Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-21-2012, 08:24 PM   #1
jdenotter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,M6,Black w/CGM Stripes
Metra kit problem, HELP PLEASE!

So I have a 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS and about 6 months ago I purchased a used metra kit and double din pioneer dvd head unit from another forum member. Well today I noticed the rear speakers are not working. I took it by my installer which is a good friend of mine. He check the factory speakers and factory amp. Well nothing was wrong with them. He did a hard reset of the metra kit and nothing. Still no sound coming from the speakers. He thinks the metra kit has gone bad. I called metra and they said the kit needed to be reset by hooking up a cable and doing firmware update. Has anyone ever had this issue with their metra kit or have any idea on what it maybe?

Thanks,
Jon
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
jdenotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:57 PM   #2
jdenotter

Anyone?

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:33 AM   #3
jdenotter

Bump

Old 09-22-2012, 03:50 PM   #4
rray

Drives: 2013 GAZ 2SS/RS
The problem needs to be isolated, because there are 4 possible variables, the Pioneer head unit, the Metra kit, the factory amp, and DID the rear speakers EVER work after the upgrade.

Did the rear speakers work at any time in the past 6 months, or did you never notice?

Assumption: you mentioned factory amp, so it's wired using the RCA jacks, so try swapping the front white with rear green and front gray with rear purple plugs to see if the rear channels drive the front speakers. If sound comes out the front only, then its the amp/metra, if sound now comes out the rear only, it's the head unit.
rray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:58 PM   #5
jdenotter

That what I was thinking is the rear channel but the installer checked that If Im not mistaken and all was fine. I just now noticed it the day I took it in so Im pretty sure they have been working. I noticed a big difference in volume and bass levels since they have gone out. I gotta take it back to the installer this week so they can hook up the metra to a cable to check the firmware.