Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-04-2010, 11:26 AM   #43
blackknight
Camaro Lover

Drives: 2014 GMC Sierra 5.3L
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
if that's the way you really feel, that you will be "settling", I would suggest not, and wait until you can afford what you want.
I agree dont "settle" go balls to the wall or none. you could prolly get a loaded Chevrolet Cruz for under 26k. Which i have to say is a nice ass little car. Not saying you have to get a Cruz. but thats just one option.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:41 AM   #44
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debeldan View Post
ya the jeeps tires will spin hard on those turns. but will the LT be the same feeling on turns that the SS is?
I have driven both the RS and the SS on the same road and honestly, once you're up to speed there's no difference. The difference is in getting thrust back into the seat in the SS versus getting gently pressed back in the seat in the RS when you're leaping out of the hole.
Unless you need to be getting from 0-60 that quickly (and at 16 - seriously - you do NOT need to be getting from 0-60 that quickly), take the RS.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:43 AM   #45
Brownhornitt

Drives: 2006 White Corvette Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidCigam View Post
I liked the RS package, just looks extra sweet. But to get it you gotta upgrade from an LS to a 1LT which is more $, and then add the extra $1,200 or something. Also if you have $26K to spend do you plan on paying in cash or financing? If you plan on paying in cash you gotta account for taxes and some other stuff that'll add a grand a 2. Imo if you are financing and have a job I'd go with the RS, but if you are paying cash I'd stick with the LS.
I think it's a good idea for him to finance, regardless. It will help his credit score. And he'll keep some money to spend on the car, insurance, gas, and other life stuff. Go $18,000 down, or something like that. And buy the exact car you want. You'll regret it if you don't.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:01 PM   #46
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Detroit View Post
Right. LS and the LT.
In the corners they will handle pretty much the same. The tire and wheel size may vari, which will give it a slightly differnt feel from wheel size to wheel size, but for the most part they will initially handle the same.
Some good coilovers doesn't hurt either!
Old 11-04-2010, 12:07 PM   #47
GhostOutlaw

Drives: Black 2011 2LT/RS
Buy the SS RS fully loaded.

If you have 26k cash now, finance it over 60 months. Put some money down, or 0 if u want, w/e.

Take that 26k cash, put it in CDs, safe investments. Over 5 years that 26k should be worth like 30k or so over 60 months. And if you cant come up with the other 10k over 5 years, your doing something wrong.

NEVER pay for anything in cash, always finance. NEVER finance anything you cant afford to pay for in cash on the spot. 2 good rules to follow.

If you actually have 26k in cash, right now, in this case, yea the SS is over your limit to finance, but you should be able to come up with the rest over time. Just be smart. That applies to your driving too.
GhostOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:14 PM   #48
Rogey89
ZL 1 3 7

Drives: '23 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSLarry
You obviously forgot what being 16 is all about; getting laid.

The RS package will get you laid more ;-)

hope she signs a pre-nup
Old 11-04-2010, 12:27 PM   #49
Debeldan

Drives: none
i dont know anything about the financing stuff. all i know is i have 26K and im going to spend it on a camaro. i dont care about any of the money buisness i just want to know which car would be the best to get for that amount of money. my parents can handle all the financials. thanks
Debeldan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:30 PM   #50
Brownhornitt

Drives: 2006 White Corvette Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debeldan View Post
i dont know anything about the financing stuff. all i know is i have 26K and im going to spend it on a camaro. i dont care about any of the money buisness i just want to know which car would be the best to get for that amount of money. my parents can handle all the financials. thanks
Stop talking like a 16-year-old. You need to start playing ball with the adults if you want an adult car. Financing is a great idea for multiple reasons. If you don't know about it, study up on it. You need to be open to it, youngblood. Listen to your folks, and the people on this forum. Believe it or not, we do know a thing or two.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:32 PM   #51
Murph0408

Drives: 2LT Black '10 Camaro, 2000 Durango
Quote:
It'll just get people to post in the thread talking about more useless crap about how you should save your money

ohhh my goodness.

im speaking from experience and giving my 2 cents just like the rest of you guys, one opinion = another. IN MY OPINION kid is mad young and should be smart instead of throwing so much cash at a V8 that he can probably barely afford to fill the tank on. unless dude has a ballin' job after school how the F is he gonna pay insurance/gas/etc?

whatever im just speaking my mind
Murph0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:42 PM   #52
Debeldan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownhornitt View Post
Stop talking like a 16-year-old. You need to start playing ball with the adults if you want an adult car. Financing is a great idea for multiple reasons. If you don't know about it, study up on it. You need to be open to it, youngblood. Listen to your folks, and the people on this forum. Believe it or not, we do know a thing or two.

i believe it. i jsut dont understand what it means.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:44 PM   #53
Debeldan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph0408 View Post
ohhh my goodness.

im speaking from experience and giving my 2 cents just like the rest of you guys, one opinion = another. IN MY OPINION kid is mad young and should be smart instead of throwing so much cash at a V8 that he can probably barely afford to fill the tank on. unless dude has a ballin' job after school how the F is he gonna pay insurance/gas/etc?

i work for my parents. and i dont pay for gas to and from school. which is basically what im going to be driving.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:47 PM   #54
PoorMansCamaro

I have a feeling his parents already got financed for 26k...
Old 11-04-2010, 12:49 PM   #55
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph0408 View Post
ohhh my goodness.

That's all fine, but the OP asked which car to get, not whether he should get it or not...
Old 11-04-2010, 12:53 PM   #56
Debeldan

Quote:
That's all fine, but the OP asked which car to get, not whether he should get it or not...

thank you! i dont have to know about this stuff. thats for my parents. all i want to know is what the best car is!