Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-08-2014, 04:06 PM   #15
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpiersd View Post
Had this happen in my younger days when I had a black 3rd gen Trans Am. It showed every little ding, scratch, speck of dust.
I said something to the lady that hit mine as I'm getting out on the other side and she went off how it's only a car and if I cared that much I'd have parked farther out.
Keep in mind, farther out would have put it in the street, and there were at LEAST 20 empty spots between her ann the next vehicle.
She came out to all 4 of her tires flat, and a nice little note about if she cared about air being in her tires, she shouldn't spout so much hot air herself. Like I said, my younger days. And no, I didn't cut the tires. I pulled her valve stems and let the air our that way.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA awesome. Holiday time my Camaro has a perfect spot, its called the home garage.
Ace0751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 04:32 PM   #16
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
I had JUST gotten my car back from the paint shop one day, many years ago.... turned my Starion into a glorious yellow.

Came out of the store, to find some jackwad parked next to me, his open door tightly pressed up against the side of my fresh, soft paint, as his fat ass rummaged around looking for something in his car. "Fat ass" is of importance here, because that wide part of him was not only causing his car to bounce around significantly, but also to apply firm pressure against his door, and therefore into MY door.

I stood there for a moment, aghast, and pissed. I was finally able to utter, "What the Fluck?!?" (Or something similar). He looked up, and without a word of apology, just sort of pulled his door closed.

I was pretty bent. While I knew that my next action might cause me more pain and suffering, I still feel not an ounce of regret for it: I opened my door, and "slammed it open" against that dick's door. Then, I did it again. And I did it again. I think I may have even done it again and again. The chubby worthless man just sat there, taking my punishment.

Surprisingly, the edge of my door did not get damaged from my getting medieval on his car... but left a dent in his door. Yes, I did have a great, ugly mark where he had rubbed his door edge against my soft paint, but, that was going to be there whether I did my little thing or not (and come on.... realistically... who is EVER going to pay for a claimed "ding" on somebody else's car?).

I hope--- even though I know it's a pipe dream, but come on: Let me dream--- that he thought twice the next time he felt like letting his door bounce off of somebody else's car. Maybe it wasn't the wisest choice of action to take, but, damn... 15 years later, and I still don't feel bad about it.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 04:49 PM   #17
bjones71087

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS
I just had a dipshit last night bump into my front bumper. I just dont understand how you can hit a parked vehicle driving 2mph... Gtfo the road if you have that much of a problem driving! Luckilly, it only scuffed my bumper. And one of the reasons i got my car so cheap was the front bumper has several paint issues... Thats on the list of things to replace.
bjones71087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 05:00 PM   #18
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
LOL at the tree pic. Things that fit in the back of a Camaro (sort of): Christmas Tree, check!

I guess it brings new meaning to "Pine Tree Air Freshner" too. The car probably smells like a pine forest now.

In all honesty, I might have opted for the $20 HOme Depot truck rental, or at least bailing it and wrapping it up in a tarp, 'cuz sap is no joke when it gets on stuff like carpet and interior materials. But it does make for a good picture.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 05:23 PM   #19
hkittrell

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS/RS 1LE
I had JUST gotten my car back from the paint shop one day, many years ago.... turned my Starion into a glorious yellow.

Came out of the store, to find some jackwad parked next to me, his open door tightly pressed up against the side of my fresh, soft paint, as his fat ass rummaged around looking for something in his car. "Fat ass" is of importance here, because that wide part of him was not only causing his car to bounce around significantly, but also to apply firm pressure against his door, and therefore into MY door.

I stood there for a moment, aghast, and pissed. I was finally able to utter, "What the Fluck?!?" (Or something similar). He looked up, and without a word of apology, just sort of pulled his door closed.

I was pretty bent. While I knew that my next action might cause me more pain and suffering, I still feel not an ounce of regret for it: I opened my door, and "slammed it open" against that dick's door. Then, I did it again. And I did it again. I think I may have even done it again and again. The chubby worthless man just sat there, taking my punishment.

Surprisingly, the edge of my door did not get damaged from my getting medieval on his car... but left a dent in his door. Yes, I did have a great, ugly mark where he had rubbed his door edge against my soft paint, but, that was going to be there whether I did my little thing or not (and come on.... realistically... who is EVER going to pay for a claimed "ding" on somebody else's car?).

I hope--- even though I know it's a pipe dream, but come on: Let me dream--- that he thought twice the next time he felt like letting his door bounce off of somebody else's car. Maybe it wasn't the wisest choice of action to take, but, damn... 15 years later, and I still don't feel bad about it.
hkittrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 05:26 PM   #20
c5Legend
Camaro5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
So you protect your car by parking in a good spot but then stuff a tree in it? Lol nice

My Build
'11 Chrysler 300 Limited / '10 Camaro 2LT
c5Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 06:32 PM   #21
Whoomba

Drives: 2024Camaro 2SS CE Convertible
Quote:
Had this happen in my younger days when I had a black 3rd gen Trans Am. It showed every little ding, scratch, speck of dust.
I said something to the lady that hit mine as I'm getting out on the other side and she went off how it's only a car and if I cared that much I'd have parked farther out.
Keep in mind, farther out would have put it in the street, and there were at LEAST 20 empty spots between her ann the next vehicle.
She came out to all 4 of her tires flat, and a nice little note about if she cared about air being in her tires, she shouldn't spout so much hot air herself. Like I said, my younger days. And no, I didn't cut the tires. I pulled her valve stems and let the air our that way.
I folded the mirrors just to let her know I could've done more.
Whoomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 06:50 PM   #22
Jfoster

Drives: 2016 GT vert.
Quote:
My hero!
Jfoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 07:01 PM   #23
bjones71087

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS
Ahhh... Wish i had thought of the valve stem thing. I had a valve puller actually in the trunk. Lol. Flat tires are one thing... Not being able to get the air back in would be hilarious.
bjones71087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 08:02 PM   #24
djteezerSS

You see we don't need our SUV or pick ups ......lol, sorry Tahoe , sorry Silverado....

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
djteezerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 03:47 AM   #25
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Quote:

Awwwwright, awwwwright, awwwwright... Yeahhhh ! You gonna learn today !!! (Kevin Hart's voice) lol !

Bet she'll think twice next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-10-2014, 09:01 PM   #26
trcsr

Drives: 2018 2LT/RS Conv
I don't understand why people do things like this (meaning parking close to a nice car when it is parked way far away from others). I was at a shopping store and parked about 8 - 10 spaces from any other vehicles. When I came out of the store there was a POS parked right next to my drivers door and I would not have been able to get in if I was not a small person. And the worse thing is, the jerk was still in his car talking on the phone. I should have taken a picture of it, but with the attitude of some people these days, I might have ended up with a broken body part. So, I just squeezed in and drove off and now park farther away if possible. What is it about these cars that causes people to do this? Envy? Hate? Stupidity?
trcsr is offline   Reply With Quote