Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 07-20-2010, 03:11 PM   #1
mtdew

Drives: 2010 Synergy Edition
Thumbs up My Experience with AAC

After looking through the forums I saw some bad reviews of AAC but there seemed to be plenty of good reviews to counter them so I decided to place an order, here is what happened.

I went small, just in case something went horribly wrong I didn't want to have hundreds invested. I ordered an ambient lighting kit and some colored LED replacements. Ordering was smooth and got a tracking number right away. When the package arrived it did not look good, it looked as if it had been stepped on by an elephant. Sure enough the CCFL tubes were crushed and the LEDS as well as some of the mounting hardware had "escaped" in the gap created by the crushed box.

UPS ships MILLIONS of packages and while I am not sure what the exact rate is for the number of packages they damage, I don't imagine that it is a very high percentage. I am sure it is low enough that AAC correctly has the confidence to ship packages with them. Unfortunately a package damaged in transit is beyond the control of the folks at AAC, what is within their control is how they respond to the issue.

I emailed them right away and got a quick response. A call tag was issued for the damaged package/parts and they shipped out the replacements. When I got the replacement parts they were wrapped in extra bubble wrap, not sure that would have helped had this package suffered the same fate as the first but I appreciated the effort. Through this process they were always quick to respond to my emails/questions and when I got the replacement package there were some parts missing. :( But again they were quick to respond to my emails and to make it right. I go the missing parts today and am looking forward to doing the install this weekend.

I could be upset about crushed packages but that sort of thing happens when you buy online, you gotta roll with it, besides I cant be mad at AAC for what UPS does. What stands out for me is the customer service and the effort they put in to making it right.

Based on my experience I would recommend shopping with AAC, they support their customers, they have a presence here in the C5 forums, unless of course you are high strung and think that shopping online is exactly the same as running down to Pep Boys... in that case you should probably just stick to what you can get at Pep Boys and save yourself any stress that you might get from a different experience. But if you want top quality products from a company that cares and stands behind them, then you should feel free to give AAC your business.
mtdew is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aac, aacstyle, advanced automotive concepts, review