Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 09-30-2014, 06:38 PM   #29
Lombardi

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
When you tune through IPF you connect to their server and select a tune based on your mods. Mostly it is just stock headers or long tubes.

I was going to write a full description of my experience, but rather not since they are good, but can be better.

I will say this, don't be disappointed if your car doesn't gain much when you put it on. I was running 14.1 @ 103 when I first installed it, went 13.4 @ 107 by making small changes on the car, same tune, within 1 week of runs.
oh ok. now I get how it works.
I'm hoping I gain something. All this money invested I don't want it to feel like the same car. what kind of changes did you do to gain that much?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 08:46 PM   #30
gutterball

Drives: 2014 1LS M6 Supercharged
Send a message via AIM to gutterball
Quote:
Originally Posted by crc91 View Post
Are you referring to the ipf time or the hp tuner?
You have the LFX Engine, tuning is much easier
gutterball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 08:58 PM   #31
IBM camaro
Texas HT5

Drives: IBM
You will feel major difference as soon as you get past 4k rpms or this is something your gonna feel no doubt just make sure you get the right gas in it I would do 93 with 10% E

I've had the supercharger 2 times and both times I felt a major difference and nothing I could do to my car engine wise or computer tuning could get close to the power of the IPF supercharger
IBM camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 08:30 PM   #32
Lombardi

anyone running gutted cats with CEL issues? I'm having CEL issues with my ungutted cats saying their bad but I put the trifecta tune to tune out the codes for the headers and cats and it's still coming up. Idk if that means the sensor is just plain bad or what...

Old 10-01-2014, 09:15 PM   #33
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
P0420, and P0430 codes? Or something else?
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 11:09 PM   #34
Lombardi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
P0420, and P0430 codes? Or something else?
yes on the 420 and I'm positive the other one is 430. I know they were consecutive

Old 10-01-2014, 11:23 PM   #35
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
If the codes are disabled it shouldn't be coming on. I think I've read that there is some check box or option in the trifecta software that you have to select so it turns the codes off?
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 12:34 AM   #36
Lombardi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
If the codes are disabled it shouldn't be coming on. I think I've read that there is some check box or option in the trifecta software that you have to select so it turns the codes off?
yeah after responding to you I actually found the thread saying how to do it. should be all set now. Thank god.

Old 10-02-2014, 04:18 PM   #37
Lombardi

should I suspect my cats are bad with the 420 and 430 code or is it just do to the headers? I have the codes deleted now just wondering

Old 10-02-2014, 05:00 PM   #38
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Check to make sure they aren't melting, but they will melt eventually. Mine lasted 1 month.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:57 PM   #39
Lombardi

Well I don't have the supercharger on yet so if they did melt I'm pretty surprised. they will be gutted this weekend during the install

Old 10-03-2014, 06:55 AM   #40
Lombardi

as always something always has to go wrong.

two of the bolts were pretty striped. one I was able to snug the other is the big one that goes into the block. that one I wasn't able to seat flush but it also feels like it's at the end of the threads like there's not more to go anyways. anyone want to chime in how there's is? I have the supercharger in place and everything clears it and I don't see any issues the way it is. I don't know..

overall pretty easy so far. me and my bud are taking our times and checking the instructions multiple times as we go. some stuff gets confusing the way they word things or repeat themselves. Idk if it was just me and it being late but the tightening sequence to the bolts seemed confusing to me so I hope I tightened them right and good enough.

Pretty much in six hours I got the supercharger bracket and supercharger mounted. Intercooler mounted and I have the piping mocked up just to get an idea of fitment. man is it tight. deff going to have to try and bend some stuff out the way a little. just snaking the piping through is tough. good thing it's silicone.

my only other issue is I'm missing the new power steering hose they supply so I will have to go out and see if I can get a piece cut. I'm going to call Andy when I wake up and see if I can get any specs on it so I can get it as accurate as possible. I'll post some pictures when I get up I'm beat. here's one for a teaser!

Old 10-03-2014, 07:45 AM   #41
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
Make sure you get the right length bolts in place, they all need to be snug. as far as the steering hose, make sure it has a spring inside so that it does not collapse when running, makes the steering hard to turn. many have had this happen.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:05 AM   #42
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
*watching closely

Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote