Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 11-12-2012, 09:18 PM   #15
2008yellow

Drives: 2013 blue
To up above with the 427 Vette convert. The 427 vert is a great car but it is not a ZO6. Starting with no aluminum frame like a real Z and 7-8 other things. But I am nit picking. Ive had a couple zs and they are lighter and a little faster and handle better than the vert. I think the 427 vert is a great car and for GM a good money maker but in my mind not close to what a ZO6 is about. OK flame away. I going back to the Z so what ever>
2008yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:32 AM   #16
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Practicality. I don't want to choose which one of my sons gets to ride in the cool car with daddy I want them both to be there!
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:34 AM   #17
ZL1 Spoked

Drives: Camaro ZL1
[QUOTE=scubadoo7;5801787]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue10CamaroSS View Post
I've posted up this picture for about 17 different threads already for different reasons but here is another one

Me personally, I don't have kids, not married but I'm living with the gf. She doesn't want kids. I don't want kids. We both have our own daily drivers, but then we also have our fun cars:

2010 Camaro SS and 2013 Corvette 427 aka convertible special edition Z06.

For my situation, I would always choose the Z06 over the 1LE. My preference is experience with both the Camaro and the Vette. Granted the 1LE is an improvement over the 2SS, the Vette just has that more "me" factor.

Now if my scenario was changed, and I had kids or possible not having the Vette as a play car and needed the choice as a daily, then yes, the 1LE would be the choice.

But when you put them side by side, it screams madness and pure evil

[That's what i'm talking about! Vetts and camaros look good together!
Those are bad-ass. You definitely made the right decision. That Vette is amazing.

604 RWHP 602 LBS/TQ
ZL1 Spoked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:16 AM   #18
dshep214

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ssRS Ls3
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352805349.353213.jpg
Views: 1904
Size:  110.9 KB I absolutely love vettes. I will have one if I trade the camaro or not. I honestly love the look of both and the vette does look mean.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:08 PM   #19
2008yellow

Some problems with the LS7 engines, check Corvette forum. I still love the ZO6 though. the light weight makes it sweet. Like both our Camaros. I think we need more NA power or lighter car.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:48 PM   #20
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
At 6' 5" I have a hell of a time getting in/out and just sitting in my neighbors C6 Z06. I actually fit better in a C5 than a C6. The Camaro has way more room for me. I also have kids which is another + for Camaro but even without kids I would still have the Camaro over the Vette. It's just more my type of car. I've always been a Camaro guy and have owned my '69 since I was 16 yrs old.

I will say my neighbors bone stock C6 Z06 feels way faster than my modded Camaro. However, I will also say that I have a friend with a C5 Z06 and I beat him by a 1 second average the last time we went Auto-X together.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:37 AM   #21
the_fast_one

Drives: 2017 red hot zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008yellow View Post
Some problems with the LS7 engines, check Corvette forum. I still love the ZO6 though. the light weight makes it sweet. Like both our Camaros. I think we need more NA power or lighter car.
Been a member on corvette forum since 01 and the valve problem is a little blown out of proportion after talking to the c6z owners. Like most internet stuff you always hear when stuff goes wrong as there is no reason to post when stuff goes right. I'm leaning towards thew vette at the moment as I really miss mine. I am waiting til I get to be behind the wheel of the 1le before final judgement. What ever I get its gonna get the full intake, heads, cam, exhaust treatment.
the_fast_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:28 AM   #22
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
At 6' 5" I have a hell of a time getting in/out and just sitting in my neighbors C6 Z06. I actually fit better in a C5 than a C6. The Camaro has way more room for me. I also have kids which is another + for Camaro but even without kids I would still have the Camaro over the Vette. It's just more my type of car. I've always been a Camaro guy and have owned my '69 since I was 16 yrs old.

I will say my neighbors bone stock C6 Z06 feels way faster than my modded Camaro. However, I will also say that I have a friend with a C5 Z06 and I beat him by a 1 second average the last time we went Auto-X together.

My neighbor bought a new C6 and sold it after about 3-4 months because he couldn't handle the ride quality (sit basically on the floor, hard to get in and out of, stiff suspension, etc).
It's not for everyone.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:33 AM   #23
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fast_one View Post
Been a member on corvette forum since 01 and the valve problem is a little blown out of proportion after talking to the c6z owners. Like most internet stuff you always hear when stuff goes wrong as there is no reason to post when stuff goes right. I'm leaning towards thew vette at the moment as I really miss mine. I am waiting til I get to be behind the wheel of the 1le before final judgement. What ever I get its gonna get the full intake, heads, cam, exhaust treatment.
Honestly, in that scenario, you should look for a used and modded Z06. Let someone else pay for all the upgrades. Nothing wrong with a vette.....it's just a Camaro is more in line for some people.

I'll be willing to bet if you're leaning more towards a vette then you probably won't be happy with a 1LE. The power difference alone from a Z06 (especially a modded Z06) is going o be way more than with the 1LE. You would probably have to have both cars at a track scenario to really feel the difference between them. A 10 min drive at the dealer is probably not going to get you and acurate feel for the car.

Just my opinion......
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:22 PM   #24
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Not really two different markets as both are track cars and about super close on track times. I get the personal preference as on has back seats and the other not so much. I was just wondering the reasons as both are on the plate for me. I have no reason for back seats but loved my cts-v because of the extra room but never found a reason to be mad at my vette for lacking the seats.
You are assuming they will see track time. Most of both models, bought by most people, will never see the track.

In the end, it all boils to what YOU want. For all of the ways that I will use the car, the Camaro is the better choice. Not too mention pricing.

And yes, two different markets. Racing/track use aside, the Camaro is a "muscle car" (Camaro, Mustang, Challenger), the Corvette is a "supercar", normally in the class of performance exotic cars. They aren't typically associated nor compared.

Last edited by JimE; 11-15-2012 at 09:49 PM.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:57 AM   #25
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by dshep214 View Post
Attachment 442770 I absolutely love vettes. I will have one if I trade the camaro or not. I honestly love the look of both and the vette does look mean.
I'm sorry but the Vette is one sick looking MOFO. Still debating on trading for one.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:19 PM   #26
2008yellow

Quote:
I am a ZO6 owner and at 9,000 miles no problems. A lot of people are having problems and it is not a joke. I am selling my ZO6 and waiting to buy a C7 when they make a comparable car. But I have two 2SSRS 13 Camaros, wife and I, auto and stick, I like both.
I know 2 Z owners that have the valve problem. But they have the warranty to fall back on. The bad thing is you are afraid to modify the car.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:14 AM   #27
the_fast_one

Drives: 2017 red hot zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008yellow View Post
I am a ZO6 owner and at 9,000 miles no problems. A lot of people are having problems and it is not a joke. I am selling my ZO6 and waiting to buy a C7 when they make a comparable car. But I have two 2SSRS 13 Camaros, wife and I, auto and stick, I like both.
I know 2 Z owners that have the valve problem. But they have the warranty to fall back on. The bad thing is you are afraid to modify the car.
I know its a real problem but not as bad as the internet makes it out to be. I have 5 people in my corvette club that not had an issue with their valves. On has 65k and the other around 59k miles. The others are.sub 20k mile cars. If anything it gives you a reason to get the heads reworked and beefed up and while your at it might as well to do a cam etc.

The thing I love about the camaro is its looks, power(as long ss the 1le feels like it has it), and back seat/room. Do I need a back seat now....no I do not..but it is nice to have just incase for storage etc.
the_fast_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:03 AM   #28
Optimus

Drives: Former 2010 and 2013 Camaro owner
Ok, a bit off topic but want to hear the dumbest reason ever why I choose a Camaro over a Corvette (regardless of model)? Wait for it... Because I am a Transformers Nerd and my kids love Bumblebee. I would have bought a Vette but they don't make a Corevette that looks like Sideswipe yet. I know it sounds stupid but that was the reason. If they hadn't of used a Camaro in the movie, I'd probably be driving a vette. There you have it. GM's Marketing plan (2 hour commercal) worked. Now that I've owned one, I'd buy another one for 100 different reasons but the movie and the fact that was a fan of Transformers were the main reasons.
Optimus is offline   Reply With Quote