Your Lt's will come with mid pipes. You cannot connect the stock "mid pipes" to your headers. You can bolt the mid pipes to your stock exhaust.

Don't forget the tune.
2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.
litle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:12 PM   #3
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
There will be no drone with the factory cat back, that usually comes when you change to the aftermarket cat back or muffler delete. Do youself a favor and wait till you get your car before you spend too much on mods. You might actually like the sound of stock exhaust with headers. Also, headers w/o cats tend to be a bit raspy.......might rethink that as well. Good luck and have fun!
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote