Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-03-2009, 06:50 PM   #99
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieEatsYou View Post
"undercoat only?" What? That's not the old "rust protection undercoat" scam is it?
Apparently. I can admit when I FAIL! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUR72GTO View Post
ALL of mine in the last 10 Years from GM.
Cool, cause I'll be asking my dealer flat out why they recomend it when GM is the opposit.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:17 PM   #100
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
...I just heard from my salesman. Apparently he didn't know the whole story...

Dude, you made a funny; or showed a sad reality.

:bangdesk:
Old 03-03-2009, 07:43 PM   #101
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
Oh, you are a prick... but I love it.
I was seriously wondering if I will have to shell out another $3K for clerical fees, but thanks for confiming that is only ~$300.

btw, I was not being a prick... just trying to figure out the numbers
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 07:45 PM   #102
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUR72GTO View Post
You betcha ...but there will be some who replace the actual sticker with a mock up.
Highly illegal, they can only add a additional sticker they cannot modify the factory sticker in any way....oh and they have to add that sticker to the car and disclose any additional costs before you start the paperwork or they cannot legally charge you for it.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:56 PM   #103
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell040 View Post
I was seriously wondering if I will have to shell out another $3K for clerical fees, but thanks for confiming that is only ~$300.

btw, I was not being a prick... just trying to figure out the numbers
See, I missed the fact that the number could easily be read without a decimal and thought you were making him look through all the paperwork for some fictitious number...you know, fine print...
Old 03-03-2009, 08:31 PM   #104
PQ
Booooosted.

Well, it's just a waiting game now. Priority 2 should at least make the wait a farely small one compared to some.

By the way, He told me yesterday that it was too late for changes, is this true? I'm only at 1100 so I should be able to right? Not that I want to but maybe I change to a different color.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:06 AM   #105
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Drives: IBM Tumbler
Quote:
Well, it's just a waiting game now. Priority 2 should at least make the wait a farely small one compared to some.

By the way, He told me yesterday that it was too late for changes, is this true? I'm only at 1100 so I should be able to right? Not that I want to but maybe I change to a different color.
I'm almost positive that you can change your order up until it gets pulled by the plant. Read this thread. I believe he talks about when it's too late to change your order. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14664

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Edmunds: "You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy?" LOL!!!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
http://camaro5rt.mybrute.com
RT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:12 AM   #106
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT21 View Post
I'm almost positive that you can change your order up until it gets pulled by the plant. Read this thread. I believe he talks about when it's too late to change your order. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14664
I read somewhere that once it passes 3000 literally one of the managers has to go out in the plant to stop your order. BUT if he does, you go to the back of the line children while the change is made...

That's just something I read; don't take it as Gospel until someone (hopefully from Oshawa) chimes in...
Old 03-04-2009, 08:41 AM   #107
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Drives: IBM Tumbler
Thanx TRM

Here is the quote from the thread link:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO_Z28 View Post
Well, it's about 830 AM here in the cold northeast. I think it said 13 degrees on my car's outside temperature display. I have my coffee and egg whites on a wrap and I'm ready to go this morning.

After being on this forum for a while, it's pretty exciting watching our first 2010 Camaro go thru the "birthing" process. So here we go for this morning.

Open up Global Connect and click on the "My Placed" link. This will show us all of the orders that ran thru the Pass One process last week. This is the last day for me to make any changes to those orders. If I don't make the necessary changes, I could easily end up with an assortment of generic orders. However, that rarely happens because even if I am on vacation, I either have someone else do it for me or I have internet access and can do it remotely.

But with the Camaro, I have never seen such hype over the order process and I'd better get this one right. I don't want to deal with some crazed Camaro nut who didn't get the proper equipment. I wouldn't do it wrong because of pride so the customer has very little to worry about anyway.

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Edmunds: "You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy?" LOL!!!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
http://camaro5rt.mybrute.com
RT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:19 AM   #108
VJCamaro
Please not have any Delay

Drives: 2SS, RS, Sunroof, Polished
Quote:

Red circle gaurantees the MSRP at time of order.

R6P: Early Order Activity Vehicle

Attachment 16473
I never checked to see if I have this on my Workbench sheet, but I'm just assuming shouldn't all of us have this code? Aren't we all Early Order's? I know what I'll be doing when I get home tonight. Verifying this on my Workbench! Comment's please.
VJCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:33 AM   #109
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJCamaro View Post
I never checked to see if I have this on my Workbench sheet, but I'm just assuming shouldn't all of us have this code? Aren't we all Early Order's? I know what I'll be doing when I get home tonight. Verifying this on my Workbench! Comment's please.
On my original order back in October the code didn't exist. It was added later to signify pre-orders. I would assume if you ordered then and now got another copy of your OrderWORKBENCH it will have automatically updated to include the R6P code.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:50 AM   #110
VJCamaro

Thanks for the comment/info TRM0002. by the way WTF is that in your pic? Is that a dog? Seriously, WTF is that???
Old 03-04-2009, 12:30 PM   #111
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
On my original order back in October the code didn't exist. It was added later to signify pre-orders. I would assume if you ordered then and now got another copy of your OrderWORKBENCH it will have automatically updated to include the R6P code.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VJCamaro View Post
I just ordered recently. I think that if you go to the dealer and ask them about this they probably won't know what you're talking about but just ask for a copy of your Workbench Order Sheet. It should have it on there by now. But I don't know.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:37 PM   #112
VJCamaro

Quote:
I just ordered recently. I think that if you go to the dealer and ask them about this they probably won't know what you're talking about but just ask for a copy of your Workbench Order Sheet. It should have it on there by now. But I don't know.
Thanks! When I get home, and if I don't see it on there I'll call him. My dealer seems to be in the know. I like how when I walk into my dealership all of their computers have some kind of 2010 camaro background. It seems I'm one of the fortunate ones.