Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-02-2013, 12:59 AM   #1
JWKVORTEC350

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS A6
E-Cutouts recommendation

Hey guys, I've been reading quite a bit about electric cutouts on here and other forums, but I don't find any real recent threads on the subject, so I figured I would start my own.

What electric cutouts are people running these days?
I always thought I'd buy DMH, but I'm now reading that their once excellent customer service has gone down, and the company is actually out of business??

I was considering race ready bc of lifetime warranty.

Any recommendations?

I have kooks LT headers with hf cats, xpipe, and flowmaster 10 mufflers right now and I'd love to make it crazy loud with the push of a button.

Heritage Grille - Flowmaster 10 series Delta force race mufflers - magnaflow x- pipe - resonator delete -rotofab - moproauto bumblebee stripes - tint

Future mods: tune, Kooks longtubes
JWKVORTEC350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:07 AM   #2
Falundir

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE - Hyper Blue, P85DL
NOWEEDS is the go to for top quality, however that quality comes at a high price.
Falundir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:00 AM   #3
SSMickey

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falundir View Post
NOWEEDS is the go to for top quality, however that quality comes at a high price.

There is also QTP, which seems to have a nice following also. That's what I'm running. NOWEEDS and QTP are very different though. NOWEEDS is a diverter, where as QTP is a cut out.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:12 AM   #4
JWKVORTEC350

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falundir View Post
Yeah, I've heard of noweeds. I don't doubt the excellent quality, but it's a little more than I want to spend on an exhaust mod. I'm more in the 3-400 dollar range.

Heritage Grille - Flowmaster 10 series Delta force race mufflers - magnaflow x- pipe - resonator delete -rotofab - moproauto bumblebee stripes - tint

Future mods: tune, Kooks longtubes
JWKVORTEC350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:13 AM   #5
tys2010camaro

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298046

Great thing about NOWEEDS is there is ZERO welding. They are very easy to install and all of the parts are top quality. You will not find one person on this forum who has purchased a set of NOWEEDS with any regrets.

They are more money but by the time you have to pay a shop to weld in other brands, your better off with NOWEEDS. IMO! Here is a killer deal!
tys2010camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:24 PM   #6
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
I've had my QTP's on for 4+ years and no problems. Install was pricey because of the welding that needed to be done. The shop that did mine had never installed cut-out's before, they didn't tell me that when I made the appointment. I can open the cut-out's from 10% to 100%, at 50% it's loud but not to loud, fully open it's loud.

Cut-out's are at the top of my list of must have mod's.

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote