Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 11-05-2013, 10:15 PM   #29
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
Well first the Camaro looks like it was built by monkeys. Sec - the mustangs out sell camaros 4-1. Realy.
He compares the cost of a z/28 to a gt.
Not sher what year we are thinking of but the Camaro sells very well.
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:18 PM   #30
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
Um 2001
I'm sorry I was thinking NOW.
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:24 PM   #31
PonyKiller74

Drives: 2012 Triple Black ZL1 M6
Send a message via AIM to PonyKiller74 Send a message via Yahoo to PonyKiller74
The question I ask is why do we have Ford followers on this forum hating on peoples posts?.... go troll somewhere else
CenterForce DYAD Dual Disc Clutch, JDP stage 2 Clutch Reservoir, Rotofab CF CAI with Big Gulp and WW Reservoir Relocate, Stainess Works LT Headers and Retro Cat-Back with Cat Delete, MGW ST Shifter with custom Knob, CF Tail light Bezels, more to come...
Build Thread for my Z is in the works.....
PonyKiller74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:19 AM   #32
HeavyIOM

Drives: 2010 SS, 2000 Pontiac Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
The Z28 and SS Camaros were cheaper than their Mustang counterparts but enough teenage girls bought the Mustang over the Camaro so Mustang lived on.
This is what Stew quoted. The discussion had turned to the 4th gens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Actually the GT was cheaper than even the base Z28, loaded SS was around the same price as the Cobra. the Mustang lived on because it didn't look like it was built by monkey's in the quality department........ And really, teenage girls? they outsold the Camaro 4 to 1! That is much more than daddies buying their daughters brand new sports cars........

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy 3 View Post
Well first the Camaro looks like it was built by monkeys. Sec - the mustangs out sell camaros 4-1. Realy.
He compares the cost of a z/28 to a gt.
Not sher what year we are thinking of but the Camaro sells very well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy 3 View Post
Um 2001
I'm sorry I was thinking NOW.
He was talking of the 4th gens with that post. in whitch case he was right.
HeavyIOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:54 AM   #33
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebparkin3 View Post
This is what Stew quoted. The discussion had turned to the 4th gens

He was talking of the 4th gens with that post. in whitch case he was right.
Thank you.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:45 AM   #34
Bizlipkick

Drives: 45th Ann. 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt View Post
The important comparo will be next year when Ford fires back with the latest & greatest Shelby Mustang to try to kick the Z28s legs out from under it. Thank god Ford and Chevy are still fighting it out. Were getting some pretty serious iron for not a lot of coin these days. Boss, 1LE, etc.
Yea, we all win this battle! I had a 2013 5.0, which I l loved, but having owned a 87 supra for few years in high school ( the time period that established my car taste), I got used to having a slightly heavier, more luxurious ride. I then went the opposit direction and had an s2000 for 5 years, and seing how well the new american cars were doing, I went with the 5.0, which was selling at a marginally cheaper price then the camaro's. Then riding in my buddies 2ss with a sunroof, I knew I had to have it. Both great cars though. Just like the 03-04 Cobra's (one of my favorite cars of all time) I was at a light next to one in my 45th ss and we both shot the shit for a min waiting on the line, admiring each others cars. True enthusiast appreciate all performance cars, being brand specific nowadays is IMO mildly ridiculous.

p.s. I remember in 2001 when my best friends dad bought a 2002 loaded SS camaro with a 6 speed, and let us each take it around the block for 5 minutes a piece. Jesus that thing was beautiful/badass/everything I ever wanted. I think we forget how spoiled we are now a days compared to the mid 2000's when you either had a mustang or an import.
Bizlipkick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:16 PM   #35
Treefrog
U235 is fun!

Drives: CGM 2SS/M6
hummm 87 Supra.. I had one too.. awesome car.. was fun 8)
Treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:22 PM   #36
bowtiefamily

Drives: Chevrolet
Holy cow are there a ton of Ford trolls!
Old 11-06-2013, 04:03 PM   #37
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
I like the Ford Fans on here, keeps things spicy

I agree about performance cars and loving them across the manufactures. Hell and when you see the times these cars put out now. Just completely different, and we argue about what is faster... To even get the times that have been posted for the respective cars you would have to have some road racing seat times.

I wouldn't buy a Mustang, doesn't mean I cant respect it and see it for the performance car it is. I just wish Chrysler / Dodge would get going on the SRT and 3.92 cars, fast sure road race worthy not sure.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:21 PM   #38
Bizlipkick

Drives: 45th Ann. 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treefrog View Post
hummm 87 Supra.. I had one too.. awesome car.. was fun 8)
Oh yea, senior year was awesome. Had the electronic adjustable suspension also, rawr
Bizlipkick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:28 PM   #39
Deki

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSJIM View Post
Lots of Az. Ford Fanboys on here.......... As a person who has driven a Boss 302, the GT and owned one ('94) at one time, I can say that they are very nice cars and ride OK, however, they are not as good of a ride and lack the OVER ALL performance the Camaro has. Not saying I don't like the Mustangs or Dodges.... but I hate those fart Can weedwhacking sounding cars, the point is and if you listen to the Video, the Boss 302 is what was available to use as a comparison and now they are wanting to compete with higher end track related cars. So stop getting jealous of what GM has accomplished with the Camaro and go back to the Ford site!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyKiller74 View Post
The question I ask is why do we have Ford followers on this forum hating on peoples posts?.... go troll somewhere else
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtiefamily View Post
Holy cow are there a ton of Ford trolls!
Holy insecurities Batman!!!! Trust me, nobody is trolling. If anyone was, you would literally be punching your computer monitor out of anger. (I'm just basing that off the fact how you're reacting to having "Ford fanboys" in a thread having civilized conversation)
Old 11-08-2013, 05:46 PM   #40
San2cci

Drives: 2013 silver ice metallic ZL1
If Ford didn't make the mustang, the Camaro wouldn't be here right now...so there is atleast one good thing about Ford ;-) I drove in a 2013 GT500 and I must say, the interior is lame as hell but it was fast as F**K !!!
San2cci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:59 PM   #41
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Do your research,. just had this tie raid and the guy tried to disprove that and that is what was found out. 2001 for example. GT started at roughly 22k, Z28 at roughly 24k, Cobra was around 30k, loaded SS 30k or better, loaded WS6 could go as high as 35k. I remember these times well. I would take a Formula WS6 over any of them, but the pricing info IS correct.
No, you are wrong and I'm sorry your not man enough to admit it in this and the other thread so let me spell it out for you again in this one. The Z28 starts at $21,875, the GT at $22,730. When equipping both cars EQUALLY with auto trans and other options the Z28 ends up at $24,665 and the GT at $24,095. The Cobra is $29,325 and the SS is $28,865. You are right about the Trans AM WS6. That car is around 35k. That Z28 price is no where near a base stripped out model either. The only other options you could put on it besides SS option is T-tops, leather, chrome wheels, tire upgrade and rear window defrost. The Z28 price listed above is as equally equipped as the GT with its price.

My own personal 2001 Z28 had a MSRP sticker of around $24,500. It had every option except T-tops, leather, traction control, and wheel and tire upgrade. It was in fact a POS with a great engine, but it was a seriously fast POS that NO pre 2003 Mustang could come close to mod for mod. It was NOT in the same pricing realm of the Cobra that year yet EASILY beat it in the 1320.
Old 11-09-2013, 02:37 AM   #42
TannerJPowell

Drives: 2012 2SS M6
Best thing about mustangs; we keep getting faster and they stay in second place.

There's no reason Ford couldn't edge out camaro speed wise. But the allure of having similar speed in a lighter more efficient car is noteworthy. That seems to be fords game.

All out racing isn't the norm. Probably 70 % will never see more than a butt dyno. Why does winning matter except on paper? For most mustang owners it probably doesn't.

Camaro owners tend to expect their bolt on cars to be substantial performers. 4th gens were nearly 11s and it looks like 5 th gens are high 11 s with bolt ons.

Mustangs are ?
TannerJPowell is offline   Reply With Quote