Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 09-06-2011, 11:10 PM   #1
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Drives: Yellow 5th Gen 2SS RS
A lot of Body Roll - more than I thought

So I went in a huge parking lot where they host autox events and played around. Wow the car has more body roll then I thought. Looking forward to how she will feel after I put on the Pfadt Sport Sways bars and the BC Coilovers.

The hardware should be here by Friday. I can do the install myself as I wrenched on all my previous cars. But I think I am going to get some prices on the install as I live in a condo. Or I may have to go to my buddies place - but he lives 40 minutes away.

In any case I will be doing an Autox Sept 18th, so the upgrades should make it a lot more fun. The way she handled earlier tonight - I would have regretted not putting the sways and coilovers first.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:32 PM   #2
JohnZ

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT V6
I have the Pfadt Sport Sways bars and I am glad i did the upgrade. It really helps with the roll. Also, if you are going to be doing all this stuff you may want to get some rear bushing inserts, I also added these and I can feel a major difference in traction. Especially, when accelerating out of a turn.
JohnZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:36 PM   #3
BAWLZ SS

Drives: '10 Camaro LS3 2SS/RS, 1968 Nova
Good luck. Im very close to doing alot of suspension work to my car too! I want to get some coilovers too move than anything because i love the stance! Lol but my driveway at home is at an incline and as it is at stock height the car slightly scrapes and therefore i have to take it out at a very crazy angle!!! SMH but i plan to move soon just cuz i still wanna lower my car! well hope to see some pics of before and after with your parts installed! Good luck!!!!
Performance- Kooks Headers w/HF cats, ZL1 Corsa exhaust, VMax, CAI Inc. CAI, MGW shifter, RX CC Suspension - KW V3 Coilovers/ Full PFADT & BMR suspension Appearance - ZL1 Fascia/Sides/ Diffuser, AAC Afterburners, RK Sport 3pc Spoiler, SLP Black out Kit
BAWLZ SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:48 PM   #4
SamHouseIII
I Carry!

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
I am also looking to upgrade my suspension, but I am afriad of the trade offs. Comfort vs. Grip, If I stiffen it up, jarring occurs on normal roads, to soft and does'nt handle for crap. Whats the happy meduim?
SamHouseIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:51 PM   #5
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

If I decide to do the install - a lot of pics. If I get a shop to install - maybe they will let take pics - and maybe allow me mount my HD video cam on a tripod for the entire install - but to make it cool - have the video playing at 5x or 10x the speed and load up on youtube.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:54 PM   #6
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamHouseIII View Post
I am also looking to upgrade my suspension, but I am afriad of the trade offs. Comfort vs. Grip, If I stiffen it up, jarring occurs on normal roads, to soft and does'nt handle for crap. Whats the happy meduim?
Thats the cool part about the coilovers. You can play with the adjustments to find the happy medium. The sway bars from pfadt off the top of my head has 3 positions on the rear you can choose from. I am going with the middle. I think the front has two and I'm keeping softer than the rear.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:56 AM   #7
Nessal

Drives: Exige, Miata, Ghia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamHouseIII View Post

Get coilovers so that you can play with the settings to match what your other equipment you are running i.e. tires, sways, etc.

Btw, stiffer doesn't necessarily mean more grip.
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:27 AM   #8
SamHouseIII
I Carry!

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Thanks guys, I think this will be the next phase for mods.
SamHouseIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:32 AM   #9
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
As Nessal mentioned in the thread already, stiffer doesn't always mean more grip. When doing a first round of upgrades to your Camaro you're going to find that the first things you change make a HUGE difference. Our favorite first mod are sway bars since they make a massive difference and give a nice platform for you to continue to mod from. Sway bars are less about increasing ultimate grip, and more about increasing confidence in corners by changing the balance of the car. A set of sway bars have minimal effect on ride quality but will make the car MUCH more entertaining to drive by eliminating the understeer built into the factory suspension.

Past that we have spring packages which also have minimal effect on ride quality, and achieve the aggressive stance and performance that our customers are looking for. The best solution that provides the most room to grow is a set of coilovers. We offer the only Camaro coilover on the market which was designed from the ground up as a Camaro coilover, with damping rates specifically designed for the Camaro. We packaged this into one simple to adjust package that requires no drilling or fabrication. Our Coilovers aren't just for race cars, but rather for customers who want the most flexibility with their suspension setups. Drag to street to track settings are all simple turns of the adjuster knob away.

Be sure to check out our signature for more details on a Camaro5 special we are running right now!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:33 AM   #10
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Pfadt - thanks for chiming in. I'm more interested in getting rid of the understeer and having balance. Last night was a real wake call. I will install a set of Pfadt coilovers on my next ride - if the zl1(what I'm thinking of) needs them.

Text message just notified me of a delivery.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:57 AM   #11
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Wow its the coilovers. I thought the sways would be here. I would have mounted them bad boys up right now!