Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-30-2008, 09:59 PM   #29
kanys

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16yearoldcamarodriver View Post
Apparently if I take drivers ed at my school, and I will, It will drasticly lower insurance rates for me.
Yeah I did that, and I get a discount for good grades, and I have never gotten a ticket or anything, and the insurance is still insane (thankfully I don't have to pay it yet, but still. So yes every little thing helps, but the initial rate is so extreme that nothing you can do can really soften it much:(
kanys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 10:02 PM   #30
Shadowsong

Drives: 2014 Mustang
Quote:
Apparently if I take drivers ed at my school, and I will, It will drasticly lower insurance rates for me.
Hm. That doesn't sound right. Driver's Ed is required for the permit, which is a precursor to your license, I can't see something that is required lowering insurance rates, unless you have it confused with Defensive driving, which will lower insurance rates, if you are NOT taking it for a ticket.
Shadowsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 10:05 PM   #31
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
V6 LT/RS
Fully loaded
Black (top half hot wheels pink)
polished aluminum SS wheels (not a big fan of the RS painted wheels)

Hope to get this baby for $26 ish.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:19 PM   #32
linkwpc
The punching cat

Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
My Choice:
What Version: RS/SS V8 version with everything in it!
Auto or Manual: 6 Speed Manual with 422 HP
Color: Orange/black or Black/orange or White/orange
Plan to buy: Jan 2010
linkwpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 10:20 PM   #33
chadrcr
to Z or not to Z

Drives: 99 S10 ZR2
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsong View Post
Hm. That doesn't sound right. Driver's Ed is required for the permit, which is a precursor to your license, I can't see something that is required lowering insurance rates, unless you have it confused with Defensive driving, which will lower insurance rates, if you are NOT taking it for a ticket.
Different state, could be true
Either way insurance WILL cost more for the V8, even for the 25+, which is when your (male) insurance should drop by +/- 40%...

99 S-10 ZR2
06 GMC Z71 - - - sold...
getting ready for my Camaro
02 Z28 - - - sold :( miss it!
chadrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 10:25 PM   #34
16yearoldcamarodriver
Advanced Senior Member

Drives: Mercedes ML350 '06
Quote:
You don't need a permit in NH, you just take drivers ed, learn then go fo yo liscense.

16yearoldcamarodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 10:28 PM   #35
kanys

Quote:
Well my driver's ed. class gave me a discount that would take effect 6 months after I started driving and last for 6 months IF I did not get in any accidents or get any tickets. But this discount was minimal, taking off like $20 a month (for 6 months, so it was a pretty good deal but still nothing major). I forget the discount for having all A's, but it was even less than the other.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:29 PM   #36
Shadowsong

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadrcr View Post
Different state, could be true
Either way insurance WILL cost more for the V8, even for the 25+, which is when your (male) insurance should drop by +/- 40%...
Could be a different state, hadn't thought of that. But yeah, the v8 insurance will be pretty hefty for pretty much everyone (that is a male) under 25 because apparently we are more likely to get in a wreck than all of those insane teenage girls driving around talking on their cell phones and putting makeup on at stoplights... on that one imo.. lol
Old 08-30-2008, 10:29 PM   #37
kanys

Quote:
You don't need a permit in NH, you just take drivers ed, learn then go fo yo liscense.
Ah, in TX we have to drive with a permit for at least six months after completion of d ed before we are eligible for a liscence, if I remember correctly.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:30 PM   #38
Shadowsong

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanys View Post
Ah, in TX we have to drive with a permit for at least six months after completion of d ed before we are eligible for a liscence, if I remember correctly.
Yeah, 6 months at 16, 3 months at 17, and you can get your license right after drivers ed at 18.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:31 PM   #39
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
Quote:
Youre effin kidding me i had to get 50 hours
Old 08-30-2008, 10:31 PM   #40
16yearoldcamarodriver
Advanced Senior Member

Drives: Mercedes ML350 '06
Quote:
Could be a different state, hadn't thought of that. But yeah, the v8 insurance will be pretty hefty for pretty much everyone (that is a male) under 25 because apparently we are more likely to get in a wreck than all of those insane teenage girls driving around talking on their cell phones and putting makeup on at stoplights... on that one imo.. lol
Lol, that is true.

16yearoldcamarodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 10:49 PM   #41
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
In Ohio, you get your temporary at 15.5 years, license at 16 years with driver's ed OR license at 18 years WITHOUT driver's ed. A lot of people, including myself, are just going for 18. Driver's ed is a total waste of money IMO.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:58 AM   #42
JEFF2010SSMANUAL
JEFF2010SSMANUAL

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS LS3
A loaded SS/RS LS3 manual, maybe without the sunroof if it sticks out of the car.

I want the best aftermarket exhaust and intake.

Color? White IF it comes out by June 09, otherwise I hope the Inferno Orange looks good, if not maybe Victory red. I like silver buy my last 3 cars b4 my current Black NIGHTMARE were all Alabaster Silver, so Silver is out. All the other colors are too dark for me.

I would consider stripes IF they are painted on. I don't want stickers.

For price, I won't pay more then $40k.
JEFF2010SSMANUAL is offline   Reply With Quote