Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 11-12-2012, 07:50 PM   #15
ZX1truth

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post
When I had the stock speakers, it did improve the sound quality...but I'm not audio expert. They just sounded "cleaner" to me.

I don't recall exactly, but I think I had different settings on the Filter Freq and Input Sens with the stock speakers.
Thanks Iwantone2........that's what I would of thought. Especially since you have good Alpine speakers.

LME built LSX427 w/t all Callies internals| AGP 65/65 TT | Holley Sniper Intake | Brodix BR3/LME custom ported | LME custom cam | Pro EFI 112 ECU | ID-1700x | NGK BR7EF | AGP's-Fore Triple Fuel pump | Monster LT1-S Triple | ZL1 3.23 diff, CF driveshaft, ZL1 axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw | Pfadt solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Ground Control camber/caster plates | Accelerated Racing Solutions tuned|
God is too good! I don't deserve it, but I sure will accept it!!!
ZX1truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:06 PM   #16
ZX1truth

Well ....I found out that JL AUDIO has a sine wavetest tone CD they talk about in the instruction manual that you can buy to use to baseline your input sens. It is JL part #97018. Just got it. Next week ......the install XD400.4 install with pics.
And then a amp tuning learning curve for noobs!

LME built LSX427 w/t all Callies internals| AGP 65/65 TT | Holley Sniper Intake | Brodix BR3/LME custom ported | LME custom cam | Pro EFI 112 ECU | ID-1700x | NGK BR7EF | AGP's-Fore Triple Fuel pump | Monster LT1-S Triple | ZL1 3.23 diff, CF driveshaft, ZL1 axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw | Pfadt solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Ground Control camber/caster plates | Accelerated Racing Solutions tuned|
Old 11-23-2012, 07:06 PM   #17
ZX1truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve@******** View Post
It also helps to zero out the head unit before tuning the new amp.
Well Steve....I know what that means now......reading up!

Old 11-23-2012, 09:17 PM   #18
ZX1truth

IWANTONE2....WERE these your stock speaker setting? Scroll down to see your post......

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=117769&page=5

Old 11-23-2012, 09:32 PM   #19
ZX1truth

Caverman .....your input was invalueable! It looks like the 80 to 120 db range is the sweet spot for stock speakers.....at least between what Iwantone2 and you have said. With these settings..did either one of you have a sub system set up yet?
Sooooooooo much fun!
I'm a rocker.....but I LOVE a clean sounding system.

Old 06-30-2013, 10:24 PM   #20
Camaroshark

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT, 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX1truth View Post
Caverman .....your input was invalueable! It looks like the 80 to 120 db range is the sweet spot for stock speakers.....at least between what Iwantone2 and you have said. With these settings..did either one of you have a sub system set up yet?
Sooooooooo much fun!
I'm a rocker.....but I LOVE a clean sounding system.

This is the exact thread I was looking for!!! Thank you

Steve's FARK kit arrived and I picked up the JL XD 400 amp today. Thursday, 4th of July is my day to install it and officially boot the BA amp.

You guys are awesome! Thank you!

I'm also already running a ******** stealth sub box with a kicker 400 amp and a kicker 12" woofer. This is the next step....

Last edited by Camaroshark; 07-01-2013 at 01:45 AM.
Camaroshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:33 PM   #21
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
great stuff - mine going in tomorrow with the ******** harnesses and ******** board..
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:08 PM   #22
Glen e

amp installed...so easy with the ******** stuff. Settings above work for me too. I applaud the guys using a lisc plate base but the ******** board is cut perfectly to take advantage of the amp bolt and tabs and looks perfect - all for $15. Mount it high and to the left. I beveled out the mounting tabs on the board with a dremel sanding drum to make it easy to slide in and out...but still tight when mounted

Click the harnesses into place and you have much clearer sound in my opin. The only tip I can pass on is it does not take much gain at all to get clear, loud sound. Like 25% of full gain range....Any louder and your gongs and car alerts blow you out of the car.... Using a amp'd sub, this is pretty damn good system for about $500 or so......very happy and worth it.

Last edited by Glen e; 07-01-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:37 PM   #23
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Wow...it seems like forever since this thread got started! Great to see that the XD400 is still an amp of choice. Mine's still running great and sounds pretty good, IMO
Old 07-04-2013, 08:16 PM   #24
Camaroshark

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT, 6speed
It's done boys and girls. This mod really wakes up the factory speakers. You can get far more clarity out of the system. Gains are set at about 25% and I can't turn it up past 25 to 30 without some pain... It's fantastic....

Steve: thanks for a fantastic product.

JL: Thanks for making a Fantastic amp!

Thanks to all of you on here for your assistance and tips...
Old 08-23-2013, 10:10 PM   #25
fourcammer

Drives: 7331
new to this .but here goes. I have the ba set up and the gm mtx sub set up .will the fark work with both?thanks maybe the fark guy can chime in
fourcammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:35 PM   #26
Glen e

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourcammer View Post
new to this .but here goes. I have the ba set up and the gm mtx sub set up .will the fark work with both?thanks maybe the fark guy can chime in
the fark is a harness - the JL amp will have a set of pass thru jacks that will send signal to the sub....

search fark ******** on you tube and have steve show you how it installs
Old 08-24-2013, 06:52 AM   #27
fourcammer

Drives: 7331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
the fark is a harness - the JL amp will have a set of pass thru jacks that will send signal to the sub....

search fark ******** on you tube and have steve show you how it installs
hey thanks. I appreciate you helping me out.
fourcammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:46 PM   #28
Stoneb1

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Ok maybe someone can chime in and help me, really green when it comes to audio install. I just bought the jl xd400 and the FARK harness. I am reading that I will still need to get power to the amp. How and where from? May sound like a dumb question, but really green and attempting the "do it myself" path.
Stoneb1 is offline   Reply With Quote