Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-13-2009, 03:46 PM   #1
Katie.Gilmour

Drives: CamaroScotty's 1st 5th gen
Question Bluetooth question

I don't know if this has been asked before, but was wondering about the bluetooth. I finally have my phone compatable to my car. When I want to make a phone call and after saying dial it wants me to say the full phone number. Is there anyway to just say the persons name and it calls that way?? Because I don't know my friends phone numbers, that is why they are stored in my phone. And it is not really hands free if I have to look at my phone, find the name, and then read the number aloud, lol.
Katie.Gilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 03:47 PM   #2
sabrescamaro

Drives: TB SS and temporarily 2LTRS VR
You need to set nametags, then you'll be able to say "Call so and so," I believe...
sabrescamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 03:48 PM   #3
Justin
Camaro5's Cell Phone Geek

Drives: '02 V6 Camaro. 5 speed manual.
You could always initiate the call from the phone. It shouldn't be that hard to do that without looking. Just go into your phone book, and type the first letter of their name. (So like press 6 once if their name is Matt. Press 6 twice, quickly if their name is Nancy) and hit send.

2SS RJT with black rally stripes, RS package, sunroof, painted engine block cover. It's either that or a damned similar 'vert in a few years.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 03:51 PM   #4
Katie.Gilmour

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrescamaro View Post
You need to set nametags, then you'll be able to say "Call so and so," I believe...
any idea how to set nametags?? I have been looking through the manual and can't find anything. I know you can set them through onstar, but have yet to figure it out with the bluetooth
Old 06-13-2009, 03:53 PM   #5
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
you can push the blue onstar button, and the onstar staff will explain how to set them up - OR, check out the Onstar folder packet in your folder of goddies you got :-)

Hope the car's treating you well!!!!!!
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 03:54 PM   #6
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

and if that don't work, I'm sure your salesman would be MORE THAN happy to help you figure it out if you're ever in the area!!!

I was going to do a video...but I'm having difficulty getting our SS off the lot :(
Old 06-13-2009, 03:55 PM   #7
aberg

Drives: 2LT/RS
I just did it on mine. I think if you say program it will prompt you. If that doesn't work say something else, then the nice lady will list off prompts and then you can pick the right one.
aberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 06:17 PM   #8
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

or say "HELP"
Old 06-14-2009, 12:40 PM   #9
Katie.Gilmour

Thanks guys problem solved
Old 06-14-2009, 12:56 PM   #10
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Well, for anyone else, the way I did it was press the call button on the steering wheel and say "store". It will ask for the number and the name tag you want to associate with it.

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:50 AM   #11
electropop

Drives: GM Vehicles
depending on which phone you have, you can also use the "Voice" command which allows you to use the voice recognition on your phone. That way you can say "Call Robert" and if Robert is in your phone book the number will be dialed.

To get to this command say "Bluetooth" then "Voice" from the vehicle and you will automatically be passed through to the phones voice recognition system.

Let me know how it works.
electropop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:48 AM   #12
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie.Gilmour View Post
I don't know if this has been asked before, but was wondering about the bluetooth. I finally have my phone compatable to my car. When I want to make a phone call and after saying dial it wants me to say the full phone number. Is there anyway to just say the persons name and it calls that way?? Because I don't know my friends phone numbers, that is why they are stored in my phone. And it is not really hands free if I have to look at my phone, find the name, and then read the number aloud, lol.
Yes - give the phone number a name on your phone. It will transfer to the car when you want to use it.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:25 AM   #13
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
I was under the impression you set up the voice recognition on your phone first, and then the Camaro will use those to make calls...
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:07 AM   #14
LadiesMan217

Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
I have never had a car that I actually USED the Bluetooth on. I've had a few calls come in and I answered them...but I haven't actually called out with it yet. Maybe I'll go play with it at lunchtime.