Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-15-2013, 05:31 PM   #29
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Drives: 2001 Ws6
^^^your conclusion, it's debatable. 4 months?
2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.
litle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:42 PM   #30
white ZL1

Drives: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLSS View Post
The dynos that I've seen show better numbers than anything else.
Please share them.
white ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:49 PM   #31
62nalide

Drives: 2013 SS
Quote:
I spent 4 months researching LTs and I came to the conclusion that Pfadt makes the best overall header. Pfadt makes a flawless product. If I had the money, I would have chosen them hands down. The welds and design are second to none. New leaders in LTs IMHO. The dynos that I've seen show better numbers than anything else.

Are you a tuner/builder? Did you spent 4 months dynoing every header out there? Or you read it online?
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:49 PM   #32
ATLSS
12 Camaro 1SS

Drives: Camaro 1SS
^^^ and your opinion is is probably bias seeing as though you've got Kooks in your signature. I called on several vendors and LS shops all over the country and those that had experience with them all had the same to say about Pfadt. I don't own Kooks and I don't own pfadt. My opinion, as you say is "debatable", is also objective. I'm always open for new facts and stats but everything I've read, heard, and seen all point to Pfadt as superior.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:55 PM   #33
ATLSS
12 Camaro 1SS

A little late on the trigger I guess. Lol. Anyways, I'm not a tuner and I not a builder just OCD when it comes to expensive parts. I'm not hear to argue with the kooks worshipers just putting in my 2 cents. Kooks, undoubtedly, makes an incredible product and no one can take that away from them or their owners. They have been a leader in headers for a long time. I just honestly believe there is a new "king of the hill".
Old 10-15-2013, 06:00 PM   #34
62nalide

Drives: 2013 SS
Quote:
A little late on the trigger I guess. Lol. Anyways, I'm not a tuner and I not a builder just OCD when it comes to expensive parts. I'm not hear to argue with the kooks worshipers just putting in my 2 cents. Kooks, undoubtedly, makes an incredible product and no one can take that away from them or their owners. They have been a leader in headers for a long time. I just honestly believe there is a new "king of the hill".
After 15yrs of doing this I haven't seen a new "KING OF THE HILL" in headers. But if your happy with that product thats great whatever floats your boat. Nothing wrong with that but I still see $300 headers perform just as great as expensive "BRANDS" but i can respect your OPINION
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:17 PM   #35
ATLSS
12 Camaro 1SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62nalide View Post
After 15yrs of doing this I haven't seen a new "KING OF THE HILL" in headers. But if your happy with that product thats great whatever floats your boat. Nothing wrong with that but I still see $300 headers perform just as great as expensive "BRANDS" but i can respect your OPINION
I agree with you 100% chief! I have Stainless Power LTs on my SS, what they call a value brand, but the OP asked the question and I gave my opinion. I don't see spending $1600 on a non moving part but if I was made of money, I'd go with Pfadt.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:10 PM   #36
LS3 SS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
Quote:
I spent 4 months researching LTs and I came to the conclusion that Pfadt makes the best overall header. Pfadt makes a flawless product. If I had the money, I would have chosen them hands down. The welds and design are second to none. New leaders in LTs IMHO. The dynos that I've seen show better numbers than anything else.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:24 PM   #37
LSXaddict

Drives: 1ss in Blue Ray Metallic
I read through that whole thread and I have to say I agree with LG. But my agreement with LG also brings me to the conclusion that TSP is unbeatable for price, fitment, quality, and performance
Old 10-15-2013, 08:44 PM   #38
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
These threads make me cringe anymore. It's like asking what football team is best, or who makes the best shoes. Members will post what they have or intend to buy as the best. Vendors will promote whatever brand they sell the most of.

My thought is, there are 4-5 premium header brands out there that will make within the margin of error on a dyno power wise. Really it comes down to the price, and the company behind the product. We sell a lot of Kooks and SW, and I am very confident that they provide the best value for our customers. If anyone has any questions, feel free to contact us.

Thanks!
MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:23 PM   #39
kmm1412
The Bolt-On Beast

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IBM w/CGM Stripes
No offense to many of the vendors on here who I have purchased items from with great satisfaction but, as I know many of them do not carry them, even though they may sell the Kooks line, the Kooks Signature custom stepped headers are the real deal for performance. My tuner sells Kooks, but doesn't carry their stepped headers, and can vouch for it with all the 5th gens he has tuned.
MODS - 1LE Track Pack Suspension Upgrade|Kooks Custom Stepped Headers & HFCs|Cold Air Inductions Black CAI|ADM Performance Scoop|Vmax IBM CNC Ported Throttle Body|Rx Extreme IBM Catch Can & Breather|Borla S-Type Catback Exhaust w/Solo J-pipes|IBM Heritage Grill|LG ZL1 10 Spoke Replica Wheels w/Goodyear Supercar G2 Tires|Z/TA Rear Spoiler|463RWHP/459RWTQ Tune by Dale Cherry

kmm1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:51 PM   #40
Rage
TRI-COUNTY CAMARO... FTW!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6 Cyber Grey
LG superPro 1 7/8 primaries. Love the sound, fitment, and power.
CAI inc. cold air intake, LG G6x3 cam, Patriot Gold Extreme Dual springs, Titanium retainers and locks, LG SuperPro 1 7/8 Long Tube headers with full 3" exhaust, DynoMax VT mufflers, SLP 4" tips, Moroso catch can, Race Ready electronic exhaust cut outs, Full painted Razzi body kit, Headlight Armor Smoke taillight and marker blackouts, T-Rex aluminum upper and lower grille, Polished aluminum front and rear bowties. Professionally installed and Dyno Tuned by HorsePower Sales, Pompano Beach FL.
Rage is offline   Reply With Quote