Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-04-2009, 03:44 PM   #127
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles View Post
Anyone who'd buy an auto V6 should never complain about performance. The stats were out there to look at for forever, and the V6 HP is misleading...torque is what really matters.
I bought a V6 and I'll brag about her performance Not sure if the auto is the issue here or what, by my manual is fun as hell to drive! Turn of the traction control and burn a lil rubber, slide the back end out a bit, drop it into 3rd and fly past that old timer doing 10 under the speed limit.... /sigh, this car is great. And as for being nimble.... well she made pretty decent times at the auto-cross, i dunno. For a 3800 lb car I'd say she does pretty awesome.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:50 PM   #128
Brokinarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedfreak View Post
The camaro is not a "muscle car"

regarding the OP. Great research before you sigined the deal

Considering how hard they are to get, I wuld du a private sale for sure..........

or if you don't mind the six.............boost is the word of the day
The Camaro isn't a muscle car? Am I missing something here? I mean, sure, 21st century sports car and all, but... i dunno, I guess I am too young to know a ton about the muscle car days. So Mods/people who actually were around back in the hay day, is this Camaro still a muscle car?
Old 09-04-2009, 03:53 PM   #129
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrail View Post
What in the world were you expecting?

Goodness, this really sounds rather fishy.

If you wanted all out performance, why did you buy a V-6 in the first place?

The numbers have been out there for all to see for many months now.

Personally, if this car was to be my daily driver, I would be tickled to death with the V-6. Enough performance, good fuel economy and nice looks. Nice balance for a commuter car if you ask me (which I know you didn't). But, I am throwing that out there.

I am not trying to be insulting. This just amazes me that you didn't know what you were getting up front.
'nuff said.....
Old 09-04-2009, 03:53 PM   #130
John VS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT CGM, IOM Int.
Quote:
Getting pretty tired of people who have never even set foot inside the new Camaro spouting off and being rude.
Speaking for myself...Hey, not trying to offend you, just trying to understand how the performance specs that were in every magazine are a surprise and disappointment to you.

That said, there are lots of nice cars out there. If you want nimble and quick, buy a Lotus.
John VS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 03:56 PM   #131
Brokinarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by John VS View Post
Speaking for myself...Hey, not trying to offend you, just trying to understand how the performance specs that were in every magazine are a surprise and disappointment to you.

That said, there are lots of nice cars out there. If you want nimble and quick, buy a Lotus.
bit on the pricier side, but if I could swing a lotus I'd definitely jump for an Exige
Old 09-04-2009, 03:57 PM   #132
Rummel Autosport

Drives: 92 Skyline GTR, 89 240SX
Muscle car/ Pony car ...... the definitions can be different depending on who you talk to, but the Camaro would be considered a muscle car more than it would or should fit into any other class.
Rummel Autosport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 04:18 PM   #133
camaro noob

Drives: 2009 Honda Civic
To the OP...

You are absolutely correct. The Camaro is a horrible car. Completely worthless. You should feel ashamed and disgraced for ever getting one. ESPECIALLY a V6. What the heck were you thinking man?! You need to get rid of that thing ASAP. If that means trading with some kid that lives in Northern California for his 2009 Civic, then do it. GET RID OF THAT CAR NOW. Seriously. Forget what these diehards are saying, you are correct. I'm serious here man, find some kid with a Civic and trade him.

...because I'm such a nice guy, I will gladly help you out here. I just so happen to live in N. California and I have a 2009 Silver Civic. I will do you a HUGE favor here and trade with you at your earliest opportunity. Just let me know. No need to thank me. Really. I'll take it off your hands for you...please??
camaro noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 04:26 PM   #134
Brokinarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro noob View Post
You are absolutely correct. The Camaro is a horrible car. Completely worthless. You should feel ashamed and disgraced for ever getting one. ESPECIALLY a V6. What the heck were you thinking man?! You need to get rid of that thing ASAP. If that means trading with some kid that lives in Northern California for his 2009 Civic, then do it. GET RID OF THAT CAR NOW. Seriously. Forget what these diehards are saying, you are correct. I'm serious here man, find some kid with a Civic and trade him.

...because I'm such a nice guy, I will gladly help you out here. I just so happen to live in N. California and I have a 2009 Silver Civic. I will do you a HUGE favor here and trade with you at your earliest opportunity. Just let me know. No need to thank me. Really. I'll take it off your hands for you...please??
better jump on that offer quick before he changes his mind!!
Old 09-04-2009, 05:02 PM   #135
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Hmmmmmm... Sounds like you need a new Corvette
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:06 PM   #136
Luny

Drives: Future Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 211269 View Post
Its not JUST the performance and I am sorry, but can YOU tell how big and cumbersome a car is going to feel driving it from looking at pics of it? You have some awfully special powers if you can.
0-60 for the V6 was advertised as 6.0, ur only off by a tenth so im not sure what the argument is there, and if u look at the online reviews and the actual look of the car it is a big and heavy car but with the SS it still smokes almost anything out there
Luny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:15 PM   #137
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 211269 View Post
Thanks for the replies. I am going to at least drive the SS and see what I think.
A good idea, but while the SS will be much faster and sound more impressive, it's not going to feel any smaller than the LS/LT you're driving now. (Which is it btw?) In any case when you test, make sure you ramp it up a bit. If you really test it, you won't go through this again.

It's always gonna be Camaro for me, but you seem more the compact type than the musclecar type. As such, may I humbly suggest a VW GTI. Small car, small motor, big turbo. A pretty quick little car, and while it won't outrun the Camaro (V6 or V8) it will definitely fit into smaller parking spaces. PERFECT! Sell your 5th gen, and leave the musclecars to those of us that love them.

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:19 PM   #138
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
sounds very familiar...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29433

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34751

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37581
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:21 PM   #139
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DZbob View Post
This is the first I have heard "big and cumbersome" I love my camaro, it handles almost as good as the C5 I sold to buy it.

I also smell something fishy here. Maybe a Mustang blogger.

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:39 PM   #140
John VS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT CGM, IOM Int.
Quote:
bit on the pricier side, but if I could swing a lotus I'd definitely jump for an Exige
I'd settle for an Elise. If you're willing to get one with a few miles, they're no more than an SS.
John VS is offline   Reply With Quote